not feeling well

Related:
Create New Tag

4/14/2021 9:34 AM

being sick and riding are not a good mix. i can't imagine being on the road and getting sick. or leaving for a trip when you come down with a cold. yuk. felt the need to get this off my chest. anyone have this experience?

|

4/14/2021 9:39 AM

Switch to beer.

|

4/14/2021 9:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2021 9:46 AM

Hey guys, have you ever been sick while being obligated to do something or go somewhere? Ever had bad luck or an inconvenience that gets in the way of a hobbie?

Here's a better question: How is this a thread?

|

4/14/2021 9:47 AM

Beer and hot sauce , drink some beers eat a ghost pepper or douse some Carolina reaper sauce on some food and youl be golden , clear you right up

|

4/14/2021 10:04 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Beer and hot sauce , drink some beers eat a ghost pepper or douse some Carolina reaper sauce on some food and youl be golden , ...more

I'll take the beer; you can keep the hot sauce laughing laughing laughing

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/14/2021 10:07 AM

the hot sauce does sound like a good idea. i hate feeling sick. i'm always afraid it will get worse.

|

4/14/2021 10:13 AM

Can we sticky this thread?

|

My mom thinks I’m special

4/14/2021 11:19 AM

Being sick sucks!!

|

4/14/2021 11:44 AM

d-Herz wrote:

Being sick sucks!!

Try hay fever! Sneezing as you come off the lip of a quarter is terrifying!

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/14/2021 1:31 PM

Yeah it's not fun, fast, you'll heal quicker.

|

4/14/2021 4:05 PM

Take a xanax and online gamble til u feel better

|

13 years old

4/14/2021 4:18 PM

IndianaTom wrote:

Can we sticky this thread?

sure. anyone else have any more common cold remedies?

|

4/14/2021 4:26 PM

ghostrider920 wrote:

sure. anyone else have any more common cold remedies?

Sorry bro it’s COVID, rip...

|

4/14/2021 5:04 PM

I went on a road trip to Tasmania once where a gastro stomach bug ripped through everyone.

We were staying at a friend-of-a-friend's house in Hobart, and woke up in the middle of the night, ripped off my sleeping bag and ran out the back door and hurled all over the yard. Like all over..it was massive. I felt like I threw up for five minutes straight until everything was out and I was still uncontrollably dry heaving. I was very embarrassed and tried to hose and sweep everything up. Next morning my mate was like "Oh that happened to me too. I didn't make it outside though!" He'd done the same thing except he'd vomited all over the kitchen floor. Luckily he was the one who was old friends with the home owner haha.

For the next week or so people rotated in and out of "Team D" (D for diarrhoea) spending a few days moaning and clutching our stomachs and living in the toilet, occasionally rolling back to town, 20km under the speed limit, to the nearest pharmacy to see what kind of drugs they could give us. Every jolt was in the ancient Land Rover Defender with hard seats. God it sucked.

|

4/14/2021 7:23 PM

This thread is odd. But to keep my immune system tip top I take zinc, echinacea and vitamin D (no homo) daily. And I also do a shot of apple cider vinegar when I’m lacking sleep or about to travel - two things that compromise your immune system.

|

The crap of our past fertilizes our future.

4/14/2021 7:59 PM

Whenever I get sick, I don't try to be the hero or tough guy and I always like to rest up my body enough to heal. You can take all the meds you want, but most of the time, your body will heal on its own with some rest.

|

4/14/2021 8:01 PM

ghostrider920 wrote:

the hot sauce does sound like a good idea. i hate feeling sick. i'm always afraid it will get worse.

Health anxiety?

|

4/15/2021 4:23 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

Try hay fever! Sneezing as you come off the lip of a quarter is terrifying!

Front flip!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/15/2021 4:26 AM

Vic707b wrote:

Whenever I get sick, I don't try to be the hero or tough guy and I always like to rest up my body enough to heal. You can take ...more

Meds are typically aimed at minimizing symptoms, not "curing" the ailment. Hence why we don't continue to take them after (or at least shouldn't...some still do and those people are destined for a bad time).

Minimize symptoms to make resting easier (in most cases).

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/15/2021 8:35 AM

Vic707b wrote:

Whenever I get sick, I don't try to be the hero or tough guy and I always like to rest up my body enough to heal. You can take ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

Meds are typically aimed at minimizing symptoms, not "curing" the ailment. Hence why we don't continue to take them after (or ...more

That's right. There is no actual cure for the common cold or flu. Meds only "cover" the symptoms. They don't get rid of the underlying cold or flu.

|

4/15/2021 8:54 AM

Does anyone ever wake up and feel not sick but kind of "cruddy". Like not really a sore throat but you gotta clear your throat all day and maybe your bone are a little achy. Is that a cold or just something else? I used to get really bad sore throats as a kid but havent had one in several years now.

|

4/15/2021 11:19 AM

IndianaTom wrote:

Does anyone ever wake up and feel not sick but kind of "cruddy". Like not really a sore throat but you gotta clear your throat ...more

what that is could be a fever. they come with a cold usually. i almost feel better enough to ride. i think that was my point to begin with.

|

4/15/2021 8:01 PM

Lmao the year before corona I had a gnarly flu and still rode with my homies and was throwing up every block or so when I was riding downtown San Diego. Luckily none of them got sick but I’ll admit I was a dumbass for riding while sick asf. Just wanted to get out and I was getting antsy

|

smile

4/15/2021 9:05 PM

IndianaTom wrote:

Does anyone ever wake up and feel not sick but kind of "cruddy". Like not really a sore throat but you gotta clear your throat ...more

When you're between being sick but not really, it's your body fighting off the sickness. Kinda like almost sick but not really. Our white blood cells are fighting off the bacterial or virus invasion. When our white blood cells win, then we don't end up being full on sick and quickly go back to normal. BUT, when our cells lose the fight, we're eating shit for the next few days.

|

4/15/2021 9:10 PM

ghostrider920 wrote:

what that is could be a fever. they come with a cold usually. i almost feel better enough to ride. i think that was my point ...more

Don't mean to be the fever police, but you very rarely develop a fever when you have a cold. Body aches, fever and just plain feeling miserable is a flu. A cold is normally a cough, sneeze, maybe a headache. Usually with a cold, I can go to work and function fine. But a flu has knocked me down for a good 3 or 4 days. Flu is way worse.

|

4/15/2021 9:16 PM

IndianaTom wrote:

ghostrider920 wrote:

what that is could be a fever. they come with a cold usually. i almost feel better enough to ride. i think that was my point ...more

Vic707b wrote:

Don't mean to be the fever police, but you very rarely develop a fever when you have a cold. Body aches, fever and just plain ...more

Facts ^

|

4/15/2021 9:17 PM

Fever is your body's way of speeding up it's process..

|

4/16/2021 4:55 AM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Fever is your body's way of speeding up it's process..

This. Your body cranks up the heat to weaken whatever it is battling. Sometimes it works, sometimes the heat gets turned up to high and you gotta use meds to drop it down-but mild fevers are something to deal with VS meds.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/16/2021 6:28 AM

VitalSigns.com

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

4/16/2021 8:13 AM

If you never run out of opium, you will never get sick. So just don't run ok. Okay?!

|