pedal won't go onto cranks??

Related:
Create New Tag

12/25/2013 3:20 PM

merry christmas!
i was tryna pop my new pedals onto my cranks. left one went on no problem, but my right pedal just couldn't go on. I know it's not the pedal's problem since all my old pedals were also sorta hard to spin on. however, my old pedals eventually spun onto the cranks with a little force.
but...this new pedal kept getting crooked while i tried to fasten it to the cranks. eventually i just forced it on, but it's a bit crooked. i'm pretty sure the crank threads are broken.

what might the problem be here? should i just leave it?

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

12/25/2013 4:49 PM

You just answered your own question.

|

It’s all bmx

12/25/2013 5:01 PM

ya pedal threads are probably fucked yaaap

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

12/27/2013 6:43 PM

go to a shop and have em rethread your cranks where the pedals go, had the same prob

|

12/27/2013 6:45 PM

crossthread!

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/27/2013 9:23 PM

well you probaly fucked your cranks now

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/27/2013 9:48 PM

Happened to me. So I bought new cranks. They wanted to charge me $30 bucks to do it. Do I just bought dome loe end cranks.

|

12/28/2013 9:34 AM

You probably fucked your cranks and pedals. Next time though just thread the pedals in by hand before you go in with a wrench

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

12/28/2013 2:19 PM

I had the same problem earlier this week. You put the wrong pedal into the wrong crank. You put the Right pedal into the Left crank and the Left pedal into the RIght crank. Try taking them out and greasing them and putting the pedals in the right way.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/28/2013 3:33 PM

Yeah I had the same problem last year when I was still a newbie. lol. You crossthread your crank thread and pedal threrad. You fucked up bud. I rode my bike with it for a while but it eventually came loose and wouldn't thread back on. Then I got new cranks and new pedals and made sure I did it the right way!

|

12/28/2013 8:18 PM

Check the internal threading on the cranks, left, and right, then check the threading on both pedals, a very small file can help repair threading on male threads.... somewhat.... make sure you've got a shit ton of grease on the pedals, and just start it by hand. you'll be amazed how much of a difference grease makes when trying to start pedals...

-source: I build anywhere from 8-15 bikes daily, mountain, cruiser, bmx, hybrids, roads, race-

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop