pegs side?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/28/2017 7:12 AM

im a little new to bmx but i was wondering if i shoupd put my pegs on left right front back or all....i ride with left foot forward and im intrested in grinds but i like the idea of being able to put somone on my back pegs and i dont think it would work if they was on one side but i also dont think running three pegs would look good then on top of that mabey i will run all 4 but in my mind i think that would just start to weigh down the bike

|

9/28/2017 7:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/28/2017 7:20 AM

bmxgangri123 wrote:

im a little new to bmx but i was wondering if i shoupd put my pegs on left right front back or all....i ride with left foot ...more

You could run different length and smaller diameter pegs on one side to save weight. Like run shorter lighter pegs on your weak side. I think they make aluminum core plastic pegs and straight up aluminum for flatland, not sure if they are intended for grinding but that wouldnt add too much weight. You could still grind on your dominant side and do flatland tricks and tranportation with the other side completing your set up.

|

9/28/2017 7:22 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

You could run different length and smaller diameter pegs on one side to save weight. Like run shorter lighter pegs on your ...more

ooh that actually helps...i will look into it

|

9/28/2017 7:31 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

You could run different length and smaller diameter pegs on one side to save weight. Like run shorter lighter pegs on your ...more

also what side should i put the grinding pegs...i useually ride left foot front and my bike is rhd

|

9/28/2017 9:31 AM

If you're left foot forward your "natural" grinding side would normally be the left. I'd suggest putting pegs just on the left for now, learn the basics, then get 2 more pegs for the right if you fancy learning oppo grinds. If you want 4 pegs straight away, it would be a good idea to invest in a good gaurded sprocket. Hub guards are a good idea either way

|

9/28/2017 9:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/28/2017 10:17 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

If you're left foot forward your "natural" grinding side would normally be the left. I'd suggest putting pegs just on the left ...more

the 4 peg idea was more for if i wanted to transport a freind on my back pegs...it wouldnt be easy if he was on one side instead of just back and i though 3 pegs looked weird so i would rather go with all 4 even if i only grind with my left pegs....perferably i have a lighter peg on the non grind side and a stronger peg on the grind side

|

9/28/2017 1:52 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

If you're left foot forward your "natural" grinding side would normally be the left. I'd suggest putting pegs just on the left ...more

It could be more comfortable on the other side for him too, try both! But im right foot forward and feel more comfortable approaching things on my right.

|

9/28/2017 2:50 PM

I actually run 3 pegs 2 on back and one on the right, main reason I only ride 3 is cause the only oppo thing I do with pegs is a ice chink so I run the one on that side for that, maybe one day I will try more oppo peg tricks and add the fourth, but for now 3 is good and imo it looks awesome with 3

|

Ride till you die