one question...

Related:
Create New Tag

11/2/2009 9:25 PM

im about 5,8 5,9 nd weight 165lbs.wut size tt i should get?i never chose my own frame so idk if i rode a 20.5 or 20.75 nd dnt really kno the differnce....can anyone hlp me out?

|

My nickname is Knife cause i get so much Cutty!!

11/2/2009 9:26 PM

youd probably like a 20.5

|

+1

11/2/2009 9:28 PM

to be honest i really do not know what difference .25 of an inch is gunna make by any frame you want that tiny little bit extra length aint gunna make any difference

|

"go high, touch the sky"

11/2/2009 9:30 PM

P dubb wrote:

youd probably like a 20.5

yea i was thinkin of jus buyin a 20.5 cause lik huss said its not really gunna make a diff.

|

My nickname is Knife cause i get so much Cutty!!

11/2/2009 9:31 PM

haha guess what my toptubbe is 20.6 what now

|

"go high, touch the sky"

11/2/2009 9:33 PM

Sounds like a good size to me! I'm between 5'7" 5'8", and I buy frames that are in the 20.5 to 20.9 range. Like huss said, you can't really feel a difference!

|

11/2/2009 9:35 PM

Your exactly my highet and weight. I've always riddin a 20.75 toptube.
20.50 and 20.75 arent too different, but if your picky enough, you notice the difference.
My local shop owner is selling his brand new S3.5 (20.50tt) and wants to rebuy a 20.75 one. He says the small shit feels weird.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

11/2/2009 9:39 PM

BMXism wrote:

Your exactly my highet and weight. I've always riddin a 20.75 toptube.
20.50 and 20.75 arent too different, but if your picky enough, you notice the difference.
My local shop owner is selling his brand new S3.5 (20.50tt) and wants to rebuy a 20.75 one. He says the small shit feels weird.

oh shit idk i might roll wit a 20.75 but idk i guess it really not a big deal

|

My nickname is Knife cause i get so much Cutty!!

11/2/2009 9:42 PM

Geometry is where you'll feel the difference.

|

11/2/2009 9:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/2/2009 9:44 PM

Put it this way; if there wasn't a very big difference in size, why don't they just make one size?? Like I said, if your picky you notice.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

11/2/2009 9:44 PM

the only time i feel a difference is when im going from 19" toptube to 20. something toptube not 20.whatever to 20. whatever

|

"go high, touch the sky"

11/2/2009 11:15 PM

if you get a frame that says its a 20.75, and the seat tube is at a 72angle. its actually 20.5.
you might want to keep that in mind.
btw, i say you should go with a 20.75 with a 71seat tube angle
or
21TT or 21.25 with a 72seat tube angle..

|

I ride to live!
For the street niggas livin with they lives on the line
For young guns comin up durin these times
For police who find drugs let niggas slide
For niggas out slingin like 4 in the night

11/3/2009 10:08 AM

huss wrote:

to be honest i really do not know what difference .25 of an inch is gunna make by any frame you want that tiny little bit extra length aint gunna make any difference

Read this.

Even just a degree or two difference can make the bike feel VERY different.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/3/2009 10:14 AM

huss wrote:

haha guess what my toptubbe is 20.6 what now

haha thats what mine is

|

In Order To Succed, Your Desire For Success Should Be Greater Then Your Fear Of Failure.
Refs: Tibug, Aw1234512, Jb07

11/3/2009 10:32 AM

Sticky:
The odyssey link above and the fbm link to custom bikes to show all the measurements.
Then somebody write a little piece on setting up your bike for what style of riding you do.
Picking frame geo isn't just about what size human you are, its what type of things you will be doing on the bike. What geometry was designed for what style of riding, etc.

Trails/Transition Park/Some race

Street/Tech Park/Some flat

|

11/3/2009 11:20 AM

-eagle- wrote:

Sticky:
The odyssey link above and the fbm link to custom bikes to show all the measurements.
Then somebody write a little piece on setting up your bike for what style of riding you do.
Picking frame geo isn't just about what size human you are, its what type of things you will be doing on the bike. What geometry was designed for what style of riding, etc.

Trails/Transition Park/Some race

Street/Tech Park/Some flat

THIS.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/3/2009 11:37 AM

20.75 is nice

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook