painting over chrome

Related:
Create New Tag

6/30/2013 2:49 PM

Could anyone tell me if painting chrome bars is possible and what is the most convenient way to do so? Thanks

|

6/30/2013 2:57 PM

I wouldn't bother.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

6/30/2013 3:13 PM

I wouldn't do it, the paint doesn't really stick all that well to the chrome and will chip of really easy

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

6/30/2013 3:40 PM

I was actually pretty impressed my about my friends 7KA that was originally chrome and he spray painted, after 2 years thething looks pretty much brand new a part of a few imperfections (same imperfections of my factory painted GSports, just wear).
I still wouldn't do it on bars.
Because you're more likely to bash em and scratch em making the paint chip off.
If you really have to do this you should scratch the surface with some fine grit sandpaper.

Still I would avoid.
Just trade them or something.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

6/30/2013 8:22 PM

Painting over chrome... this is what it sounds like when doves cry

|

fack off

6/30/2013 8:27 PM

look up duplicast, apparently it gives chrome a colored tint

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

7/1/2013 7:43 AM

sounds like your gona have a bad time

|

7/1/2013 7:52 AM

Why not just trade one of your friends or save and buy some. Chrome can be painted over, but it can be laborious to do properly.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.