painting help?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/27/2013 9:22 PM

okay well I'm not exactly wanting to change the color on my bike... All I want to do is make some stencils of the old 1979 dk logo, and spray those on in white, and then spray a gloss over my bike to make it all shiny and yeah

But my question is this. My bike which has a matte finish at the moment isnt very smooth, and its matte. so does that mean I'll have to sand the frame down, prime, sand, paint white in stencil areas, add more white, cover up white (with stencil) and then spray black (about 5 times) than spray gloss like 3 times? I was planning to use Rustoleum paints... My frame, bars, and forks are 4130 chromoly if that makes any difference

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

12/27/2013 9:58 PM

I dont know if i was doing it I'd just paint the stencil on with a few layers then clearcoat it a few times

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

12/27/2013 10:19 PM

Nope, just sand enough or a tiny bit just to rough up the frame for the paint to stick better and you're good to go. Just remember to cover any parts that aren't supposed to be painted into or over or whatever. And use a lot of clear coat and BE PATIENT! That is one of the most important steps in painting and should be common sense!

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

12/27/2013 10:41 PM

Um.. I'd say sand just the slightest big with like 250 grit or 300 and then draw and clear I guess

|

Bang Bang bmx