need some opinions/info if possible!

Related:
Create New Tag

8/19/2012 12:57 PM

So, I'm just getting back into bmx and I have my bike built up with everything besides the wheelset. Thats literally all I need and I'm kinda desperate because I wanna start riding already.

I hit up this one dude because he's selling a "specialized p20" wheelset for $50 bucks.
Specialized seems to have some quality stuff and the set seems like a good deal.

It will be temporary of course but for now do you think it would be a good idea to go for it?

Also my friend offered me his old set for a little more, theyre sun ringles.

what do you guys think? really appreciate it if anyone could tell me what they know about the wheels or if you've ridden them.

|

If everything was easy, nothing would be worth it.

Checkery of the Bike

8/19/2012 1:09 PM

Specialized wheels are horrible maybe it's just my expierence with Specialized but, the BMX department is horrible.
as for wheels i feel like if there is something on your bike you don't cheap out on... wheels is definately 1 of the top 2 or 3 things you don't go cheap on.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

8/19/2012 1:13 PM

Me? wrote:

Specialized wheels are horrible maybe it's just my expierence with Specialized but, the BMX department is horrible.
as for wheels i feel like if there is something on your bike you don't cheap out on... wheels is definately 1 of the top 2 or 3 things you don't go cheap on.

alright cool thanks man

I also have the possibilty of getting a
front tree/primo 7 series
rear profile/sun envy

through a trade, any input?

|

Checkery of the Bike

8/19/2012 1:57 PM

eyerum wrote:

alright cool thanks man

rear profile/sun envy

yea, that set sound quite a bit more solid but, before you trade make sure to check the wear on the profile and make sure you know how old it is....

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

8/19/2012 3:25 PM

eyerum wrote:

alright cool thanks man

rear profile/sun envy

that sounds like a pretty nice wheelset if you are getting it through a trade. if you have the money though go for gsport rollcage/ribcage hoops and shadow hubs are pretty nice and somewhat cheap, but profile hubs are the way of the future man!

|

509-301-202one. April 14 Bike check

Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2

eBay - 120+ transactions, 100% feedback

8/19/2012 5:29 PM

Broughton wrote:

that sounds like a pretty nice wheelset if you are getting it through a trade. if you have the money though go for gsport rollcage/ribcage hoops and shadow hubs are pretty nice and somewhat cheap, but profile hubs are the way of the future man!

As he said, profiles are nice, Gsport hubs are nice as well as solid. Bsd hubs are sweet as well. If you are keeping low budget, then do the trade thing. If you want to throw cash out there, Albes has great prices and They build solid wheels.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

8/19/2012 8:23 PM

eyerum wrote:

alright cool thanks man

rear profile/sun envy

Broughton wrote:

Chuck8273 wrote:

As he said, profiles are nice, Gsport hubs are nice as well as solid. Bsd hubs are sweet as well. If you are keeping low budget, then do the trade thing. If you want to throw cash out there, Albes has great prices and They build solid wheels.

good to know guys thanks!

|

Checkery of the Bike

8/19/2012 8:34 PM

For 50$... Buy them to get rolling... Then save up for a custom set... Me personally, primo hubs and odyssey/gsport rims are the only way to go.

|

8/19/2012 8:36 PM

Me? wrote:

eyerum wrote:

alright cool thanks man

rear profile/sun envy

Why would anyone ever put a sun envy in back and primo 7 up front? Seems ass backward to me..

|

8/19/2012 8:41 PM

andrew rs wrote:

Why would anyone ever put a sun envy in back and primo 7 up front? Seems ass backward to me..

lol no idea, and yeah I just built up a rear wheel on albes (primo remix to gsport rollcage) and put in a discount code and it came out to $188 but I doubt that deal is gonna stay. sad I could get easy money quick selling my fgfs but a part of me doesnt want to let go of it

|

Checkery of the Bike