need some pegs, bike came without any :(

Related:
Create New Tag

12/5/2017 9:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/5/2017 9:35 AM

what are a good pair of pegs and hub guards.. my whip came without them sad only need 2 pegs btw

|

12/5/2017 9:44 AM

Depends whether you like metal or plastic?

I run Odyssey Mpegs, because they are metal, they are cheap and they have pins that stop them spinning.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

12/5/2017 9:57 AM

ive never used platic before.. when I was young we had only metal

|

12/5/2017 10:51 AM

Same here, I've never used plastic. Might try one day though.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

12/5/2017 11:22 AM

Odyssey j-peg light, or lighter. Seriously love mine. Metal pegs ftw!

|

12/5/2017 11:24 AM

What's the difference between the J peg and the m peg

|

12/5/2017 11:33 AM

Is hub guard nessacary?

|

12/5/2017 11:45 AM

Plastic pegs will help reduce damage to the object that you are trying to grind. Unless it is a metal edge. They also allow you to ride more spots with less hassle from security, etc.

|

12/5/2017 11:45 AM

The j-peg are heat treated 4140 chromoly, and a lot lighter than m pegs.

|

12/5/2017 11:58 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

This is what I run with Mission universal front hub guards on both sides. If USPS could like...not suck ass all the time, I'll have my rear hub guards soon.

Every trick I learn I try to learn switch at the same time.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

12/5/2017 12:03 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

This is what I run with Mission universal front hub guards on both sides. If USPS could like...not suck ass all the time, I'll ...more

Every trick I learn I try to learn switch at the same time.

This! It's so nice to be able to show up to any spot and not be limited because you can only spin one way.
|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

12/5/2017 3:24 PM

Manny Perez wrote:

Is hub guard nessacary?

Id say so, I like my gsport uniguards, they protect the dropouts too!

|

12/5/2017 3:29 PM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

Depends whether you like metal or plastic?

I run Odyssey Mpegs, because they are metal, they are cheap and they have pins ...more

I had to take my pins out to run Uniguards. They have yet to rotate on me. I run female hubs front and back. I am on rough concrete too! Im sure if you ran them for a long time without checking your nuts/bolts they would eventually rotate.

|

12/5/2017 4:23 PM

Manny Perez wrote:

Is hub guard nessacary?

it's not necessary, but definitely a very good idea & investment. they make grinds much smoother/better locked in, protect your hub shell (especially the rear since the bearing sits right where you'd be slamming down on it), protects spokes (some hub guards do a better job than most at this), and more that I just can't think of at the moment.

Get ones that replace the cone nuts if you can. I know a lot of people recommend the G-Sport gland, but I say find chromoly ones. S&M, Mission Daily Grind, Shadow, Bone Deth, all make universal chromoly guards (I think only S&M & Mission make universal ones for the front as well) but having ridden aluminum & pc guards in the past, chromoly definitely feels and locks in the best while grinding. Plus they last forever and don't deform. Win-win.

|

12/5/2017 5:35 PM

I missed out on a Sunday ex chris child's 15% off at my lbs, I had ordered my KINK whip already, it had hub guards already and 2 pegs, if I would of been patient I could of got it instead, the money I'll spend on a few pegs and gun guards will be the couple bucks I saved from not getting the bike I wanted sad Whomp Whomp

|

12/5/2017 7:59 PM

Manny Perez wrote:

What's the difference between the J peg and the m peg

J-peg lighter are a 38mm diameter whereas the m-peg is 34mm diameter. And Jpeg lighter are under 8oz while the mpegs are over 8oz. Jpeg lighter are sold individually and mpeg are sold as a set.

I think the smaller diameter of the mpegs allow for most plastic sleeves to fit over them whereas the jpegs are more traditional.

|

12/5/2017 11:42 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

This is what I run with Mission universal front hub guards on both sides. If USPS could like...not suck ass all the time, I'll ...more

Oppo. Switch and oppo are 2 different things.

|

12/6/2017 7:59 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Oppo. Switch and oppo are 2 different things.

Well shit, since you mentioned it, what the hell is the difference?

|

12/6/2017 2:09 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Well shit, since you mentioned it, what the hell is the difference?

Oppo is doing things the opposite way you normally do. If you 180 to the right regularly, then 180ing to the left would be opposite

Switch is doing things with the other foot forward. If you ride right foot forward regularly, but switch to left foot forward and do something, that’s switch

a lot of people use these terms interchangeably nowadays so it doesn’t matter A LOT, but they do mean different things. I know I’m guilty of it too but I feel “switch” rolls off the tongue better

|

12/6/2017 2:31 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Oppo is doing things the opposite way you normally do. If you 180 to the right regularly, then 180ing to the left would be ...more

Aha! Thank you for clearing that up. So yeah I should say I try to learn everything opposite.

Kinda funny though if we're talking grinds, I notice its a lot easier for me to do an opposite double peg if I'm riding switch. (mind blown)

|