park essentials?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/7/2014 3:31 PM

I just started riding recently, and since there's really nowhere around where i live to ride street, im wanting to start riding park. Anything i need to know?

|

4/7/2014 3:36 PM

Follow these. Learn to transfer. Meaning jumping from ramp to ramp. Park is flowy, so fast is good usually, and I'd use brakes for at least 3 months before going brakeless. Then if you want to go brakeless you can. By now you've learned the lines at the park and might not need em. I ride brakes though. I can go faster in my lines and slow down for smaller jumps ahead. That's my two cents.
|

4/7/2014 3:38 PM

First rule of park club is never talk about park club

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

4/7/2014 3:39 PM

Don't get in peoples way, & if you do, say sorry.
Don't stand in front of ledges or sit on them, same goes with quarters.
Don't follow directly behind people, you don't know what they're going to do.
Don't snake people, if someone looks like they're getting ready to drop in/take a run at something, ask them first if they're going.

Do stay alert & make sure you're not in peoples way
Do ride and have fun
Do be kind to others, as you go there more you'll figure out who the locals are & be sure to respect them

and I'm sure lots of other things.

|

4/7/2014 4:09 PM

Just take your time, be smooth, courteous, think 2 moves ahead so you dont end up taking a scooter to the nuts and have fun

|

4/7/2014 4:22 PM

Wear a good helmet

|

4/7/2014 6:01 PM

where do you live where there is no streets...

|

"Of course theyre compatible theyre cranks"

4/7/2014 6:18 PM

mitchovich wrote:

I live in suburban hell. It's not that there isn't any streets, it's that there's nothing BUT streets. Flat concrete and trees is all i got outside of skate parks

|

4/7/2014 6:23 PM

mitchovich wrote:

Myke428 wrote:

I live in suburban hell. It's not that there isn't any streets, it's that there's nothing BUT streets. Flat concrete and trees ...more

I used to think i didn't have any street spots, i realized that i just wasn't searching hard enough/i was expecting perfect spots like in big name edits. Search behind stores and at schools for things to ride. I know you must have a bunch of those around, i live in suburbia too.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

4/7/2014 6:27 PM

mitchovich wrote:

Myke428 wrote:

I live in suburban hell. It's not that there isn't any streets, it's that there's nothing BUT streets. Flat concrete and trees ...more

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I used to think i didn't have any street spots, i realized that i just wasn't searching hard enough/i was expecting perfect ...more

But im not in urban suburbia. Im basically that area between suburbia and rural backwoods, so unless i go grind some old lady's windowsill planter, im pretty much stuck

|

4/7/2014 6:37 PM

You wouldn't believe what you can find.

|

4/7/2014 6:45 PM

I live in rural buttfuck nowhere. If you can't find any spots (which I guarantee you will if you look hard enough) then make a bunch of DIY shit to ride

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

4/7/2014 7:13 PM

Myke428 wrote:

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I used to think i didn't have any street spots, i realized that i just wasn't searching hard enough/i was expecting perfect ...more

Myke428 wrote:

But im not in urban suburbia. Im basically that area between suburbia and rural backwoods, so unless i go grind some old ...more

Build trails

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

4/7/2014 7:22 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

I live in rural buttfuck nowhere. If you can't find any spots (which I guarantee you will if you look hard enough) then make a ...more

This, get building son.

Grind boxes and flat rails all day!

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/7/2014 10:26 PM

I like riding curbs

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/7/2014 10:29 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I like riding curbs

Are you a skater now?

|

4/8/2014 12:22 AM

Definitely wear a helmet.

|

4/8/2014 7:10 AM

mitchovich wrote:

Myke428 wrote:

Welcome to my world man.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/8/2014 7:14 AM

Can't beat a chilled curb / mani pad sesh

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/8/2014 7:25 AM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Can't beat a chilled curb / mani pad sesh

Mani pad?

|

4/8/2014 8:30 AM

I lived in a town of 15000 people with nothing but farms and found a bunch of spots.

Now I am in a quiet residential neighborhood and there are spots within a mile.

But go ride park too. You do not need to ride ONLY ONE THING.

I ride whatever sounds fun, be it trails, street, park, vert, a curb, flatland, whatever. Do it all, you will be a better rider for it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/8/2014 8:33 AM

Backpack of tools and beer

|

4/8/2014 4:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/8/2014 4:08 PM

biggybuggy wrote: Follow these. Learn to transfer. Meaning jumping from ramp to ramp. Park is flowy, so fast is good usually, and I'd use brakes ...more

Good thing my new bike has brakes

|

4/8/2014 4:09 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I'm 16...

|

4/8/2014 4:25 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Myke428 wrote:

I'm 16...

"Root beer", or "fancy soda".

|

4/8/2014 4:47 PM

Metal water bottles are a good thing

|

4/8/2014 4:56 PM

I used to live in kenelworth Qld Australia
Now thats a place where there arent many spots, but i started looking on google maps and noticed alot of concrete roofs, so i started riding roofs and thats it

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

4/8/2014 5:22 PM

jamiespadina wrote:

I used to live in kenelworth Qld Australia
Now thats a place where there arent many spots, but i started looking on google ...more

You also had/have a pretty nice backyard setup of ramps right?

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

4/8/2014 7:18 PM

dont snaaaaaaaaaake

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

4/8/2014 8:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/8/2014 8:31 PM

Rubbers to ward off the ramp tramp herp

|