old dude getting into BMX again... somewhat.

Related:
Create New Tag

2/7/2010 10:39 PM

hey guys n gals, my name is Luis people call me pancake, im 26 and have decided to get a bmx agaiN! haha Last time i rode i was 18. So hopefully i dont break a bone or something. All i did is ride, but for some reason Dirt Bmx has called my attention alot.. haha. Hopefully im not to old to get started again. LOL i picked up a 01 haro revo that needs some parts.

|

2/7/2010 10:46 PM

welcome back man and welcome to the site.

i did the same thing in 08, i hadnt rode seriously for four years while i was in the Marines and the month i got out i got a shitty bike and got back into riding. best decision i ever made.

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

2/7/2010 11:08 PM

Welcome my brother. You are never too old to get back into BMX again. I had to take a little while off about the same time as you did when I went to go play college soccer, and now I am back into it, and also 26 years old, so you are among friends. Post some pictures of the bike when you get them, but how much are you looking to spend on parts? The reason I am asking is because you could find a good deal on a complete bike if you’re really looking to get into it. I would hate to see you buy $200.00 in parts for a 01 bike when you could find a 09 model or something for $350.00. But if you want to test the waters I understand.

|

Atlanta Made, ATL Paid
[LINK TO IMAGE]

2/7/2010 11:10 PM

BTW, I sent you a friend's request, let me know if you have any questions.

|

Atlanta Made, ATL Paid
[LINK TO IMAGE]

2/7/2010 11:12 PM

Dude thats fucking tight most people give up if they stopped ridin for more than two years or so and trails are fun as hell

|

2/8/2010 12:13 AM

your not alone man

i always had my old bike then found this really good bike for cheap in a local craigslist 6 weeks ago and have been building it up and lost over 10lbs since by riding every night

im turning 28 in a week , and feel so good about getting a new bike and got me motivated alot more again and starting this year in a good way

and trust me for years off and on i would get back on it ,and always watching web vids etc etc but a new bike gave me so much motivation ... but nothing feels like getting back into it again in something new and not thinking about my other older hobbies like cars,going out,etc etc

weird thing is its just weird going to a spot or park and all the riders are high school age and whatnot and they have the parts and technology for them and weight not like back then...also its more of a cliche nowadays than back then ...but who cares..and also spending your day off from work by riding ..which i havent done since high school

also you'll be dumbfounded on all the new parts ...dont get caught up spending so much money since its easier with work now at our age ...than it was in high school

good to hear and best of luck

|

2/8/2010 5:29 AM

Welcome to this website, and BMX. Just do your damn thing, and have fun doing it!

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!


And I ride for my niggas

2/8/2010 6:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 12:50 AM

JustRideBMX wrote:

Welcome to this website, and BMX. Just do your damn thing, and have fun doing it!

Seth its Do da damn thang! dumbass

Welcome to vital buddy! I LOVE YOU Smile

VITAL LOVES YOU UNTIL U MESS UP! Smile

WELCOME BACK TO BMX BTW!

KEEP ON SHREDDING!!!! (or trying to shred Tongue) JUST KIDDING MAH MAYNEEEEEEE

|

2/8/2010 6:33 AM

Oh yeah, dont fuck wit my niggas (errybody) or I will pick da world up and drop it on yo fukkin headddd!

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!


And I ride for my niggas

2/8/2010 6:43 AM

JustRideBMX wrote:

Oh yeah, dont fuck wit my niggas (errybody) or I will pick da world up and drop it on yo fukkin headddd!

seth only cares about me smile noone else

|

I am cheif seattle

2/8/2010 6:45 AM

Why do they call you pancake

|

☻/
/▌
/ \
___ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡π̲̲͡|̡̡̡____

This is Bob and his beautiful beach house, copy and paste him on your signature so he can obtain Vital domination!

2/8/2010 6:49 AM

wesleytramel wrote:

Seth its Do da damn thang! dumbass

Welcome to vital buddy! I LOVE YOU Smile

VITAL LOVES YOU UNTIL U MESS UP! Smile

WELCOME BACK TO BMX BTW!

