plasti-dip your frame

Related:
Create New Tag

8/20/2014 5:03 PM

I heard about plasti dip and how its a rubberized coating so I was wondering if its OK to plasti dip my frame so it isn't so...blue. Then I can just buy black bars and forks so it will look generic and not "flashy"Photo

|

8/20/2014 5:20 PM

plastidip flakes of and peels with any rubbing so i wouldnt recommend it

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/20/2014 6:20 PM

Plasti dip is never the answer.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

8/20/2014 6:51 PM

I like that blue.

And I would avoid Plasti-dip. Get it painted somewhere, auto body shop or powdercoaters.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/20/2014 7:37 PM

Thanks guys this helped a lot

|

8/20/2014 8:18 PM

Just say no to plasti-dip! I own a custom powdercoat/anodizing company and people been coming in like crazy with wheels, frames, etc. that was plasti-dipped. Peeling and looking like absolute crap within a couple weeks. Story's always the same "Uh, my friend did it, can you fix it...?"

|

8/20/2014 8:53 PM

i would say powdercoat it if its a nice aftermarket part that will last, otherwise you are throwing your money away
a good spray job can look pretty damn good if you: completely sand everythin g down, use primer, let the topcoat dry in the sun for about a week, read the directions and mask things off well

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/21/2014 7:28 AM

Im "flexi-dipping" a couple things here soon probably so ill see if rustoleoum is any better at plastic coating.

|

"It's like riding someone's bike and they got the same frame" -Four
Refs:Four x4,tomdon x5,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest