new stem/bars

Related:
Create New Tag

6/24/2014 8:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2014 9:32 AM

right now i have a sunday freeze top load stem and Sunday Tall-T bars 8.7 rise
However, this set is too tall for me so im either getting a new stem (front load) or new bars (about 8.5). Which do you think its better
and can you recommend me a particular one. Maximum $55
Also, what do you guys think about going from a 4 upsweep bar to a 1 upsweep bar? Will it make big difference and if yes - good or bad?
Thanks

|

6/24/2014 9:23 AM

The lower You go with Bars the MORE Upsweep You want! MAHUSSIVE Bars surprisingly don't really need a lot of Upsweep, I was really surprised how My Perfect 10s feel! I'd look into something along the lines of the new Cult Hawk Bars or S&M Fatheads. 8.5" with 4-Up. I know proper Top Load Stems are getting harder to find with the Upload Stems taking over! But there are the odd few like the Merritt Inaugural, BSD Race, The Eclat Stems aren't crazy high either.

|

6/24/2014 9:31 AM

switch to a diff stem. Gonna be more affordable than bars

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/24/2014 10:23 AM

I'd say new stem too, cheaper and probably will last longer than a set of bars

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

6/24/2014 10:25 AM

I'd say a cult front load.

|

6/24/2014 10:52 AM

ok thanks guys and which stem do you think is best from these - http://www.danscomp.com/saleshop-PARTS/sg/BMX+Steering+Accessories+Sale.html
or if you know another good FL stem between $0 and $50 you are free to tell
and what reach should i I get? Im 177 meters tall ( about 5.8-5.9 inches) and have a 20.75 frame.
is it true that a shorter reach makes the bike a more responsive :o

|

6/24/2014 10:55 AM

I'm only 5'9" also. and I prefer 48-50mm reach on my stems. most stems are the same material so go for something from a reputable company or w/ little to no cutouts.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/24/2014 10:57 AM

I like exactly 8.5x28 bars with 3 upsweep and 11 backsweep, and if you like anything different, you are wrong because you go against what I like. There is only one correct way to ride bars and that is my way. Your personal preference is wrong.

#hatersgonnahate

|

6/24/2014 11:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2014 11:50 AM

Jesse, I can't decide between...

S&M FU-Bar's 10" x 30" 1.5-Up, 10-Back
OR
Fit Savage Bar's 9.85" x 29" 4-Up, 11-Back

Which ones are right oh mighty BMX Over Lord laughing

|

6/24/2014 11:55 AM

Topsey wrote:

Jesse, I can't decide between...

S&M FU-Bar's 10" x 30" 1.5-Up, 10-Back
OR
Fit Savage Bar's 9.85" x 29" 4-Up, 11-Back

...more

Both of those are complete garbage. If you want cool swaq bars you should grab a set of nitrous bars in 7.5 rise. max your swaq

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/24/2014 12:16 PM

See Tom, I trust You're knowledge on these things, but because of My shoulder & back issues I do need Taller, Wider Bars! I have Perfect 10s right now & they feel good! I know of Elevenz, but do You know of any 12" x 32" Bars 2 to 4 Upsweep & preferably 10 Backsweep???

|

6/24/2014 12:39 PM

Topsey wrote:

See Tom, I trust You're knowledge on these things, but because of My shoulder & back issues I do need Taller, Wider Bars! ...more

You should contact fit. They have a prototype model of what they call the "sweet sixteen" bars. They were seen in the tom dugan bar promo. I believe 38" width. Those will sort your issues!

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/24/2014 6:30 PM

Topsey wrote:

See Tom, I trust You're knowledge on these things, but because of My shoulder & back issues I do need Taller, Wider Bars! ...more

tomdon wrote:

You should contact fit. They have a prototype model of what they call the "sweet sixteen" bars. They were seen in the tom ...more

Oh for sure! Those sound spot on!

|

6/24/2014 7:25 PM

tomdon wrote:

Both of those are complete garbage. If you want cool swaq bars you should grab a set of nitrous bars in 7.5 rise. max your ...more

I forgot nitrous made 7.5 rise bars!! Haha my first aftermarket bars were 8" nitrous ones

|

2Hi throwaway



Anti-street?

NEWER VIDEO





TRV-950 Footy






Holy shit Chad Degroot posted in my Good porn thread!


VX all day(fixed, raw video, real shit)


Refs: Stayinonmagrind, Dee hos, Kevin Burnett

6/24/2014 8:42 PM

Cheapest way of dropping you bar height is cutting your steerer tube

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

6/24/2014 8:44 PM

Gump wrote:

Cheapest way of dropping you bar height is cutting your steerer tube

flipping his topload is way cheaper though. but a sunday freeze tl being upside down looks ugly as fuck though.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
.
.
.
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)