ongoing problem

Related:
Create New Tag

7/6/2010 2:15 PM

This might have been answered before but i dont know wat to call it so i couldnt search it out.

anyway is there a fix to ur chain going tight then loose???

or is it just sprocket defects

|

MY NAME IS NOLAN, NOT JIM
MOTW 06/28/10 - 07/04/10
Refs: spikez5, dallybiker45

7/6/2010 2:17 PM

replace your sprocket tighten it even

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

7/6/2010 2:18 PM

getskyhigh wrote:

replace your sprocket tighten it even

dont really have the money for new sprocket.

tighten wat even???

|

MY NAME IS NOLAN, NOT JIM
MOTW 06/28/10 - 07/04/10
Refs: spikez5, dallybiker45

7/6/2010 2:23 PM

It could be a bent spindle cuz mine is and my chain is tight and then loose when i turn my cranks.

|

RIDE THE BIKE FOOL!!!!!!!!

7/6/2010 2:23 PM

I have the same problem, Even after i replaced the sprocket, I think its my driver or still my sprocket, I don't care it doesnt bother me too much anymore.

|

you can call me Paulo...
Flickr
*Vital's official Filipino!*

7/6/2010 2:30 PM

1oldassbiker wrote:

It could be a bent spindle cuz mine is and my chain is tight and then loose when i turn my cranks.

thats wat i was thinking but it was on my old bike with a twisted spindle and this bike still does it. its like a year old but i dont think it is bent. i will go check

|

MY NAME IS NOLAN, NOT JIM
MOTW 06/28/10 - 07/04/10
Refs: spikez5, dallybiker45

7/6/2010 2:32 PM

kingshawty12 wrote:

I have the same problem, Even after i replaced the sprocket, I think its my driver or still my sprocket, I don't care it doesnt bother me too much anymore.

it stopped for a minute wen i got my nerw sprocket but within a half hour it was back. it stopped bothering me for a while but its bothering me againangry

|

MY NAME IS NOLAN, NOT JIM
MOTW 06/28/10 - 07/04/10
Refs: spikez5, dallybiker45

7/6/2010 2:32 PM

getskyhigh wrote:

replace your sprocket tighten it even

senorita jim wrote:

dont really have the money for new sprocket.

tighten wat even???

haha not buy a new one like replace it like take it off and tight the sprocket bolt even

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

7/6/2010 2:34 PM

1oldassbiker wrote:

It could be a bent spindle cuz mine is and my chain is tight and then loose when i turn my cranks.

senorita jim wrote:

thats wat i was thinking but it was on my old bike with a twisted spindle and this bike still does it. its like a year old but i dont think it is bent. i will go check

Mine's bent for sure at first I thought it was my sprocket but I took my spindle out and rolled it on my counter and it wobbles.Good luck but i'm sticking with bent spindle.That's my final answer.lol

|

RIDE THE BIKE FOOL!!!!!!!!

7/6/2010 2:35 PM

tight spot in chain?

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

7/6/2010 2:42 PM

1oldassbiker wrote:

It could be a bent spindle cuz mine is and my chain is tight and then loose when i turn my cranks.

senorita jim wrote:

thats wat i was thinking but it was on my old bike with a twisted spindle and this bike still does it. its like a year old but i dont think it is bent. i will go check

1oldassbiker wrote:

Mine's bent for sure at first I thought it was my sprocket but I took my spindle out and rolled it on my counter and it wobbles.Good luck but i'm sticking with bent spindle.That's my final answer.lol

haha alright dude thanks

|

MY NAME IS NOLAN, NOT JIM
MOTW 06/28/10 - 07/04/10
Refs: spikez5, dallybiker45

7/6/2010 2:42 PM

carjakester wrote:

tight spot in chain?

nope just checked

|

MY NAME IS NOLAN, NOT JIM
MOTW 06/28/10 - 07/04/10
Refs: spikez5, dallybiker45

7/6/2010 2:43 PM

getskyhigh wrote:

replace your sprocket tighten it even

senorita jim wrote:

dont really have the money for new sprocket.

tighten wat even???

getskyhigh wrote:

haha not buy a new one like replace it like take it off and tight the sprocket bolt even

oh haha

i dont have a sprocket bolt. i know its hella wierd

|

MY NAME IS NOLAN, NOT JIM
MOTW 06/28/10 - 07/04/10
Refs: spikez5, dallybiker45

7/6/2010 2:47 PM

senorita jim wrote:

dont really have the money for new sprocket.

tighten wat even???

getskyhigh wrote:

haha not buy a new one like replace it like take it off and tight the sprocket bolt even

senorita jim wrote:

oh haha

i dont have a sprocket bolt. i know its hella wierd

haha wtf spline sprocket?

