pain 2

Related:
Create New Tag

2/28/2014 8:23 PM

so I did allot of riding today, allot of pumping, practicing tricks but also just normal riding, my knees are really sore and the lowest part of my left bicept like right above the pit of the elbow. I think it could have to do with allot of things, gear ratio, crank length, front end height. but i think the biggest factor is not enough cool down times, and being out of shape... Thoughts on this and suggestions to recover so I can ride again tomorrow and burn more weight to make other stuff easier?

(yes changing to a higher gear would work but i cant afford a new sprocket atm)

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

2/28/2014 8:25 PM

Swim, stretch, ice.

|

2/28/2014 8:27 PM

Wrap up the knees next time you ride, should be all good. I'm very familiar with the arm pain thing, it's the most annoying thing ever. Bigger bars solved that for me.

|

bikes destroy vlogs.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher, many more.

2/28/2014 8:28 PM

Being out of shape....after a winter of me not riding I get super sore after one session.....I find the best thing to do is ice up get mildly drunk after a good session to loosen up my muscles then the next day ride again and take a muscle relaxant or 2 and ride through the pain....after a couple weeks of that routine I'm good to go and from there on out I only get sore from crashing hard.....gotta get the muscles used to working again and regenerating

|

2/28/2014 8:32 PM

howlerfbm wrote:

Wrap up the knees next time you ride, should be all good. I'm very familiar with the arm pain thing, it's the most annoying ...more

wider or taller? my current bars are the stock bars on the dk cleveland, i'm 5-4 broad frame.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

2/28/2014 9:05 PM

When i started riding again after not riding for a few years, I started with bars that were 8" rise and 28" wide. Arms and back felt like garbage after every time I rode. I switched to bars that were 8.625" rise and 30" wide, changed everything for me. No more sore arms. Topload stem might be something to look into also. Keep in mind, every part/setup has different results for everyone. What's comfortable for one person might be a nightmare for someone else, so it's all about what's best for you.

|

bikes destroy vlogs.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher, many more.

2/28/2014 9:25 PM

well I hate topload stems they can be such a pain in the ass to adjust and take on and off... Look bad too Taller bars I think is in order Just measured my bars pretty sure their an 8inch rise... I'll have to look at some pro riders who are close to my height and figure out what size they use, I think Chase Hawk is pretty close. dont know. I do feel like im hunched over to far so i think the bar is gonna get changed unfortunately, my money is tied up till i can buy a car.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

2/28/2014 9:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/28/2014 9:46 PM

After a good session my forearms and deltoids get sore, I usually take 2 to 3 days off, I wish I was young again lol, you work at the walmart in Manassas? I use to work at the Jiffy Lube in Manassas a few years ago lol

|

2/28/2014 10:15 PM

I think you just need to ride more.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

2/28/2014 11:11 PM

I dont know why, but my foot hurts when i do lots of manuals.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/1/2014 12:04 AM

Stretch it, relax it, and eat protein

|

3/1/2014 2:20 AM

Drink milk after riding. Its really good for muscle recovery

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

3/1/2014 7:12 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

Drink milk after riding. Its really good for muscle recovery

YES! MILK HEALS EVERYTHING!

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

3/1/2014 7:23 AM

Have you been to the Manassas skate/ bmx park this year..

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

3/1/2014 7:24 AM

My feet are always in muscular pain!! Only my front foot when i ride. haha there is more than one reason too. haha i normally wear a couple more socks than most people lol

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

3/1/2014 8:26 AM

Brian_Griffin wrote:

not yet i'd like to soon though

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

3/1/2014 8:40 AM

Brian_Griffin wrote:

Do you know about that spot in manassas where van homan took his crew on the 2x4 trip on that one props issue?

|

3/1/2014 8:43 AM

I might know somebody who does, CJ Davis, if anybody knows him.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop