odyssey bluebird chain

Related:
Create New Tag

7/11/2011 11:37 AM

Pros and cons?

Anyone here have it? input plz

|

BMX is the life and blood in my soul.

7/11/2011 11:40 AM

I snapped a plate in half pedaling. I'd go with KMC

|

7/11/2011 11:45 AM

Jeremy(Rides a Bike) wrote:

I snapped a plate in half pedaling. I'd go with KMC

yea, i snapped my KMC tho thtas y i wanted to try something new

|

BMX is the life and blood in my soul.

7/11/2011 11:52 AM

Its worth a shot, its only a chain.

|

7/11/2011 11:54 AM

very true

|

BMX is the life and blood in my soul.

7/11/2011 11:56 AM

shadow v2. my friends had his 4 years and its never snapped

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

7/11/2011 11:59 AM

Verde. wrote:

shadow v2. my friends had his 4 years and its never snapped

yea those r good chains, but im just looking for something cheap for now.

|

BMX is the life and blood in my soul.

7/11/2011 12:02 PM

halflink, there is one on dans for like $20

|

Refs: Stolen Boy

7/11/2011 12:36 PM

Pros: Super strong, won't stretch, no weird design, halflink attached.
Cons: None.

Just do the Bluebird, cause what it really is is a KMC 510 with one of their halflinks attached to it. And Shadow V2s stretch like a motherfucker. Not worth it, and yes, I've had one for a year before.

|

7/11/2011 12:42 PM

Jeremy(Rides a Bike) wrote:

I snapped a plate in half pedaling. I'd go with KMC

LOL the Bluebird is manufactured by KMC

Anyways, I have it and have had no problems with it. The only thing I would say is the black one looks cheap (I have the black one).

|

7/11/2011 12:59 PM

love mine, had no problems whatsoever.

|

Swoop it motherfuckas

7/11/2011 1:00 PM

i roll on walmart chains....

|

✞ ♕ ⓄⒻⓌⒼⓀⓉⒶ ♕ ✞
email: nctesio@gmail.com
EPIC bikecheck!
FOLLOW ME @nathanxflex
Imagine there's no heaven, It's easy if you try. No hell below us, Above us only sky - John Lennon
&party and bullshit
&party and bullshit
&party and bullshit

7/11/2011 1:03 PM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

LOL the Bluebird is manufactured by KMC

Anyways, I have it and have had no problems with it. The only thing I would say is the black one looks cheap (I have the black one).

That doesn't mean its going to have the same plate and shield widths as normal KMC chains, though.

|

7/11/2011 2:33 PM

my friend has it and he hasnt had any problems

|

7/11/2011 2:38 PM

Jeremy(Rides a Bike) wrote:

That doesn't mean its going to have the same plate and shield widths as normal KMC chains, though.

"For our Bluebird Chain, we took the proven and reliable KMC 510-HX chain and added a permanently attached, factory installed half-link to one end. When the chain is trimmed to size you can easily decide whether or not to use the half-link. Original factory assembled pin joints are radically stronger than workshop assembled ones, so this is a huge benefit."

In other words, it's a KMC 510-HX chain with an added half-link

|

7/11/2011 2:43 PM

I snapped my shadow in like 4 months.

Every chain will break.
I treated my shadow like shit.

just get a chain and ride it.

|

7/11/2011 2:46 PM

its beast dude i had for about 8 months but i stretched it sad

|

7/11/2011 2:50 PM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

"For our Bluebird Chain, we took the proven and reliable KMC 510-HX chain and added a permanently attached, factory installed half-link to one end. When the chain is trimmed to size you can easily decide whether or not to use the half-link. Original factory assembled pin joints are radically stronger than workshop assembled ones, so this is a huge benefit."

In other words, it's a KMC 510-HX chain with an added half-link

Ahh I see. Well I took the half link out because it made the chain a funky length, so maybe that did something.

|

7/11/2011 2:54 PM

mine has stretched as much as my khe halflink.

|

7/11/2011 2:55 PM

Jeremy(Rides a Bike) wrote:

That doesn't mean its going to have the same plate and shield widths as normal KMC chains, though.

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

"For our Bluebird Chain, we took the proven and reliable KMC 510-HX chain and added a permanently attached, factory installed half-link to one end. When the chain is trimmed to size you can easily decide whether or not to use the half-link. Original factory assembled pin joints are radically stronger than workshop assembled ones, so this is a huge benefit."

In other words, it's a KMC 510-HX chain with an added half-link

Jeremy(Rides a Bike) wrote:

Ahh I see. Well I took the half link out because it made the chain a funky length, so maybe that did something.

Did you use the masterlink? Or did you just shove another pin through the plate?

|

7/11/2011 3:05 PM

Kenealy wrote:

Did you use the masterlink? Or did you just shove another pin through the plate?

Masterlink.

|

7/11/2011 3:06 PM

Jeremy(Rides a Bike) wrote:

Ahh I see. Well I took the half link out because it made the chain a funky length, so maybe that did something.

Kenealy wrote:

Did you use the masterlink? Or did you just shove another pin through the plate?

Jeremy(Rides a Bike) wrote:

Masterlink.

Huh. Well, I guess no chain is perfect. Never heard of anyone snapping a 510 before.

|

7/11/2011 3:10 PM

Congratulations! you have made the 100th thread about the Odyssey Blubird Chain!


Click here to claim your prize!
|

7/11/2011 6:27 PM

Cult halflink is a little more expensive, but i heard its actually pretty good.

|

7/11/2011 8:52 PM

Dk Exo or shadow I run shadow

|