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

7/6/2010 2:51 PM

check the alignment with the driver and sprocket. and make sure the sprocket isnt bent or your wheel isn't crooked. you might need a half link too.

|

I'm Tim.

7/6/2010 10:00 PM

getskyhigh wrote:

haha not buy a new one like replace it like take it off and tight the sprocket bolt even

senorita jim wrote:

oh haha

i dont have a sprocket bolt. i know its hella wierd

getskyhigh wrote:

haha wtf spline sprocket?

No it's like a piece that sticks out and goes in the drive hole in the sprocket. Hahaha
old stock fit cranks.

|

MY NAME IS NOLAN, NOT JIM
MOTW 06/28/10 - 07/04/10
Refs: spikez5, dallybiker45

7/6/2010 10:02 PM

Tim Dalton wrote:

check the alignment with the driver and sprocket. and make sure the sprocket isnt bent or your wheel isn't crooked. you might need a half link too.

Sprockets not bent got a half link chain.

Wat can I do if tha alignmets off??? It's all pretty maxed out to get it lined up. Is there anything I can do in the backwheel area???

|

MY NAME IS NOLAN, NOT JIM
MOTW 06/28/10 - 07/04/10
Refs: spikez5, dallybiker45

7/6/2010 10:03 PM

Tim Dalton wrote:

check the alignment with the driver and sprocket. and make sure the sprocket isnt bent or your wheel isn't crooked. you might need a half link too.

senorita jim wrote:

Sprockets not bent got a half link chain.

Wat can I do if tha alignmets off??? It's all pretty maxed out to get it lined up. Is there anything I can do in the backwheel area???

just pull it back make it kinda tight but let it jiggle a little. haha.
tehn make sure the wheel is straight and tighten that fucker down

chain tensioners help alot

|

I'm Tim.

7/6/2010 10:07 PM

Tim Dalton wrote:

check the alignment with the driver and sprocket. and make sure the sprocket isnt bent or your wheel isn't crooked. you might need a half link too.

senorita jim wrote:

Sprockets not bent got a half link chain.

Wat can I do if tha alignmets off??? It's all pretty maxed out to get it lined up. Is there anything I can do in the backwheel area???

Tim Dalton wrote:

just pull it back make it kinda tight but let it jiggle a little. haha.
tehn make sure the wheel is straight and tighten that fucker down

chain tensioners help alot

That makes no sense how it would help alignment. Hahahhahah

|

MY NAME IS NOLAN, NOT JIM
MOTW 06/28/10 - 07/04/10
Refs: spikez5, dallybiker45

7/6/2010 10:11 PM

senorita jim wrote:

Sprockets not bent got a half link chain.

Wat can I do if tha alignmets off??? It's all pretty maxed out to get it lined up. Is there anything I can do in the backwheel area???

Tim Dalton wrote:

just pull it back make it kinda tight but let it jiggle a little. haha.
tehn make sure the wheel is straight and tighten that fucker down

chain tensioners help alot

senorita jim wrote:

That makes no sense how it would help alignment. Hahahhahah

oh sorry i misunderstood what u said. just completely straighten your wheel in the dropout so that the driver is lined up with the sprocket. then tighten

lube your chain too

|

I'm Tim.

