peg/droupout problem

Related:
Create New Tag

11/20/2013 11:29 AM

hey guys I've had the shadow little ones pegs and their diameter is smaller which in turn shows more dropout I've bent the dropout on 2 other frames using these pegs any tips for guarding the dropout a bit more
cheers guys all help appreciated

|

11/20/2013 11:45 AM

get different pegs? if youre bending dropouts, pegs are only like 10 bucks, so compare that to the cost of a frame or the shittyness of having bent dropouts

|

11/20/2013 11:49 AM

yeah I need a set with a bigger diameter would you know of any I think the shadows are 34mm

|

11/20/2013 11:59 AM

Grind on only the pegs, get plastic sleeves for the pegs?

Get bigger pegs?

Pull the wheel further back in the dropouts?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/20/2013 12:02 PM

If you are hitting your dropouts and bending them you have weak dropouts or are slamming down into your grinds. Try softening your landings into them? Maybe don't hop a foot higher than the ledge you are aiming for?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/20/2013 12:05 PM

More info would help. Pics and what frames will help a lot

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/20/2013 12:14 PM

its subrosa noster as the dropouts on it are big it does stick out abit it alright for now and I have just ordered the plastic sleeves but just wondering if any one else had this problem

|

11/20/2013 12:28 PM

I would think a subrosa frame would almost be made for the little ones (subrosa and shadow are like sister companies). Plus I think majority of heavy peg riders use little ones and have no problems. I run them w/o sleeves and have no problems. Plus I'm fairly sure majority of pegs have the same diameter or only 2mm wider so its not that. Its either product or user error.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/20/2013 12:34 PM

probably just Irelands lack of smooth objects to grind on lol hopefully these plastic covers help cheers anyways guys

|

11/20/2013 12:58 PM

jordan123bmx wrote:

probably just Irelands lack of smooth objects to grind on lol hopefully these plastic covers help cheers anyways guys

Smooth or not that won't bend a dropout unless you slam down on them.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/20/2013 4:02 PM

jordan123bmx wrote:

yeah I need a set with a bigger diameter would you know of any I think the shadows are 34mm

Most plastic sleeves or plastic pegs have a diameter bigger than 38mm.

38mm pegs that i know are LinoG, Animal MK3, Gsport Van pegs, odyssey jpeg lighter

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)