new bike parts,opinions?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/11/2013 4:36 PM

Considering my new bike parts any thoughts?good or bad?
United mother ship $400
Fit shivs $180
Bf stems $100
Fit skyscraper bars $100
Odyssey headset $30
Odyssey bottom bracket $30
Odyssey thunderbolts $230
Animal Hamilton’s $30
G-sport wheels $430 [Rolcage in the back ribcage in the front]
Hawk tires $70
Tubes $20
Federal/seat post $60
Shadow Chain $40
ODI’s $30
$2000

|

8/11/2013 4:42 PM

I would get some metal pedals like trailmixes but that's just my opinion and put the ribcage in the rear and rollcage in the front and everything else seems pretty good.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

8/11/2013 4:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/11/2013 4:46 PM

400$ for a mothership sounds a little overpriced.

Forks: Odyssey R32
Cranks: Odysseys are legit, also consider Subrosa Bitchin's
Why would you put a Rollcage rear and a Rib front that's just retarded, go Ribcage front and back.
I would avoid Hawks, if you like slick tires get Shadow Stradas instead.
Rest is all legit.
Just sounds extremely overpriced, like bars and stem 100$ what the hell, where are you buying from???

EDIT: I just checked and the Mothership v2 retails 299 USD on dans.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

8/11/2013 4:49 PM

I've never ridden Shadows but whats wrong with Chase Hawks I just got one and seems pretty grippy for street so far.

|

My Fit

8/11/2013 4:51 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

I've never ridden Shadows but whats wrong with Chase Hawks I just got one and seems pretty grippy for street so far.

Heard they're great for street, but tend to slide out on slippery park surface.
I'm running Stradas right now and I gotta say I'm very pleased with how they're holding up.

|

8/11/2013 4:52 PM

Where in the fuck are you getting these parts that are so overpriced? lmfao.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/11/2013 4:53 PM

Oh i never really get to the skate park around me so that might be true maybe someday ill head over there and test them out but for street there a lot more grippy than i expect but I'm probably gonna be fucked once it starts raining in the winter over here lol.

|

My Fit

8/11/2013 4:59 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

Oh i never really get to the skate park around me so that might be true maybe someday ill head over there and test them out ...more

Are you riding it front or back?

|

8/11/2013 5:12 PM

andyferly wrote:

Right now only front but I ordered another one and it should be at the bike shop Tuesday i got 2.4 front and rear.

|

My Fit

8/11/2013 5:22 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

Oh i never really get to the skate park around me so that might be true maybe someday ill head over there and test them out ...more

andyferly wrote:

fitbikerider14 wrote:

Right now only front but I ordered another one and it should be at the bike shop Tuesday i got 2.4 front and rear.

I would have suggested putting the Hawk rear and putting an Aitken up front, but I guess that'll do too.

|

8/11/2013 5:33 PM

30$ odi you have aids

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

8/11/2013 6:26 PM

andyferly wrote:

I would have suggested putting the Hawk rear and putting an Aitken up front, but I guess that'll do too.

I'm sure Aikens grip good but there too aggressive for my taste i like slicker street tires that's why i got Hawks.

|

My Fit

8/11/2013 6:36 PM

Where are you getting these parts from? They're fucking robbing you blind with those prices

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/11/2013 6:42 PM

tomdon wrote:

Where are you getting these parts from? They're fucking robbing you blind with those prices

totaly you would be better off going through dans

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/11/2013 7:01 PM

SickDude wrote:

30$ odi you have aids

Hahahahahaha

|

Refs: 360Xuprider, Hatebreeder, MrHavoc1988

Email: Shanebaker6969@yahoo.com

!!!My Bike Check!!!

8/11/2013 10:32 PM

i just rounded the prices up but i was pretty sure about the frame because if you check back bone its 400

|

8/11/2013 10:43 PM

ryan.kotthoff wrote:

i just rounded the prices up but i was pretty sure about the frame because if you check back bone its 400

Back Bone is Australian... you might not even top $1500 with this build. And as stated before Rollcage back / Ribcage rear is fucking retarded, considering the Ribcage is heavier and stronger.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

8/11/2013 11:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/11/2013 11:08 PM

below this

|

8/11/2013 11:08 PM

i Have Fire ENGINE RED Gsport Rollcage rims laced to CHROME Gsport hubs front and back with hub guard for rear 300 for the wheel set

|

8/11/2013 11:14 PM

All prices are from Dans.
Mothership V2 $300
Shiv's $130? Not sure, Dans dosen't stock them? but I'd say R25's ($135) or Shadow Captive's ($150)
Bf stem $65
Fit skyscraper bars $60 (black) $75 (chrome)
Odyssey headset $27
Odyssey bottom bracket $29
Odyssey thunderbolts $180
Animal Hamilton’s $20 (assuming PC, but op didn't specify)
G-sport wheels $430 [Rolcage in the back ribcage in the front] (no idea, sounds close...)
Hawk tires $60
Tubes $4
Federal/seat post $60 (close enough)
Shadow Chain $30
ODI’s $10
$1250-$1350 roughly, give or take a few dollars.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

8/11/2013 11:16 PM

Mfwic_ wrote:

i Have Fire ENGINE RED Gsport Rollcage rims laced to CHROME Gsport hubs front and back with hub guard for rear 300 for the ...more

How about maybe selling me just the rims? wink

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

8/11/2013 11:30 PM

Mfwic_ wrote:

i Have Fire ENGINE RED Gsport Rollcage rims laced to CHROME Gsport hubs front and back with hub guard for rear 300 for the ...more

Me? wrote:

offer?

|

8/11/2013 11:33 PM

Mfwic_ wrote:

Me? wrote:

Mfwic_ wrote:

offer?

Text me, number in sig, get me some pics?

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

8/12/2013 6:23 AM

ryan.kotthoff wrote:

That's AUDs ...
Why on earth would you order form Australia if you're from the US. (according to your profile)
Just get your stuff from Dans or Albes.

|

8/12/2013 8:04 AM

ryan.kotthoff wrote:

andyferly wrote:

That's AUDs ...
Why on earth would you order form Australia if you're from the US. (according to your profile)
Just get your ...more

Or Empire

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

8/12/2013 8:50 AM

Shiv's are shit. Get odyssey forks
Ribcage in the back not the roll
Get metal pedals
Shadow chains are shit. Get a bluebird until the keychain. Comes out

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

8/12/2013 3:18 PM

It´s funny that you are saying that those prices are really expensive, because in Spain they are normal prices, except the frame and the forks, that are more expensive...

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

8/12/2013 4:06 PM

T-rider wrote:

Its funny that you are saying that those prices are really expensive, because in Spain they are normal prices, except the ...more

There is also an exchange rate to factor in

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/12/2013 4:25 PM

You need to change your location, you are obviously in Aussieland. If those were US prices you would be being ROBBED!! I still think you could probably buy it all from Empire, Albes or Dans Comp in America & have it shipped for you. I don't know what the Customs are like in Aussieland but i rarely get charged more the £40 here in the UK even on BIG orders. You'd save a SHIT TON of money!!

|

8/12/2013 5:27 PM

T-rider wrote:

Its funny that you are saying that those prices are really expensive, because in Spain they are normal prices, except the ...more

tomdon wrote:

There is also an exchange rate to factor in

I have do it with this. 400$-300euros, for the mothership frame, which is 389 euros here. Sorry, but i am too lazy to put all the other items, but Fit shiv II 180$-135euros, they are 149 here.. Spanish prices suck, specially animal is really overpriced here...

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx