plastic pegs compared to metal

Related:
Create New Tag

8/27/2011 7:41 AM

some kid told me that plastic pegs are just as strong as metal and slide i alot better i no they are easy to slide on but they cant be strong there plastic or do they have like a metal core and a plastic outter ?i just dont wanna buy plastic pegs and they snap in like a week

|

8/27/2011 7:54 AM

plastic pegs are shit. get odyssey j-pegs.

|

8/27/2011 7:59 AM

get shadow little ones pegs and try out the plastic sleeves they make for them

|

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

8/27/2011 8:02 AM

there are a couple parks in our area and they require plastic pegs and I use the Demolition dumb chuck pegs for that. I really love them for parks and especially for concrete parks. they have an aluminum sleeve inside the plastic for strength.

But I do still use metal pegs for riding street to help the plastic pegs last longer

|

"The ratio of hours of building and maintaining trails is astronomically skewed in the wrong direction, but the pay off is indescribably worth it."

8/27/2011 8:19 AM

abreezy111 wrote:

there are a couple parks in our area and they require plastic pegs and I use the Demolition dumb chuck pegs for that. I really ...more

also how would you make sparkles come out of your grindtube when making moves on brick.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

8/27/2011 8:32 AM

cupovjoe wrote:

also how would you make sparkles come out of your grindtube when making moves on brick.

dont be silly... gun powder. DUH

|

"The ratio of hours of building and maintaining trails is astronomically skewed in the wrong direction, but the pay off is indescribably worth it."

8/27/2011 9:55 AM

dont buy plastic anything. odyssey g.i., pegs all day, everyday.

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS

8/27/2011 10:47 AM

Just cut the ends off your handlebars, and beat them onto your axle nuts with a hammer. Instapegs.

|

It's an Eastern, and it's fucking awesome.

8/27/2011 11:14 AM

JarrodBmxWA wrote:

plastic pegs are shit. get odyssey j-pegs.

this, I got em and love them. I only ride steel because all the ledges in our town are rough concrete. (except for my grind box)

|

8/27/2011 11:15 AM

not only will they snap in a week, they will be grinded down in a week

|

8/27/2011 11:16 AM

get animal butcher pegs with a plastic sleeve, just as strong, and slides better

|

Refs : ninjacat33

8/27/2011 11:19 AM

would you rather have a plastic frame or metal?

|

vital's redneck

8/27/2011 11:23 AM

BLRBMX wrote:

PLASTIC!

|

100+REFS
I'm on the Vital legit list.
Terrible One!
Mutiny Loosefer.
Tumblr.
PSN- timm-377

8/27/2011 11:24 AM

BLRBMX wrote:

TCbmx. wrote:

PLASTIC!

this!

|

Lol. Xzibit plz
Shakesman69: Seeing a girl on a bike is like seeing a unicorn walking down the main street.
Brokenbmx: i pooped butterflies once.

Bought from: Ridebmx456 TCbmx(x2) Wade., Ticaleb
Sold to: Sprocket: Mike - E, Front Hub: Kroller, Back wheel: imgoingtohavetocuthere
Local deal for a rear wheel with: bmx

8/27/2011 11:24 AM

I'm gonna make a frame out of some pvc pipes, and fill it with expandafoam. That should be light enough right?

|

8/27/2011 1:08 PM

if you get plastic pegs dont use them on concrete or cement and they will last or you could just get plastic peg slips

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual
nollie 540 cab try it its fun

8/27/2011 3:34 PM

iv had a thermolite peg for 2 days and one side of it is paper thin already so yeah they suck id ride plastic front and steel back if i was you i do alot of feebles

|

I HAVE A PAIR OF BLACK ODDY 7KAS I WILL TRADE BOTH FOR A PAIR OF SUN ENVYS (MUST BE FRONT AND REAR MATCHING SET) ANY COLOR

8/27/2011 5:41 PM

your dumb,a metal peg is by far better than a plastic,if you want a palstic there better for rails and to run as a front in my opinion.plastic pegs snap n crack.just wax the shit out bof the metal peg fool.

|

|^^^^^^^^^^^\||___
| THE SEX TRUCK |||""'|""\___,_
|_____________ l||__|__|__|
(@)@)"""""""**(@)(@)**|(@)

refs:TCBMX

8/27/2011 10:23 PM

Eimanatox wrote:

I'm gonna make a frame out of some pvc pipes, and fill it with expandafoam. That should be light enough right?

