park tool chain breaker ct-7

Related:
Create New Tag

12/19/2011 7:53 PM

will the park tooll chain breaker ct-7 work on any chain? like the shadow interlock chain? i heard the shadow chains are really stiff

|

12/19/2011 8:03 PM

yeah, thats the best park tool chain-breaker but i think its a little overpriced,

you can get the veinbmx chain-breaker for much cheaper

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

12/19/2011 8:04 PM

is it still as strong?

|

12/19/2011 8:05 PM

Dylan_Hwang wrote:

is it still as strong?

yep, it fits shadow chains too.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

12/19/2011 8:08 PM

oh and is the chainbreaker in the animal kotulak multi took strong?

|

4/6/2017 3:44 PM

I just yesterday used the chain breaker from the shadow conspiracy multitool and it broke first try on my shadow half link chain. I'm ordering a park tool ct-7. I'll let you know how it works. My opinion so far is that the shadow chain is no stiffer than a regular chain to work on but the shadow chain breaker just sucked.

|

4/6/2017 4:00 PM

Evelardo Gastelum wrote:

I just yesterday used the chain breaker from the shadow conspiracy multitool and it broke first try on my shadow half link chain. I'm ordering a park tool ct-7. I'll let you know how it works. My opinion so far is that the shadow chain is no stiffer than a regular chain to work on but the shadow chain breaker just sucked.

The Interlock Supreme is a lot harder to break than any other chain I've ever had. If your pin is even a tiny bit bent or the chain isn't straight in the tool, it's going to snap. The only reason pins break/bend is that they're not pushing straight.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/6/2017 4:57 PM

Evelardo Gastelum wrote:

I honestly don't think OP cares if it works... this thread is from 2011.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

4/6/2017 5:05 PM

Evelardo Gastelum wrote:

Does the breaker with the multi-tool come with/use the guide pin like the standalone Interlock breaker? Seems like it would (read: should), being a Shadow tool and all. Said guide pin really helps with the alignment of everything. I personally wouldn't try to use the breaker without it. Shrug. YMMV.

|

4/6/2017 5:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/6/2017 5:33 PM

|

4/6/2017 5:31 PM

GMGuinn wrote:

Does the breaker with the multi-tool come with/use the guide pin like the standalone Interlock breaker? Seems like it would (read: should), being a Shadow tool and all. Said guide pin really helps with the alignment of everything. I personally wouldn't try to use the breaker without it. Shrug. YMMV.

The guide pin isn't the part that broke. It's the little cradle that holds your chain in place that snapped. It worked long enough for me to get my chain going again but cracked and bent quickly during use. The pin was straight.

|

4/6/2017 5:33 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

I honestly don't think OP cares if it works... this thread is from 2011.

Haha you're right i just noticed the date.

|