painting frame and fork

Related:
Create New Tag

1/5/2014 6:50 PM

im gonna be painting my frame and fork. how would my frame look if i just painted over the original paint without sanding?

|

1/5/2014 6:57 PM

not that great, everywhere there's big scratches in the paint, you'll see through the new paint.

if you want it to look good you really should raw the parts first

|

1/5/2014 6:59 PM

it'll look stolen

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

1/5/2014 7:01 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

not that great, everywhere there's big scratches in the paint, you'll see through the new paint.

if you want it to look good you really should raw the parts first

im not caring too much on making it look beautiful cuz its just gonna get beaten up again, i just want my bike to be black

|

1/5/2014 7:08 PM

black should be fine then, it won't be as noticeable as say white but yeah. Below is a frame I painted without rawing and you can see noticeable scratches

Photo

You should at least lightly sand it before painting it so the paint sticks better

|

1/5/2014 7:27 PM

Just sand it, mine turned out like this by just sandingPhoto

|

1/5/2014 7:31 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

black should be fine then, it won't be as noticeable as say white but yeah. Below is a frame I painted without rawing and you can see noticeable scratches

Photo

You should at least lightly sand it before painting it so the paint sticks better

Im lazy and that doesnt look all that bad,

|

1/5/2014 7:33 PM

Yeah, you should probably atleast sand and clear coat it, it can make a very big difference.

|

1/5/2014 7:35 PM

Then why make the thread if you were just gonna do it anyway?

|

1/5/2014 8:59 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Then why make the thread if you were just gonna do it anyway?

Wanted to see what it would look like first

|

1/5/2014 9:01 PM

itll be fine. just get a black paint and go for it, like you said itll just get scraped up

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

1/11/2014 2:46 PM

Photo

Didnt sand it at all and it looks great
|