KEEP ON SHREDDING!!!! (or trying to shred Tongue) JUST KIDDING MAH MAYNEEEEEEE

You = silly.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/8/2010 8:11 AM

BootyBoots wrote:

Welcome my brother. You are never too old to get back into BMX again. I had to take a little while off about the same time as you did when I went to go play college soccer, and now I am back into it, and also 26 years old, so you are among friends. Post some pictures of the bike when you get them, but how much are you looking to spend on parts? The reason I am asking is because you could find a good deal on a complete bike if you’re really looking to get into it. I would hate to see you buy $200.00 in parts for a 01 bike when you could find a 09 model or something for $350.00. But if you want to test the waters I understand.

^ yeah i was actually thinkin about that last night. I dont need that many parts to get it going right now, im headed to my local bike shop and get what i need. I think im going to use this bike just to get used to it again! But once i know im in to stay i may look into getting another bike maybe start off with a frame....


And thanks for the warm welcome guys! im so excited about getting back into BMX.

|

2/8/2010 8:13 AM

Zachy D wrote:

Why do they call you pancake

Well im into cars, imports to be exact. I own the honda on my avatar, and im on alot of honda forums. Thats my screename on most of them, i just wanted something simple and knew it wouldnt be taken, and i guess its catchy and people just started calling me by pancake,. even my sister and ex. LOL

|

2/8/2010 9:03 AM

Zachy D wrote:

Why do they call you pancake

pancake wrote:

Well im into cars, imports to be exact. I own the honda on my avatar, and im on alot of honda forums. Thats my screename on most of them, i just wanted something simple and knew it wouldnt be taken, and i guess its catchy and people just started calling me by pancake,. even my sister and ex. LOL

That is one nice car.

Are you into imports mostly or just cars in general? The Come Up BMX has an import car section if you are interested.

|

"Oh You Mad Cuz I'm Stylin On You?"

2/8/2010 9:36 AM

JustRideBMX wrote:

Welcome to this website, and BMX. Just do your damn thing, and have fun doing it!

wesleytramel wrote:

Seth its Do da damn thang! dumbass

Welcome to vital buddy! I LOVE YOU Smile

VITAL LOVES YOU UNTIL U MESS UP! Smile

WELCOME BACK TO BMX BTW!

KEEP ON SHREDDING!!!! (or trying to shred Tongue) JUST KIDDING MAH MAYNEEEEEEE

dave lawrence wrote:

You = silly.

I Know smile its great huh? smile

|

2/8/2010 9:37 AM

JustRideBMX wrote:

Oh yeah, dont fuck wit my niggas (errybody) or I will pick da world up and drop it on yo fukkin headddd!

JordanHB wrote:

seth only cares about me smile noone else

pshhh u wish Me and Seth r niggas!

|

2/8/2010 4:11 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

Oh yeah, dont fuck wit my niggas (errybody) or I will pick da world up and drop it on yo fukkin headddd!

JordanHB wrote:

seth only cares about me smile noone else

wesleytramel wrote:

pshhh u wish Me and Seth r niggas!

i love you

|

I am cheif seattle

2/8/2010 4:17 PM

whattya got in that little guy a b18c??b20a?

|

team fatcats fer life.

2/8/2010 9:23 PM

ferthebirdz wrote:

whattya got in that little guy a b18c??b20a?

^ semi built b20 vtec. smile Wiseco pistons 85 mm bore eagle rods, arp rod bolts, headbolts, blockguard, 5zigen girdle, spoon headgasket, Jdm type r head, 3 angle valve job, Jdm type R intake manifold /throttle body, Custom Intake velocity stack, Bisimoto header, and a JDM type R trans... smile

|

2/8/2010 9:25 PM

So i went for a ride today! OMG... it felt so weird! lol awkward actually. But it was fun!

|

2/8/2010 9:27 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

Welcome to this website, and BMX. Just do your damn thing, and have fun doing it!

wesleytramel wrote:

Seth its Do da damn thang! dumbass

Welcome to vital buddy! I LOVE YOU Smile

VITAL LOVES YOU UNTIL U MESS UP! Smile

WELCOME BACK TO BMX BTW!

