painting

Related:
Create New Tag

1/9/2009 2:49 AM

any one know anything about paint anodized shit?

|

1/9/2009 3:33 AM

do u mean painting over anodized parts?

|

1/9/2009 4:06 PM

yes painting over it.

|

1/9/2009 4:15 PM

what r u trying to paint? and y would u want to paint anodized parts anyways?

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

1/9/2009 4:19 PM

probrably should have bought the color you wanted...lol just kidding i change my mind alot too

|

1/9/2009 4:57 PM

sand it first and it will be fine

|

LIVE HARD, RIDE HARD, DIE HARD

no brakes 4 pegs... streets all day

1/9/2009 4:57 PM

|

1/9/2009 5:22 PM

actually it would robably be good to go town to bare metal(dont scrape away at metal tho or it will make parts weaker) and prime a light coat, 2 coor coats, then 2 clear coats that is if its a frame.....if it smething like a small part then just one coat at least(or until its covered well

|

1/9/2009 5:22 PM

actually it would robably be good to go town to bare metal(dont scrape away at metal tho or it will make parts weaker) and prime a light coat, 2 coor coats, then 2 clear coats that is if its a frame.....if it smething like a small part then just one coat at least(or until its covered well

|

1/9/2009 7:55 PM

Really stupid question!!! Why would a frame be anodized.Haha. But thats prolly good advice!!

|

"I am just hoping that you are joking and if ur not then you should make like an ostrich and stick your head in the dirt!"

1/9/2009 8:58 PM

th3skyizthalimit wrote:

because its anodized its most likely aluminium and if you spray paint aluminium the paint doesnt last long. If it gets scratched it will start to come off hella easy because spray paint doesnt stick to aluminium propaly.

|

1/9/2009 9:11 PM

i got my frame and bars powder coated at the local paint shop for $75 dollars and thats for any color u want and it holds up better than the original paint!!!

|

1/9/2009 10:53 PM

th3skyizthalimit wrote:

whitey wrote:

because its anodized its most likely aluminium and if you spray paint aluminium the paint doesnt last long. If it gets scratched it will start to come off hella easy because spray paint doesnt stick to aluminium propaly.

well if u sand it it gets rough and if you do it right it doesnt matter it will last fine and come out good i paint shit all the time for alota people including my own parts ive done all diff kinds a metals and never had a problem with anything it matter more about the quality and type of paint then anything

|

1/9/2009 10:53 PM

th3skyizthalimit wrote:

whitey wrote:

well if u sand it it gets rough and if you do it right it doesnt matter it will last fine and come out good i paint shit all the time for alota people including my own parts ive done all diff kinds a metals and never had a problem with anything it matter more about the quality and type of paint then anything

|

1/10/2009 5:03 AM

th3skyizthalimit wrote:

tru if u use car paint it will never come off

|