new chain rubbing on driver!

Related:
Create New Tag

4/15/2013 6:44 AM

Okay so i got a new half link chain and i fitted it perfectly no slack, the drivetrain is all in line, all the pins are ok everything is perfect but everytime i pedal it sounds like it's rubbing against the driver almost like it's being forced to move and makes a really loud noise from my driver, i'm running 25-9 if that helps, please help

|

4/15/2013 6:46 AM

pics? you may have put it on upside down or backwards

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

4/15/2013 6:55 AM

this is what it looks like help me broPhoto

|

4/15/2013 6:58 AM

That looks like a Kmc 710sl. It shouldn't be rubbing. Check the pins

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

4/15/2013 7:02 AM

it's not the pins because it makes the noise all the time when i pedal not just at a certain point, it's like it's rubbing across the driver forcing it to move, helpppppppppppppp

|

4/15/2013 7:03 AM

"it sounds like it's rubbing against the driver"
I don't get how a chain rubs against a driver?

I think it's just your new chain creaking. Some new chains take time to break in and might make loud creaking sounds for about a week or so.
|

4/15/2013 7:08 AM

oh ok i just wondered because the noise comes directly from the driver and it's really loud

|

4/15/2013 7:18 AM

Can you post a video so we can hear the noise?

|

4/15/2013 7:26 AM

i can't right now, all i can say is when i'm pedalling there's a strange noise coming from my driver like it's being forced but the chain is brand new and has never ridden is it on backwards?Photo

|

4/15/2013 7:30 AM

Have you looked at your driver to see if there is any wear starting? You've got your master link on the correct side yeah?

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

4/15/2013 7:52 AM

Drivers have like a metal bushing tube spacer type thing that keeps them from rubbing on the hubshell bearing and tooth ring. Is that in there? Sometimes it's actually just a piece of the axle

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

4/15/2013 7:55 AM

it was a split linnk so yh

|

4/15/2013 8:00 AM

I have the same problem, it just needs some light lube and time to break in!

|

Text For Faster Response (727) 218 4305
Follow Me On Instagram - @Marcog_727
Refs–
Sold : Mrhavoc1988, Skubasteve, Joe_Martinez, -Havok-
Bought : ii Krxfted, Tomdon, SnM An1mal, ScramHype, Ecuadevil, TheHorrorContract
Traded : Wolfen, Kevin_Burnett, The_Bmxist, Wilberto_Mora, Mobking, Joe_Martinez

4/15/2013 8:07 AM

Marco_Gonzalez wrote:

when u say the same problem does the noise sound like it's coming directly from the driver when you pedal? the driver is fine btw it's a new chain

|

4/15/2013 8:10 AM

Marco_Gonzalez wrote:

Ryan Mason wrote:

when u say the same problem does the noise sound like it's coming directly from the driver when you pedal? the driver is fine ...more

Yeah, it sounds like it comes from your driver, but its just your chain

|

Text For Faster Response (727) 218 4305
Follow Me On Instagram - @Marcog_727
Refs–
Sold : Mrhavoc1988, Skubasteve, Joe_Martinez, -Havok-
Bought : ii Krxfted, Tomdon, SnM An1mal, ScramHype, Ecuadevil, TheHorrorContract
Traded : Wolfen, Kevin_Burnett, The_Bmxist, Wilberto_Mora, Mobking, Joe_Martinez

4/15/2013 8:32 AM

ok thanks so i should just ride how long before the noise will go approx?

|

4/15/2013 9:48 AM

TOO TIGHT. Seriously, you should have between 1/8th to 1/4 inch of movement at the tightest point on your chain for it to be properly tensioned. I would guess you have it overly tight.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura