plastic guards

Related:
Create New Tag

4/20/2014 11:35 AM

what you think about plastic hubguards , i want the BSD Jersey Barrier front hubguard what you think???

|

4/20/2014 11:54 AM

I ran one as a rear on a Profile hub. Worked well for me.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/20/2014 11:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2014 11:59 AM

I run the rear animal one... plastic slides good, but that's about the only upside. They wear out fairly quick if you're hitting ledges everyday. All it takes is one portion to go through and they pretty much shit out from there. I'll not be getting another after this one... go for a chromo guard instead.. like one of THESE

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

4/20/2014 12:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2014 12:18 PM

BMXism wrote:

I run the rear animal one... plastic slides good, but that's about the only upside. They wear out fairly quick if you're ...more

think i'm gonna try the chromo guards

|

4/20/2014 12:16 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

how long you running your hub guard??

|

4/20/2014 3:16 PM

The BSD plastic guards work perfectly well and last some time, too. It's pretty cheap to get replacement sleeves, too.

|

4/20/2014 3:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2014 3:34 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

bmx cult02 wrote:

how long you running your hub guard??

I had it for maybe a year, BUT I don't grind much, and when I do it was usually at a skatepark. I sold the wheels with guards to a buddy and he is still rocking them last I heard. That was late summer 2012 I sold em. He doesn't ride a ton, but when he does he destroys everything. Seemed to work well.

Honestly if you are grinding on your hub guard you are doing it wrong. It should be there to stop you from wrecking spokes when you first get into the grind, then slide you onto your peg.

I've been running an alloy Demolition Thread on guard for my Rogue rear hub without an issue for over a year now too. I am not to hard on parts though.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/20/2014 4:51 PM

If getting plastic guards get glands. Any other type of guards get chromo ones

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

4/20/2014 5:00 PM

I have a Jersey Barrier front and keep snapping large portions of the sleeve off almost every session that I work on double peg grind variations. Had the same problem with my rear Animal PYN too.

I now have a Daily Grind Infinity rear, which is simply amazing. Slides like butter and is machined to be thick where needed and thin elsewhere to make a incredibly strong, lightweight, guaranteed guard. Imo its better than the S&M Cymbals even though it only costs half as much.

Im keeping my front Jersey Barrier for now because even with the snapped sleeves it still (barely) protects my hub flange. I will upgrade to a Daily Grind front in the future.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

4/21/2014 2:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2014 3:20 AM

i'm running the proper k7 cassette male hub, the Infinity guard or the BSD berrier fits on my proper hub?? does anyone knows?

|

4/21/2014 6:48 AM

daily grind guards. nuff said

|