noob Q

Related:
Create New Tag

8/12/2009 11:38 AM

Hey gang, I have a somewhat noob question. Im riding a fit bike, I want to upgrade the cranks to profiles but unsure what all would i need ot get to make them work, far as bottom bracket and such. The cranks on there now are ok, just wanted to upgrade, need something longer.

would anyone mind pointing me in the right direction?

thanks.

|

just wanna ride!!!!!!

8/12/2009 11:39 AM

You may need a new 19mm bottom bracket but I'm pretty sure you won't. I think the fits already have that.

|

"I don't care if my dog can eat people, I'll fucking eat people."
"I dunno man, maybe it was a nickname from your bitch, I don't know
thought maybe you had like an albino penis, like the color of a ping-pong ball."

[LINK TO IMAGE]

8/12/2009 11:40 AM

profiles ftw
if your bottom bracket is the size of the spindle you won't need anything
but if it's like 22 and you need 19 then just a new bottom bracket

|

8/12/2009 11:51 AM

I beleive it said mid Size BB, so I should be ok with just getting the cranks. I wanted to upgrade to a seal BB though?

|

just wanna ride!!!!!!

8/12/2009 11:52 AM

Adrian-BMX wrote:

I beleive it said mid Size BB, so I should be ok with just getting the cranks. I wanted to upgrade to a seal BB though?

i'm pretty sure that the fits are already sealed

|

8/12/2009 11:57 AM

im dumb i got profiels they where 19mm i thought they where 22 and they where rally loose and i wonderd why but icbf to put em on.

|

Biggest troll.

8/12/2009 12:00 PM

cool, im order them and go from there.

thanks gang.

|

just wanna ride!!!!!!

8/12/2009 12:10 PM

Adrian-BMX wrote:

cool, im order them and go from there.

thanks gang.

your welcome hoe.

|

dont think of it as rape, think of it as surprise sex. and who doesnt love a surprise?

8/12/2009 1:08 PM

keep it straight pimpin' nigga

|

Trinity Bikes Freestyle Team! Bike Check Nigga!

8/12/2009 1:21 PM

hey gang,

just went to Dans comp and looked at the profiles, but which set do I need to get. they have quite a few to choose from. Not picky on color just not sure which one I should order.

My bike is stock, all fit parts.

Also, are the Redline Monster cranks any good. they have a nice ride but im sure I havet put them to the test.

|

just wanna ride!!!!!!

8/12/2009 1:25 PM

P0ngPenis wrote:

You may need a new 19mm bottom bracket but I'm pretty sure you won't. I think the fits already have that.

this

|

8/12/2009 1:26 PM

Adrian-BMX wrote:

hey gang,

just went to Dans comp and looked at the profiles, but which set do I need to get. they have quite a few to choose from. Not picky on color just not sure which one I should order.

My bike is stock, all fit parts.

Also, are the Redline Monster cranks any good. they have a nice ride but im sure I havet put them to the test.

redlines suck if u wants longer cranks get profiles 180 mm 19mm with a sealed mid bottom bracket 19 mm

|

8/12/2009 1:40 PM

just dont let ur profiles get too old and brittle. i blew up mine, but it took seven years of hard riding between me and my brother. so you should be fine

|

Love Life,Ride BMX The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends
If your not living on the Edge , your taking up too much space!!

8/12/2009 1:41 PM

cool, been riding off and on so i should be ok. Just now have the time to get back on and ride more.

|

just wanna ride!!!!!!

8/12/2009 1:45 PM

ya. me too. but also, the eastern 720 cranks were my replacement, and theyve been perfect. theyre cheap too.

just prepare for a struggle to get them on there.

|

Love Life,Ride BMX The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends
If your not living on the Edge , your taking up too much space!!

8/12/2009 2:35 PM

This shits dank
http://www.danscomp.com/452552.php

thats what i got

but heres the basic without the ti
http://www.danscomp.com/452553.php

|

8/12/2009 2:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/12/2009 2:42 PM

yea thats the one i was looking at, the bottom link. I want the sealed BB, mine isnt sealed. I haveing to tighten it up this evening, starting to wiggle a little.

How was the install, Im not a 5star mech. but small jobs I think i will be ok with.

|

just wanna ride!!!!!!

8/12/2009 2:42 PM

Adrian-BMX wrote:

yea thats the one i was looking at, the bottom link. I want the sealed BB, mine isnt sealed. I haveing to tighten it up this evening, starting to wiggle a little.

How was the install, Im not a 5star mech. but small jobs I think i will be ok with.

what fit do you have? i have an 08 fit am and its sealed

|

NEXT bikes all god damn day

8/12/2009 2:43 PM

All you gotta know is what BB your frame is then buyy a 19mm sealed bearing set for whatever your frame BB is

|

8/12/2009 2:43 PM

freeagent72, i sent you an pm.

|

just wanna ride!!!!!!