painting a chain

Related:
Create New Tag

6/9/2009 2:24 PM

i hav a lime green shadow chain n i wanna go all black shud i paint it flat? or try n take the paint off?

|

my grandma wears animal panties!!!

6/9/2009 2:25 PM

fail

|

6/9/2009 2:29 PM

uhh if you paint it, its just going to peel off and get stuck in your driver
buy a new chain?

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

6/9/2009 2:31 PM

Ur better of buying a new chain. The only way paint would stay on there is if it was powder coated. I cant see paint staying on the links for too long considering that they constanly move and slide against each other going around the gearing, plus i dont think it would hold up with it being greased.

|

If you wanna know about the TRUTH of the country and world we live in, watch these videos.
9/11 Press for Truth by Families of the Victims
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/
The Obama Deception
EndGame - Blueprint for Global Enslavement

6/9/2009 2:37 PM

When shadow powder coats their chains do they do it while the chain is put together? or each different part then assemble it? Do they even powder coat it or what?
lol idk im just wondering my friends were talkin about this yesterday.

|

6/9/2009 3:31 PM

the paint wud just come off in to the driver

|

6/9/2009 3:33 PM

Just buy a new chain.

|

6/9/2009 3:35 PM

my friend painted his chain. you have to clean it really well and it will stay on except for whne you hit it. but the rubbing form constant movement doesnt usually rub the paint off

|

6/9/2009 4:37 PM

It's fine to paint a chain. Just make sure you get ALL the grease off first. I just painted mine and it looks awesome. I started by hosing it down with WD40 to loosen everything up, then I wire brushed it, then sprayed it with carb cleaner. After it was looking pretty clean, there were still cruddies on it here and there, so I brushed it more, and eventually took it into the kitchen sink when the lady of the house wasn't watching. Lots of Dawn later, it was clean enough to paint. Prime it if you want the paint to stick, do acouple of coats to make sure you get everything. Then lay down the paint and it'll look great.

Disclaimer: It is a chain, so certain parts of it are going to wear the paint off real fast, but the plates should stay looking good.

|

Yes, I really live in Wyoming.