normal hub into freecoaster?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/13/2016 9:12 PM

Hi! I have a normal cassette, my question is : If I buy a freecoaster driver and I insert it into the hub, Will I convert the normal hub driver into a freecoaster?
Im thinking on the Salt Trapez Freecoaster Driver...
It includes pawls and springs

|

8/13/2016 10:14 PM

Amazing!

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

8/13/2016 11:33 PM

No. It won't work.

|

8/14/2016 6:02 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

No. It won't work.

Only if it was that easy?

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

8/14/2016 9:38 AM

If you repeadedly shove it up your butthole it will work

|

8/14/2016 10:49 AM

jake1125 wrote:

If you repeadedly shove it up your butthole it will work

this

|

8/14/2016 9:19 PM

No, but Max Vu somehow got a custom Primo Remix hub converted to a freecoaster. How he did it, not many know.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

8/15/2016 3:29 PM

No.

It will not work correctly because that hub is DESIGNED to be a coaster. There are more parts than just a driver involved.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/15/2016 4:43 PM

readybmxer wrote:

No, but Max Vu somehow got a custom Primo Remix hub converted to a freecoaster. How he did it, not many know.

Just an ezra style clutch ring and springs with some extra machining in the hubshell and driver. I wanted to do it to my Gsport Ratchet.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

8/15/2016 4:54 PM

Kink was supposedly working on something to adapt their Incite hub into a coaster with a driver Kit. Not sure if that was legit or BS, but the idea is there if done well. Honestly I'd bet a deeper shell for the driver and internals would be the biggest hurdle from a regular hub.

I would just invest in a coaster/cassette hub or a coaster wheel to swap over if that's what you want, or run chainless for a bit because it is reasonably close.

My plan is a full wheel/tire and tube to swap from cassette to coaster in a couple minutes.

Just need the tire now.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura