pedal stuck on crank arm like u have never seen..

Related:
Create New Tag

11/28/2013 9:16 AM

So basicly broke my pedal doing nose manuals a couple of months ,try to get it of but it wouldnt come off,so i went to a bike shopand they used a 1m50 extension and still couldnt get it off,so afterwords i just changed the plastic and the bearings of the pedal and it took me ages putting every ballbearing in by hand^^ now my pedal has broke again and i just want to get the damn axle off. I have put wd40 on it and i have had a ton off mates try nobody can get the damn thing off ,i know im turning it the good way,has any one got any other techniques that will work ,cos i have no money so i dont really have a choice

|

11/28/2013 9:34 AM

Same shit happened with me, my crank with my pedal is now in a forgery xDD. My cranks are remplaced so they will cut them probably and take the pedal off.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

11/28/2013 10:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/28/2013 10:07 AM

heat it up or use pb blaster. Also try using a stupid long cheater bar

|

11/28/2013 10:10 AM

Heat + automobile mechanic = Win

|

11/28/2013 10:18 AM

heat = fucked cranks. DONT USE HEAT IF YOU WANT TO CARRY ON USING THE CRANKS. You WILL fuck up the heat treatment if they are heat treated, and if theyre still on your bike, this could also happen to the frame. That being said, ive not got any good ideas, last time this happened to me, i SNAPPED the spanner. (Well, 2 of us on it at once). I never did get my pedals off my old cranks, or the bb bearing on one side... or the spacer... i just got new pedals for my new cranks. next time grease the threads before you put them on.

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

11/28/2013 10:49 AM

And that's why you put grease ...

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

11/28/2013 10:56 AM

cross thread mathafaka

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

11/28/2013 11:16 AM

24 hour, submerged, soak in liquid wrench.

Heat won't generically fuck the cranks, BTW... depends on who is at the helm of the heating medium. We welded a spare box end to the pedal spindle, two birds... heat without direct application to crank arm & eliminated stripping wrenches/spindle. Slipped a 3ft cheater over box end handle and it came off fine.

|

United0Cult0

11/28/2013 12:17 PM

EddiMundo wrote:

heat = fucked cranks. DONT USE HEAT IF YOU WANT TO CARRY ON USING THE CRANKS. You WILL fuck up the heat treatment if they are heat treated, and if theyre still on your bike, this could also happen to the frame. That being said, ive not got any good ideas, last time this happened to me, i SNAPPED the spanner. (Well, 2 of us on it at once). I never did get my pedals off my old cranks, or the bb bearing on one side... or the spacer... i just got new pedals for my new cranks. next time grease the threads before you put them on.

This. Never add heat to any of your parts. It tempers with the properties of the metal and could make it very brittle, to the point where it could crumble apart.

I would use a drill close to the diameter of the pedal (9/16) and drill out the pedal axle to where its VERY thin and hollow, then whack the axle off with a hammer, and the part thats stuck in the crank should crumble apart. Clean it out (metal shavings) and grease the threads on your new pedals.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/28/2013 12:30 PM

But be very careful. Make sure its SUPER thin (1mm-). Waller it out, do whatever. And before you whack it with a hammer, soak it in WD40 overnight and try loosening it again. Since its so thin, the threads might twist apart and crumble. If that doesn't work, THEN hit it with the hammer. Be cautious. Im afraid of the axle breaking off in the crank or destroying the threads. But thats a last resort type deal. If you cant use the cranks either way, might aswell try your luck. It could work.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx