pegs for freestyle?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/26/2018 1:47 AM

what are the best pegs for street riding?

|

2/26/2018 2:26 AM

Blakwiddow wrote:

what are the best pegs for street riding?

Any steel peg will be fine. Plastic sleeved pegs will generally slide better but they will wear down pretty quickly.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/26/2018 6:22 AM

Get some aluminum sleeved plastic core pegs.

You get the best of both worlds!

The strength of plastic to take heavy impacts and aluminums ability to glide on any surface without wax and last forever!

Lol

Buy odyssey mpegs, I dont see any reason to buy more expensive pegs unless you are looking for different lengths.

|

2/26/2018 6:34 AM

are the salt am steel pegs any good?

|

2/26/2018 6:46 AM

Blakwiddow wrote:

You really don't need to worry so much about "quality" of a peg. You are going to have 3 options.... Chromoly (or mild steel), Aluminum, or a plastic sleeve type. As long as you are buying a name brand, they are all going to be similar in performance for their respective materials. If you are just starting out, get a front and rear name brand in chromoly & you'll be fine.

|

2/26/2018 6:51 AM

okay all the 4 pegs the same size or in the front smaller ones then in the back

|

2/26/2018 7:25 AM

Blakwiddow wrote:

okay all the 4 pegs the same size or in the front smaller ones then in the back

All pegs are the same size when you buy a set, unless otherwise marked.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

2/26/2018 7:50 AM

Blakwiddow wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

You really don't need to worry so much about "quality" of a peg. You are going to have 3 options.... Chromoly (or mild steel), ...more

4 options. Plastic comes with either Aluminum or Chromoly cores. Let me tell ya (from experience,) that they Aluminum cores in those things don't last worth a shit to daily grinding.

Me & two of my friends had to cut our Primo Binary v2 pegs off because the core would dent in or the edges would flair out so bad that we could no longer fit a socket down in there to take them off.

I've been on BSD Rude Tubes since then, with Chromoly cores, and haven't had a single issue of the sort.

@OP I'd say if you're learning to grind & have the money to spend, get some plastics. I find they're good for learning since you can go fairly slow at whatever you're grinding & still get a good slide. They're also nice for skateparks, since skaters tend to throw a temper tantrum if you wax something up enough to ride it with metal pegs (at least around here, if they see a BMXer waxing something, they instantly throw a tantrum.)

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/26/2018 7:55 AM

i want steel pegs for my wtp trust fc but it only says 14mm rear and with the front it says nothing

|

2/26/2018 7:57 AM

Blakwiddow wrote:

i want steel pegs for my wtp trust fc but it only says 14mm rear and with the front it says nothing

Your front is 3/8"

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/26/2018 8:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/26/2018 8:20 AM

Blakwiddow wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

You really don't need to worry so much about "quality" of a peg. You are going to have 3 options.... Chromoly (or mild steel), ...more

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

4 options. Plastic comes with either Aluminum or Chromoly cores. Let me tell ya (from experience,) that they Aluminum cores in ...more

Yeah rude tubes are awesome, they slide better than some other plastics, even with the steel core I had to cut one of mine like you did (but that's because I chink them way too much not product default).
Steel core make feel confident, I ride lots of rough stuff and when I got holes in the sleeve, it still slides well, not like alloy that stick like hell.

|

2/26/2018 11:14 AM

get these! [LINK TO IMAGE]

|

It’s all bmx