You're a moron...

That foam shit is HEAVY! Your frame would be lighter and more resistant to breaking if you made it out of old tires.

No plastic peg will last as long as metal ones will. Like a few people have said, the plastic sleeves for some pegs are your best bet for economy and strength.

|

8/27/2011 10:36 PM

It depends what you ride, if you ride skateparks alot and it has a bunch of coping on the ledges, plastic pegs wont slide as well as metal. If you have nothing but concrete ledges that are not waxed i would get plastic pegs. Either way i would get metal pegs

|

8/27/2011 10:55 PM

CavemanChadd wrote:

You're a moron...

That foam shit is HEAVY! Your frame would be lighter and more resistant to breaking if you made it out of ...more

So, you're telling me foam, is heavy, when they're already made of steel.... Good call.

|

8/27/2011 11:08 PM

plastic pegs are actually way stronger then metal pegs
/thread

|

I'm Fat, so what?
50 REFS!!!!!
TRAILER TRASH
BSD TRAILORPARK 21.1 Almost mint FOR SALE!!!! TEXT ME
if u need to talk to me
708 336 1697

8/27/2011 11:10 PM

Wade. wrote:

/thread

send my shit yet?

|

I HAVE A PAIR OF BLACK ODDY 7KAS I WILL TRADE BOTH FOR A PAIR OF SUN ENVYS (MUST BE FRONT AND REAR MATCHING SET) ANY COLOR

8/27/2011 11:10 PM

Wade. wrote:

/thread

iridebmx2122 wrote:

send my shit yet?

yessir

|

I'm Fat, so what?
50 REFS!!!!!
TRAILER TRASH
if u need to talk to me
708 336 1697

8/27/2011 11:13 PM

Wade. wrote:

/thread

iridebmx2122 wrote:

send my shit yet?

Wade. wrote:

yessir

good bout damm time... lol

|

8/27/2011 11:16 PM

iridebmx2122 wrote:

send my shit yet?

Wade. wrote:

yessir

iridebmx2122 wrote:

sorry about that, been having family problems and shit. and my post office just seems to hate me

|

I'm Fat, so what?
50 REFS!!!!!
TRAILER TRASH
if u need to talk to me
708 336 1697

8/27/2011 11:20 PM

Wade. wrote:

yessir

iridebmx2122 wrote:

Wade. wrote:

sorry about that, been having family problems and shit. and my post office just seems to hate me

its cool bro no prob its not like i have anywhere to put them when i get them anyways

|

8/27/2011 11:40 PM

Eimanatox wrote:

CavemanChadd wrote:

You're a moron...

That foam shit is HEAVY! Your frame would be lighter and more resistant to breaking if you made it out of ...more

Eimanatox wrote:

So, you're telling me foam, is heavy, when they're already made of steel.... Good call.

...Actually, if you took schedule 40 PVC in about 1.5" id and filled it all with(most types of) expandable foam, it very well may actually weigh more(or very close to) than the modern, standard weight frame.
That foam is incredibly dense once it sets. If you don't believe me, ask any airplane mechanic; though, they'll tell you the same thing as I did since I'm almost one(not bragging, just proud and letting it known how I know it can weigh more than steel).
For you to assume I was saying that ALL foams are heavier than steel while you were talking about expandable foam makes you look a bit daft, don't you think?

|

8/27/2011 11:45 PM

CavemanChadd wrote:

...Actually, if you took schedule 40 PVC in about 1.5" id and filled it all with(most types of) expandable foam, it very well ...more

I didn't really feel like writing the word 'expandable' another time, when I could have just as easily written 'foam', and you would know what I was referring to. Maybe we're talking about different things here, because I have used expanding foam quite a few times, and any kind I've used has been relatively light... Either way, I'm surprised no one has tried to do that yet. All this weight whoring shit is getting a bit out of hand....

|

5/21/2012 8:50 AM

i ride to plastic in the front, and two metal in the back i like plastic to be honest adn there just as strong just the grind life is a bit shorter, get stolen thermal lite pegs there the best plastic pegs there thick and strong and light as shit

|