pivotal seat vs railed,

Related:
Create New Tag

6/19/2011 7:26 PM

okay so i want to get a new seat a nice thick one.i want an animal strip piv. what are the pros/cons of a pivotal seat, because ive only ran railed seats.

|

steazy

6/19/2011 7:32 PM

easy adjustment of seat angle. mostly plastic so maybe lighter? (dont feel like searching the interwebs to compare). and IMO they look cleaner on a bike.

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

6/19/2011 7:35 PM

pivotal post use less weight i would think

|

6/19/2011 7:35 PM

element4all wrote:

easy adjustment of seat angle. mostly plastic so maybe lighter? (dont feel like searching the interwebs to compare). and IMO they look cleaner on a bike.

yeah, im pretty sure im gettin one, thanks

|

steazy

6/19/2011 7:36 PM

element4all wrote:

easy adjustment of seat angle. mostly plastic so maybe lighter? (dont feel like searching the interwebs to compare). and IMO they look cleaner on a bike.

that..i think im bout to go back to rails though

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

6/19/2011 7:46 PM

I rode an Animal Cush for a couple weeks and hated it. They are very firm, even thought they look cushy.
I prefer the Aitken seats, and bought a bunch of both the railed and pivotal version for when I ruin them. They're just a nice mid size, slight cushy seat.
I still ride an old Haro Mirra sig seat for when I'm cruising and want a fat seat
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

6/19/2011 7:49 PM

genesis wrote:

I rode an Animal Cush for a couple weeks and hated it. They are very firm, even thought they look cushy.
I prefer the Aitken seats, and bought a bunch of both the railed and pivotal version for when I ruin them. They're just a nice mid size, slight cushy seat.
I still ride an old Haro Mirra sig seat for when I'm cruising and want a fat seat
[LINK TO IMAGE]

thanks for the info man

|

steazy

6/19/2011 7:52 PM

if you do get a piv seat, dont be a dumbass like my friend and only order the seat and not a post. lol

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

6/19/2011 7:54 PM

element4all wrote:

if you do get a piv seat, dont be a dumbass like my friend and only order the seat and not a post. lol

lol my friend did that too he was like "do you need anything else to have a pivotal seat" and i was like ya the post, and then he just was like shit!!

|

6/19/2011 7:56 PM

element4all wrote:

if you do get a piv seat, dont be a dumbass like my friend and only order the seat and not a post. lol

jakebikes wrote:

lol my friend did that too he was like "do you need anything else to have a pivotal seat" and i was like ya the post, and then he just was like shit!!

yeah, i wont do that haha

|

steazy

6/19/2011 7:58 PM

That Animal seat sucks so much asshole. Get a better one,

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

6/19/2011 7:58 PM

genesis wrote:

I rode an Animal Cush for a couple weeks and hated it. They are very firm, even thought they look cushy.
I prefer the Aitken seats, and bought a bunch of both the railed and pivotal version for when I ruin them. They're just a nice mid size, slight cushy seat.
I still ride an old Haro Mirra sig seat for when I'm cruising and want a fat seat
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Na, you must have a hard ass because mine is really comfy!

|

6/19/2011 8:00 PM

Easternbiker93 wrote:

That Animal seat sucks so much asshole. Get a better one,

hah thanks, any suggestions on a soft piv?

|

steazy

6/19/2011 8:09 PM

macniel capital piv.
kink sexton

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

6/19/2011 8:42 PM

Yeah Macneil has good seats.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/19/2011 8:46 PM

sperm saver

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual
nollie 540 cab try it its fun

6/19/2011 8:48 PM

element4all wrote:

macniel capital piv.
kink sexton

Agreed. Biggest seats around.

|

6/19/2011 9:00 PM

the kink sexton is instant plush!

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

6/19/2011 11:14 PM

I actually prefer railed seats, been looking for one of those S&M Slim seats or a Fit ECCD.

In your situation, i'd grab a Kink Sexton seat.

|

6/19/2011 11:17 PM

I think pivotal is better, its simpler, cleaner, and I like using allen keys instead of wrenches.

I have the Macneil Capital Pivotal, its really comfy and it looks amazing. never tried an animal though.

|