not sure about how I have installed bb on my new frame

Related:
Create New Tag

8/30/2018 8:14 AM

Hi guys,

I have started yesterday to build up my new bike and I am not so sure about how I 've installed bb.
I have Odyssey BB.
Put one bearing, put the tube spacer and than check the lenght..I think was ok for not putting any more spacer..
Than I have started hammering inside the other bearing and that I ve put crank.

Even if the crank spin smooth, it can't do more than 2 "laps" and I don't think this allow me to do crankflips.

Do you think I have to put 1 spacer inside? Also, It's the bearing like this ok or Do I need to push it more inside??

THANK YOU

|

8/30/2018 8:16 AM

Photo
|

8/30/2018 8:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/30/2018 8:34 AM

It's especially important for non pinch bolt cranks to have the correct length spacer.

What I'd do is put the two bearings and the tube spacer on the crank spindle outside of the frame and then line it up with the bottom of the BB shell, making sure the edges of the bearings are flush with the edges of the BB shell. Then you know what spacers you need to install.

Also, in that picture, it looks like the bearing isn't fully seated.

|

8/30/2018 8:42 AM

jbales wrote:

It's especially important for non pinch bolt cranks to have the correct length spacer.

What I'd do is put the two bearings and the tube spacer on the crank spindle outside of the frame and then line it up with the bottom of the BB shell, making sure the edges of the bearings are flush with the edges of the BB shell. Then you know what spacers you need to install.

Also, in that picture, it looks like the bearing isn't fully seated.

My crabk is the odyssey thunderbolt. it is considered pinch or non pinch?

|

8/30/2018 8:54 AM

They're non pinch bolt.

|

8/30/2018 10:20 AM

Thank you! I have finished it!!

|

8/30/2018 10:20 AM

Photo
|

8/30/2018 10:25 AM

Awesome! It's beautiful!