new chain rubbing on driver!

Related:
Create New Tag

4/15/2013 6:44 AM

Okay so i got a new half link chain and i fitted it perfectly no slack, the drivetrain is all in line, all the pins are ok everything is perfect but everytime i pedal it sounds like it's rubbing against the driver almost like it's being forced to move and makes a really loud noise from my driver, i'm running 25-9 if that helps, please help

|

4/15/2013 6:46 AM

pics? you may have put it on upside down or backwards

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

4/15/2013 6:55 AM

this is what it looks like help me broPhoto

|

4/15/2013 6:58 AM

That looks like a Kmc 710sl. It shouldn't be rubbing. Check the pins

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

4/15/2013 7:02 AM

it's not the pins because it makes the noise all the time when i pedal not just at a certain point, it's like it's rubbing across the driver forcing it to move, helpppppppppppppp

|

4/15/2013 7:03 AM

"it sounds like it's rubbing against the driver"
I don't get how a chain rubs against a driver?

I think it's just your new chain creaking. Some new chains take time to break in and might make loud creaking sounds for about a week or so.
|

4/15/2013 7:08 AM

oh ok i just wondered because the noise comes directly from the driver and it's really loud

|

4/15/2013 7:18 AM

Can you post a video so we can hear the noise?

|

4/15/2013 7:26 AM

i can't right now, all i can say is when i'm pedalling there's a strange noise coming from my driver like it's being forced but the chain is brand new and has never ridden is it on backwards?Photo

|

4/15/2013 7:30 AM

Have you looked at your driver to see if there is any wear starting? You've got your master link on the correct side yeah?

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

4/15/2013 7:52 AM

Drivers have like a metal bushing tube spacer type thing that keeps them from rubbing on the hubshell bearing and tooth ring. Is that in there? Sometimes it's actually just a piece of the axle

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

4/15/2013 7:55 AM

it was a split linnk so yh

|

4/15/2013 8:00 AM

I have the same problem, it just needs some light lube and time to break in!

|

Text For Faster Response (727) 218 4305
Follow Me On Instagram - @Marcog_727
Refs–
Sold : Mrhavoc1988, Skubasteve, Joe_Martinez, -Havok-
Bought : ii Krxfted, Tomdon, SnM An1mal, ScramHype, Ecuadevil, TheHorrorContract
Traded : Wolfen, Kevin_Burnett, The_Bmxist, Wilberto_Mora, Mobking, Joe_Martinez

4/15/2013 8:07 AM

Marco_Gonzalez wrote:

when u say the same problem does the noise sound like it's coming directly from the driver when you pedal? the driver is fine btw it's a new chain

|

4/15/2013 8:10 AM

Marco_Gonzalez wrote:

Ryan Mason wrote:

when u say the same problem does the noise sound like it's coming directly from the driver when you pedal? the driver is fine btw it's a new chain

Yeah, it sounds like it comes from your driver, but its just your chain

|

Text For Faster Response (727) 218 4305
Follow Me On Instagram - @Marcog_727
Refs–
Sold : Mrhavoc1988, Skubasteve, Joe_Martinez, -Havok-
Bought : ii Krxfted, Tomdon, SnM An1mal, ScramHype, Ecuadevil, TheHorrorContract
Traded : Wolfen, Kevin_Burnett, The_Bmxist, Wilberto_Mora, Mobking, Joe_Martinez

4/15/2013 8:32 AM

ok thanks so i should just ride how long before the noise will go approx?

|

4/15/2013 9:48 AM

TOO TIGHT. Seriously, you should have between 1/8th to 1/4 inch of movement at the tightest point on your chain for it to be properly tensioned. I would guess you have it overly tight.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura