not very humerus.

Related:
Create New Tag

1/13/2014 10:17 PM

This is gonna be one of "those threads" where I ask a question that I'll probably just get bitched at to go to a doctor for and whatnot, and I will in a few days if it's not improving.

But, Saturday I was at an indoor skate park and I tried hangering a whole grind box, like 5 feet or so, was getting kinda close but then the one time I leaned too far forward and got sent over the bars, straight to my hands and when I landed my right arm hurt like fuck, I heard a tiny pop, but got up and sat down for a bit. It fucking hurt, and because it hurt I was scared to move my arm & hand but eventually did and I could fine, but it was shaking. I couldn't ride anymore, well I kinda could. I feebled the box once more but it hurt so I stopped.

Hurt to lift a shampoo bottle that night, but I iced it and took medicine, then the next day it felt a bit better, still hurt, and today it feels noticeably A LOT better but still hurts, currently icing it while typing this. Even went out & rode today, could do little stuff like 180s, manuals, footjams, footjam whips, fast plant 270s, small grinds, but a couple other tricks like hopping too high or wallriding would hurt, so I just stuck to the little stuff.

right now it feels better than it did earlier, but I'm insanely sketched out now that I read up on Humerus Fracture Symptoms and a few things were pretty accurate, except it's not at all tender to touch the skin, absolutely no bruising, I can move it above my head, but it does have some constricted movement & I did hear a small "pop" noise when I fell, but that could have anything. My hand/wrist/rest of my arm doesn't hurt or feel at all numb, so I don't know.

Anyone here ever experience a humerus break? I'd really like to hear from you, before I go out & get million dollar x-rays & shit just to find out I'm fine or something, still gonna go in a few days if it's not any better. I usually do heal fairly fast.

|

1/13/2014 10:22 PM

Hell, I was trying backwards manuals 2 weeks ago on Christmas break, fell right on my back super duper hard and also my right elbow. Felt like I had fractured it. Makes weird popping if you feel it, not like on my left elbow. And a few days later, I feel again and again and there's a bump that just doesn't go away, like a chronic swell. Still a teeny bit sensitive but it's definitely better. I fuckin hate backwards manuals. And I always die trying them out of endos, which I did in this case.... I fell back REALLY bad.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/13/2014 10:25 PM

I believe x-rays cost like 85 bucks? My mom got a few x-rays done for 85 bucks a pop not that expensive if you ask me.... compared too "walking it out" and later on discovering you have to get more shit done. I haven't had any fractures that I know off but I believe I've had a couple close calls... did the area where you got hit get numb and tingle for a bit? That's usually a sign of a fracture. I think you've fractured something before so it shouldn't be strange too you.... either way man get it checked out if it sketches you out. I hit my elbow on my handlebar once and it hurt like a motherfucker I thought it "was fine" and it felt better everyday but I had a tiny little bump for a month and a half or so.... never checked it out though.

Go to the doc if you feel it's serious.

|

1/13/2014 10:31 PM

Get better.

I'd presume you fractured it , get it xrayed as mentioned to be safe. If it didn't bruise then it sounds like it might be a little compound fracture I think.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/13/2014 10:32 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

I believe x-rays cost like 85 bucks? My mom got a few x-rays done for 85 bucks a pop not that expensive if you ask me.... compared too "walking it out" and later on discovering you have to get more shit done. I haven't had any fractures that I know off but I believe I've had a couple close calls... did the area where you got hit get numb and tingle for a bit? That's usually a sign of a fracture. I think you've fractured something before so it shouldn't be strange too you.... either way man get it checked out if it sketches you out. I hit my elbow on my handlebar once and it hurt like a motherfucker I thought it "was fine" and it felt better everyday but I had a tiny little bump for a month and a half or so.... never checked it out though.

yeah true but if they don't see anything in an x-ray I should probably get more done, which I'll likely do anyway.

and it didn't go numb, but it definitely tingled for a bit.. That doesn't really mean it for sure broke though cause I've slammed the fuck out of other body parts and they go slightly numb/tingle, but are fine. just hurt for a few days.

It only sketches me out now that I read up on it, like before that I was like "eh probably not broken, it is getting better."

|

1/13/2014 10:47 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Get better.

I'd presume you fractured it , get it xrayed as mentioned to be safe. If it didn't bruise then it sounds like it might be a little compound fracture I think.

thanks, and that's what I'm afraid of. That means time off the bike, at least it's Winter though but still. Fuuuuuuuuuck

|

1/13/2014 11:06 PM

well I know we have had decent weather last 2 days but a good place to start would be not riding for a few days after an injury like that. even if it starts to feel better riding can reinjure you or make you worst then you were. prolly not broken but depending what you did landing. you could have torn a muscle. pimched a nerve damaged a ligiment there is a lot of tiny thongs especially on your elbow. hope you heal up soon.

|

1/13/2014 11:07 PM

I shatteree my right wrist once and kept riding for 6 hours before I realized it was broken. its not always as obvious as people say just keep that in mind

|

1/13/2014 11:24 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

85 fucking dollars.. Damn. Here it is free, that is why I will never live in America, they do healthcare for profit

|

Bang Bang bmx

1/13/2014 11:25 PM

SecretBMX wrote:

I shatteree my right wrist once and kept riding for 6 hours before I realized it was broken. its not always as obvious as people say just keep that in mind

Yeah true, I know how breaks feel though, even hairline fractures. I fractured my hand years ago & it was a tiny hairline fracture, hardly swollen, didn't look out of the normal though, but I couldn't move my hand or fingers at all without immense pain for days. I somehow KNEW it was broken though.

Just months ago though I destroyed my shin on a tailwhip, bruised the absolute fuck out of it, it swelled up a lot and I couldn't even touch it lightly with my fingers though. even having pants on over it hurt it for days and even up to a week or 2, but that wasn't broken. Somehow knew it WASN'T broken though.

In this case, I'm quite confused. I believe it isn't broken, but after reading up on stuff, I kinda believe it is. But I won't know until I get an x-ray.

|

1/13/2014 11:30 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

85 fucking dollars.. Damn. Here it is free, that is why I will never live in America, they do healthcare for profit

It's way more if you need more shit done too, friend of mine busted his lip open pretty bad before & they charged him around $1,600 just to glue it back shut after.

Another friend of mine needed 3 stitches. 3 fucking stitches and that alone cost an arm & a leg.

|

1/14/2014 12:18 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Hell, I was trying backwards manuals 2 weeks ago on Christmas break, fell right on my back super duper hard and also my right elbow. Felt like I had fractured it. Makes weird popping if you feel it, not like on my left elbow. And a few days later, I feel again and again and there's a bump that just doesn't go away, like a chronic swell. Still a teeny bit sensitive but it's definitely better. I fuckin hate backwards manuals. And I always die trying them out of endos, which I did in this case.... I fell back REALLY bad.

BETTER CALL SAUL!

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

1/14/2014 5:50 AM

Everything here is TL:DR, but i at least got the jist of your first post tongue

Move it around, in every way you can think of. Forwards, backwards, up, down, round, make circles, stretch in in different ways. If it doesn't hurt, or it doesn't hurt much, or kind of hurts but you can stand it, then it's fine. It is and will heal itself in a week or so. It would most likely be a bruised muscle or bone, maybe it temporarily dislocated and popped back in - My shoulder does it all the time, just during every day activities.

If there's any point in which you have to stop moving it in that certain way because it hurts so much, you'll have to get to the doctor because it's 'probably' either dislocated or fractured. There's no broken bones anywhere, otherwise you'd know.

|

1/18/2014 2:35 PM

Update...

Still wasn't feeling too great in the arm, feels 100% when I'm not doing anything but still hurts to do certain tricks. Can ride & do little stuff like tables, 180s, manual 180s, other things, without it hurting, but other tricks hurt still.

Anyway, it was a whole week so I got an xray about 30 minutes ago and thank FUCK nothing's broken, apparently my bone structure looks excellent too so yay for that! Seriously so happy nothing's broken. Was told it was a contusion and that I most likely bruised the bone, but nothing seriously at least.

|

1/18/2014 3:17 PM

Thats good man

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

1/19/2014 7:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2014 7:25 AM

Sounds like a separated shoulder to me.

Is your collar bone sticking up more than usual?

Where does the pain occur?

When I did my shoulder I thought my elbow exploded and that I broke my humerus, but I destroyer my shoulder and the pain radiated down my arm, causing it to feel lower. (nerves tongue )

I would take it easy, maybe not ride a couple days and see how it feels.

If it is still bugging you after a couple days rest, then look at going in.

EDIT: I see you already went in.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/19/2014 10:18 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Sounds like a separated shoulder to me.

Is your collar bone sticking up more than usual?

Where does the pain occur?

When I did my shoulder I thought my elbow exploded and that I broke my humerus, but I destroyer my shoulder and the pain radiated down my arm, causing it to feel lower. (nerves tongue )

I would take it easy, maybe not ride a couple days and see how it feels.

If it is still bugging you after a couple days rest, then look at going in.

EDIT: I see you already went in.

no pain anywhere besides in the middle of my humerus bone, but yeah haha thanks for the input anyway. I rested a week, rode very lightly the 1 or 2 days I rode & it felt fine but I still got it checked out just to be safe. Seriously such a relief hearing it wasn't broken, I've been using this heating pad thing for it too & it feels amazing now. Not quite 100% but getting there. Better safe than sorry though

|

1/19/2014 3:04 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

no pain anywhere besides in the middle of my humerus bone, but yeah haha thanks for the input anyway. I rested a week, rode very lightly the 1 or 2 days I rode & it felt fine but I still got it checked out just to be safe. Seriously such a relief hearing it wasn't broken, I've been using this heating pad thing for it too & it feels amazing now. Not quite 100% but getting there. Better safe than sorry though

Absolutely.

Always take it easy and rest up after an injury.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/19/2014 3:10 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

at least we dont have rob ford
lol

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5