pivotal seats vs rail seats

Related:
Create New Tag

2/23/2009 7:01 PM

so ive been thinking about upgrading to a pivotal seat/seat post because ive destroyed two rail seats this month from slamming down on them to stop. will it make a big difference or am i still going to fuck up my seats??? whats the other advantages of having one? ive only had rail seats before. suggestions as well?

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

2/23/2009 7:04 PM

im getting one tomorrow too
it looks cleaner to me
and rails can be a big pain in the ass
i dont think you should bend or break a pivitol

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

2/23/2009 7:10 PM

The pivotal is alot harder to break, way easier to adjust, it looks smoother, alot of em are really comfortable. Lots of stuff

|

2/23/2009 7:10 PM

Yeah pivotals don't strip out, at least I've never seen it happen. And I think they look cleaner and they're way simple to use

|

Dave Lawrence: "Pot is like the lazy retarded cousin of drugs. No one cares, they just give him a ball and he's happy on his own."

Refs: Fede/bmx1, Nmyersomg, Meowmoo68

2/23/2009 7:13 PM

KriSandM wrote:

The pivotal is alot harder to break, way easier to adjust, it looks smoother, alot of em are really comfortable. Lots of stuff

yeah thats what i was thinkin
although you have more adjustibility with rails
but that doesnt matter to me much

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

2/23/2009 8:00 PM

i just bought the rail fit seat and im so mad cuz the fit pivitol seat is coming out soon and i have no moneysad pivitol is easier cleaner and lighter

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]
myspace.com/ride4blue
[LINK TO IMAGE]

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination.

2/23/2009 8:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/23/2009 8:12 PM

ok get a pivitol seat and seat post and ride or stop using your foot to slow down w00t laughing cool silly sideways
was this help full wow this is my hundreth post i will celabrate now wooow i can not spell im... yeahya know so get and get in to gear AND RIDDDDDDDEEEEEE!!!! WOOOHO

|

life unlike all others
i'm not.
bad ass bikes i couldn't do without
check my setup out here
email at jackass420foralife@yahoo.com

2/23/2009 8:12 PM

thecook wrote:

ok get a pivitol seat and seat post and ride or stop using your foot to slow down w00t laughing cool silly sideways
was this help full wow this is my hundreth post i will celabrate now wooow i can not spell im... yeahya know so get and get in to gear AND RIDDDDDDDEEEEEE!!!! WOOOHO

what does a pivitol seat have to do with using your foot to slow down?
just asking

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

2/23/2009 8:22 PM

I dont think I'll ever own a pivotal seat, my seat is adjusted to the rear a little bit because when I sit down my posture tends to lean back somewhat. So my ass is on the softer part of the seat, which is more comfortable for me. A pivotal seat cannot accomodate my needs since it is centered directly onto the seatpost.

|

This message is brought to you by JonathanAllen.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
This is Red Panda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_panda

MOTW 5/17/2010 - 5/23/2010

2/23/2009 8:27 PM

thecook wrote:

ok get a pivitol seat and seat post and ride or stop using your foot to slow down w00t laughing cool silly sideways
was this help full wow this is my hundreth post i will celabrate now wooow i can not spell im... yeahya know so get and get in to gear AND RIDDDDDDDEEEEEE!!!! WOOOHO

Ressler711 wrote:

what does a pivitol seat have to do with using your foot to slow down?
just asking

WELL HE SAID HE BROKE HIS SEAT OFTEN. O SORRY MY CAPS IS STUCK ON!!!

|

life unlike all others
i'm not.
bad ass bikes i couldn't do without
check my setup out here
email at jackass420foralife@yahoo.com

2/23/2009 8:29 PM

JonathanAllen wrote:

I dont think I'll ever own a pivotal seat, my seat is adjusted to the rear a little bit because when I sit down my posture tends to lean back somewhat. So my ass is on the softer part of the seat, which is more comfortable for me. A pivotal seat cannot accomodate my needs since it is centered directly onto the seatpost.

no its not they are adjustable becuase mine is tilted back.. they adjust when you tighten them down. like they line up when you get one youll see. get pivital alot lighter cleaner and pretty much hassle free. i only broke the seat so they last

|

Ride and have fun

2/23/2009 8:32 PM

JonathanAllen wrote:

I dont think I'll ever own a pivotal seat, my seat is adjusted to the rear a little bit because when I sit down my posture tends to lean back somewhat. So my ass is on the softer part of the seat, which is more comfortable for me. A pivotal seat cannot accomodate my needs since it is centered directly onto the seatpost.

i like to have my seat all the way to the backupwards position and all thewayy down on the seat post i some time have where the seat pouches the tire because my post seat set up on my bike is stuck the way i had it 3 and a half years ago yes im taller allmost 6 highilike the samepart of the seat and everyone calls me gay when its thefirst time they see that. SOOOO ANOYING!!!! DAMB MY SPEEEEELLLLLLLIIINNNGGG AGAIN I SERIOUSLY CANT SPELL TODAY!