7/6/2010 10:24 PM

Tim Dalton wrote:

just pull it back make it kinda tight but let it jiggle a little. haha.
tehn make sure the wheel is straight and tighten that fucker down

chain tensioners help alot

senorita jim wrote:

That makes no sense how it would help alignment. Hahahhahah

Tim Dalton wrote:

oh sorry i misunderstood what u said. just completely straighten your wheel in the dropout so that the driver is lined up with the sprocket. then tighten

lube your chain too

Wait so pretty much just get my wheel straight???? Cuz I'm pretty sure it is.

|

MY NAME IS NOLAN, NOT JIM
MOTW 06/28/10 - 07/04/10
Refs: spikez5, dallybiker45

7/6/2010 10:27 PM

senorita jim wrote:

That makes no sense how it would help alignment. Hahahhahah

Tim Dalton wrote:

oh sorry i misunderstood what u said. just completely straighten your wheel in the dropout so that the driver is lined up with the sprocket. then tighten

lube your chain too

senorita jim wrote:

Wait so pretty much just get my wheel straight???? Cuz I'm pretty sure it is.

idk take it to a bike shop haha

|

I'm Tim.

7/6/2010 10:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/6/2010 10:33 PM

Tim Dalton wrote:

check the alignment with the driver and sprocket. and make sure the sprocket isnt bent or your wheel isn't crooked. you might need a half link too.

igsactly what i was gunna say

|

7/6/2010 10:47 PM

Tim Dalton wrote:

oh sorry i misunderstood what u said. just completely straighten your wheel in the dropout so that the driver is lined up with the sprocket. then tighten

lube your chain too

senorita jim wrote:

Wait so pretty much just get my wheel straight???? Cuz I'm pretty sure it is.

Tim Dalton wrote:

idk take it to a bike shop haha

hahah fuck i bet its my spindle. im gonna check it tomorow

|

MY NAME IS NOLAN, NOT JIM
MOTW 06/28/10 - 07/04/10
Refs: spikez5, dallybiker45

7/6/2010 10:54 PM

i have the same problem...i just pulled the wheel back and crank that shit down tll no tomorrow..+ i bought chain tensioners...

|

i ride a haro, 2 pegs, and big bars...gotta problem?
i spin left w/ right foot forward and pegs on the right sillysillysillywink

PSN: AxBlunt-_FOrc3xA or Marinesniper696

7/6/2010 10:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/6/2010 10:56 PM

i know what it is..its always gonna happen..it happens to me to and all my shit is correct..its just that when u start to pedals forward the chain tenses up and when u spin it around and stuff its loose cause u dont have weight pressure on it..just tighten ur back wheel as far as u can from the dropouts and tighten the bitch..it helps alot

|

DTA
Refs: Ridebmx456(3),irideafly(2), Mike E

7/6/2010 10:56 PM

not everything can be perfect on a bike... ive learned this.... mine does it,... it could be a tight spot in the chain

|

my name is dylan, i do what i do

7/6/2010 10:57 PM

0tk wrote:

i know what it is..its always gonna happen..it happens to me to and all my shit is correct..its just that when u start to pedals forward the chain tenses up and when u spin it around and stuff its loose cause u dont have weight pressure on it..just tighten ur back wheel as far as u can from the dropouts and tighten the bitch..it helps alot

http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/BMX-Stuff-For-Sale,17/OTK,1024112

|

40+ Reffs on my profile Hit it up
IM LEGIT I'VE BEEN HERE SINCE 08' NIGGA

I AM BACKAGAIN4thTIME...
I ♥ yaya2893

7/6/2010 11:05 PM

0tk wrote:

i know what it is..its always gonna happen..it happens to me to and all my shit is correct..its just that when u start to pedals forward the chain tenses up and when u spin it around and stuff its loose cause u dont have weight pressure on it..just tighten ur back wheel as far as u can from the dropouts and tighten the bitch..it helps alot

Hahaha alright dude. It's not too big of deal and the weight thing isn't it. It will do it wen the bike is upside down and I move the pedals around slowly. Idk. I will just deal with it.

|

MY NAME IS NOLAN, NOT JIM
MOTW 06/28/10 - 07/04/10
Refs: spikez5, dallybiker45

7/6/2010 11:06 PM

chink2 wrote:

not everything can be perfect on a bike... ive learned this.... mine does it,... it could be a tight spot in the chain

That's wat I'm starting to think

|

MY NAME IS NOLAN, NOT JIM
MOTW 06/28/10 - 07/04/10
Refs: spikez5, dallybiker45