KEEP ON SHREDDING!!!! (or trying to shred Tongue) JUST KIDDING MAH MAYNEEEEEEE

dave lawrence wrote:

You = silly.

hahahah he said silly. thats a silly word

|

2/8/2010 9:57 PM

right on dude, im fucking older than you so i know you can do it. im fucking 32!!!!! haha kids and work make it hard to ride liek im 18 but i like to ride trails on the weekends. i ride jsut around the streets after work in the week.

another god site is bmxmuseum, most everyone there is older, no offense to people on vital its jsut a different crowd so alot of people over there are older and getting back into it.

|

2/9/2010 7:45 AM

^ oh i see. thanks. wow 32. Well that makes me feel better. haha. Man yesterday that i rode i couldnt do shit. haha man it felt awkard haha

|

2/10/2010 7:08 PM

i feel you, i'm 37, just pickup a bike last spring, first time on a bmx in 15+ years. things have changed, guys riding now got balls, pulling big, crazy shit. i skated some this summer also, first time in 20 years.

we got a park in town so i was just hanging around and watching, but i had to get back in. feels good but i'm way more comfortable on the bike. as a teenager i always skate wooded ramps, half pipes so the flow stuff at the park was no big deal but i never rode much ramp on bmx, i'm loving it. it's also cool going to hit the street spots we rode as kids.. good times man

i picked up a clearanced mirra for cheap at a local shop. been dropping like $100- $200 every few months on parts to turn it into a custom, all that's left now is the frame and cranks. its cool though cause i'm putting all the shit i take off of it back together for my son.

ride on! enjoy

|

2/10/2010 7:44 PM

Hey man thats sick, Im 25 and got back into BMX last year and am having an awesome time! Keep shredding.

|

2/10/2010 7:56 PM

I like your civic, Im a supra fan, I wanna get an mk4 but thats too expensive. I wanna get a lexus gs 300 on it.

|

you can call me Paulo...
Flickr
*Vital's official Filipino!*

2/10/2010 7:56 PM

hyperformance wrote:

i feel you, i'm 37, just pickup a bike last spring, first time on a bmx in 15+ years. things have changed, guys riding now got balls, pulling big, crazy shit. i skated some this summer also, first time in 20 years.

we got a park in town so i was just hanging around and watching, but i had to get back in. feels good but i'm way more comfortable on the bike. as a teenager i always skate wooded ramps, half pipes so the flow stuff at the park was no big deal but i never rode much ramp on bmx, i'm loving it. it's also cool going to hit the street spots we rode as kids.. good times man

i picked up a clearanced mirra for cheap at a local shop. been dropping like $100- $200 every few months on parts to turn it into a custom, all that's left now is the frame and cranks. its cool though cause i'm putting all the shit i take off of it back together for my son.

ride on! enjoy

I like your raw car haha (profile pic)

|

R.I.P. COMPTON
E-mail:chrisschmall@yahoo.com
Refs:chadr, spikez5, umpgotti, brenden1207


First MOTM 12/2010

2/10/2010 8:02 PM

Welcome to Vital
You can never be too old, shit my dad's like 45 and used to be fucking sick at BMX ( He's a manager at a bike shop btw), and thanks to me he might might get back into it; he did a 180 on my bike coupla weeks ago. but since he's that old he can't really go all out. He used to be able to bunny hop a car too tongue

|

My Tierra v.3!
Facebook
TSC and Fly <3
RTC>CSB

2/11/2010 12:50 AM

You'll be fine, and you''ll be suprised how fast it all comes back. And being out of the sport for a bit, I imagine you are a bit refresed, and not to banged up. I was out for a bit and started riding again, and so glad I did. 31 to be exact, and can still bounce back from injuries pretty quick. When you get up there in age not only is it still fun to do, but it's good cardio if your a health nut. I miss alot of stuff from the past about bmx, but I find I get more joy out of riding then I did back then. I enoyed it back then, but being older there is less distractions, and limitations to face like when you a kid, and not to mention I get to ride with my kids. So keep it up and you'll be fine.

|