|

life unlike all others
i'm not.
bad ass bikes i couldn't do without
check my setup out here
email at jackass420foralife@yahoo.com

2/23/2009 8:33 PM

IM THINKING OF GOING TO PIVIOL TOO DAMBSEAT!!

|

life unlike all others
i'm not.
bad ass bikes i couldn't do without
check my setup out here
email at jackass420foralife@yahoo.com

2/23/2009 8:37 PM

BED SOUNDS GOOD ILOOK AT THIS FORUMLATER IM TIIRED AND CRANKY WOWDQHDWQ WTF DAMBSPEELLLLINGLLLING AGAIN TAALK LATER I HAVE TO KILL HANDS YAAYw00t

|

life unlike all others
i'm not.
bad ass bikes i couldn't do without
check my setup out here
email at jackass420foralife@yahoo.com

2/23/2009 10:13 PM

JonathanAllen wrote:

I dont think I'll ever own a pivotal seat, my seat is adjusted to the rear a little bit because when I sit down my posture tends to lean back somewhat. So my ass is on the softer part of the seat, which is more comfortable for me. A pivotal seat cannot accomodate my needs since it is centered directly onto the seatpost.

BmxKyle6669 wrote:

no its not they are adjustable becuase mine is tilted back.. they adjust when you tighten them down. like they line up when you get one youll see. get pivital alot lighter cleaner and pretty much hassle free. i only broke the seat so they last

True, a pivotal seat is adjustable but you can only tilt it at angles. You cannot push a pivotal seat forwards or backwards as opposed to a seat with rails. For instance, if you wanted to tilt your seat upwards to however you wanted it and you wanted to push it back also, you could. You can't do that with a pivotal seat.

I won't buy a pivotal seat for my reasons stated.

Who here remembers the Premium I-Beam seat/post? Probably the worst idea for a seat/post combo I've ever seen. I laughed at the idea. Looked exactly like this one but this one is a MTB seat:

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

This message is brought to you by JonathanAllen.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
This is Red Panda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_panda

MOTW 5/17/2010 - 5/23/2010

2/23/2009 10:15 PM

JonathanAllen wrote:

I dont think I'll ever own a pivotal seat, my seat is adjusted to the rear a little bit because when I sit down my posture tends to lean back somewhat. So my ass is on the softer part of the seat, which is more comfortable for me. A pivotal seat cannot accomodate my needs since it is centered directly onto the seatpost.

BmxKyle6669 wrote:

no its not they are adjustable becuase mine is tilted back.. they adjust when you tighten them down. like they line up when you get one youll see. get pivital alot lighter cleaner and pretty much hassle free. i only broke the seat so they last

JonathanAllen wrote:

True, a pivotal seat is adjustable but you can only tilt it at angles. You cannot push a pivotal seat forwards or backwards as opposed to a seat with rails. For instance, if you wanted to tilt your seat upwards to however you wanted it and you wanted to push it back also, you could. You can't do that with a pivotal seat.

I won't buy a pivotal seat for my reasons stated.

Who here remembers the Premium I-Beam seat/post? Probably the worst idea for a seat/post combo I've ever seen. I laughed at the idea. Looked exactly like this one but this one is a MTB seat:

[LINK TO IMAGE]

how would that work?
can you get a pic of it on the bike?

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

2/23/2009 10:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 6:38 PM

Photo

As you can clearly see, sometimes MTB technology does not belong on bmx bikes! Premium made a poor decision by making seats like this. And if you are wondering, Premium discontinued them a few years ago, either before or during the time pivotal was invented and patented by Macneil.
|

This message is brought to you by JonathanAllen.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
This is Red Panda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_panda

MOTW 5/17/2010 - 5/23/2010

2/23/2009 10:24 PM

man, sometimes it makes me wonder what they'll do next
that really looks like itd break the first time you bail
wow haha

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

2/23/2009 10:26 PM

Photo

Here's the infamous Premium I-beam seat!
|

This message is brought to you by JonathanAllen.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
This is Red Panda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_panda

MOTW 5/17/2010 - 5/23/2010

2/23/2009 10:32 PM

JonathanAllen wrote: Photo

Here's the infamous Premium I-beam seat!

it doesnt look too bad.....until you flip it over and you say wtf is this?!?

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

8/21/2019 10:02 AM

ridebmxnc wrote:

so ive been thinking about upgrading to a pivotal seat/seat post because ive destroyed two rail seats this month from slamming down on them to stop. will it make a big difference or am i still going to fuck up my seats??? whats the other advantages of having one? ive only had rail seats before. suggestions as well?

I use to have the same issue back in da day and after breaking 20 seats in a row i then i got a pivotal never had a seat issue againo,
Pivotal posts are the future of bmx rail seat won’t even exist for freestyle Bmx unless you get a Walmart bike

|

Testimony and apologies





I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.






instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit