pet peeve

Related:
Create New Tag

1/16/2015 9:18 AM

What's your guy's pet peeve when it come to working on a bike, mine is when the chain gets tangled up this really pisses me off. I just want to see what makes people angry when working on their bike.

|

Anything with 2 wheels and a seat will do.

1/16/2015 9:58 AM

when I get my dick stuck between sprocket and chain and have to do the full circle.

|

Bruh

1/16/2015 10:23 AM

I tried to contemplate this, but I really love working on my bike. Getting the chain dialed, installing new/different parts; even taking everything apart and removing old grease, then adding new grease is a joy. After the day is over or I am finished with my sessions I love wiping down my bike, cleaning the tires, and brushing dust off the spokes/wheels. In other words; taking care and cherishing my bike is apart of the hobby ^__^

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

1/16/2015 10:29 AM

Buzzbegone wrote:

I tried to contemplate this, but I really love working on my bike. Getting the chain dialed, installing new/different parts; ...more

Almost sums me up perfectly. I can't stand riding with anything loose or broken i always have to have it dialed. But couldn't care less if it gets dirty I gues to each their own.

|

1/16/2015 11:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/16/2015 11:36 AM

Buzzbegone wrote:

I tried to contemplate this, but I really love working on my bike. Getting the chain dialed, installing new/different parts; ...more

Same with me, i'm always tinkering with my bike, and i give it a wipe every few weeks or after i finish working on it.

But i do hate chain breakers!

|

My FBM bike check

1/16/2015 12:33 PM

When I'm working on it and I go on vital to see the same thread reborn the millionth time.

Jk. Buy when I go to put on the back wheel and it takes me an hour. Fuckin chain tension.

|

1/16/2015 12:40 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

When I'm working on it and I go on vital to see the same thread reborn the millionth time.

Jk. Buy when I go to put on the ...more

Here's a life changing secret:

1. Pull your back wheel in to roughly the center of your frame, and tighten one side of your axle. (Let's say the drive side)
2. Push your wheel in to your frame on the non-drive side so that it's sitting crooked in the dropouts.
3. Tighten the non-drive side of the axle.
4. Loosen the drive side of your axle, the wheel will generally snap back in to the middle of your frame and your chain will be tight.
5. Repeat if needed.
6. Tighten down your drive side and do a 540.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

1/16/2015 2:53 PM

I hate chain tension and pedals. Grips are just a pain but nothing bad. Coasters are fun to work with , when they work and aren't acting up ; then they get frustrating . Truing is my nemesis

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/16/2015 3:30 PM

I actually don't mind doing anything to my bike really. Only thing that's a real hassle is my front tire can be a bitch to get off. Only the front though, the rear isn't that hard and they're both the same rims so I know it's the tire. The rear tire takes at most 2 little tire levers, the front I sometimes have to use upwards of 4 and even then it's still a bitch to get on and off.

|

1/16/2015 3:50 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Jk. Buy when I go to put on the ...more

Try being here for like 7 years and seeing it for the 2083028902834092835092830982398230948209380928345th time.

Seriously, there is a search bar, and 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999998% chance anyone could find the questions they are about to ask already answered in some way.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/16/2015 6:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/16/2015 6:41 PM

Working on bike is fun. I enjoy.

|

1/16/2015 6:54 PM

i love working on it except cble cutting. always forget to clean and get frayed bits in my foot

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

1/16/2015 7:09 PM

Cable cutting sucks. I HATE it when tires are hard to get on or off. It shouldn't be like that.

Otherwise everything is pretty easy. I hate when stuff strips out, but i haven't had that problem since i got good parts.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/16/2015 8:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/16/2015 8:49 PM

Changing grips pisses me off.

Putting on and removing Cult tires because they always were a bitch to get on and off. Every time I had to do it, I would get all sweaty and my face would get red and I would yell. It was so difficult.

Putting on pedals is kind of scary for me too because I have crosstheaded and ruined a pair of Odyssey Twisted's so now, I am scared that I am going to ruin my pedals every time I put them on.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

1/16/2015 9:00 PM

Setting up brakes. Although I've gotten good enough that I haven't had to mess with my brakes since I first set them up 6 months ago.

Cutting brake cables. I used to always destroy the housing until I started using a hacksaw.

Getting proper chain tension. With chainstay brakes, I have to find the perfect spot so it's not too tight but not loose enough to rub on my brakes. Fucking pain, especially with the Tree rear hub that just fucking spins when you try to tighten it.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

1/16/2015 10:27 PM

Truing wheels (even though it never works out right), chain tension, and adjusting bars it seems I cant never get them perfect. Ive also managed to get my index finger stuck inbetween the sprocket and chain, shit hurts.

|

1/16/2015 10:53 PM

When im working on the bike while its flipped and the bars move side ways so the bike falls probably one of the most annoying things that happen for me

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

1/17/2015 2:51 AM

I hate getting tyres off and on. and tightening spokes after building a wheel can be a ballache. But tbh, both of those arent hard, just alot of effort. Most things I still enjoy though, im just a lazy fucker

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

1/17/2015 8:09 AM

To answer OPS question, NOT HAVING THE CORRECT TOOL. DRIVES ME NUTS.

I keep my tools in a bag, and recently managed to lose my 6mm allen. I have a multi tool for my road bike with one on it, BUT it is warped so it doesn't fit so well.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/17/2015 8:57 AM

I'm OCD about how straight my stem is and I can never get it just right.

|

1/17/2015 12:12 PM

GorillaKing37 wrote:

I'm OCD about how straight my stem is and I can never get it just right.

lol i do that shit too

|

My FBM bike check

1/17/2015 1:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2015 1:42 PM

Truing my shitty single wall rear rim, without question, but so much less of a hassel with Springfields I just turn my adjustment barrels up and spin and adjust till its perfect as possible. The. Turn em all back down. Like a built in truing stand haha that and my stem and bars!

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop