please help having driver problems!!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

11/21/2008 9:24 PM

so i got a custom from dans i got it today and it looks so dope but the cassete made barely any noise when i spun it and its the wtp supreme cassete hub now i know for a fact those hubs are loud but i wanna know why mine made no noise do i have to do anything before i put it on or will riding it get it louder or is it just too greased up inside please help

|

August 1st bmx day??? WHY NOT RIDE EVERY DAY!

11/21/2008 9:27 PM

its prob just the grease in it

|

if u want to win a free ipod, phone, game, or almost anything, go here
http://swagbucks.prodege.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=253912

11/21/2008 9:28 PM

really good cause i was really worried so do you think if i just rode it for a day it would go to normal?

|

11/21/2008 9:29 PM

ya but youll have to wipe the grease off your hub cause it will come out a little

|

dont think of it as rape, think of it as surprise sex. and who doesnt love a surprise?

11/21/2008 9:30 PM

ahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha
NO!
you have to take the driver out and then get a paper towel and wipe all the grease off
do u know how 5to take a driver off?
its rellly easy

|

11/21/2008 9:32 PM

i no a bike pretty much back and fourth but the only thing ive never touched are hubs so im kinda scared cause i dont want to mess it up so lets say i ride it for a day the grease will come out of the hub then i clean it then it goes back to normal?

|

11/21/2008 9:33 PM

ummm
listen bro, u could ride it for a year, and it would still be quiet
u have to actuaally pull the driver off and degrease it

|

11/21/2008 9:35 PM

oh ok cool i see what you mean so its just the grease then its not any major problem

|

11/21/2008 9:41 PM

if u degrease the whole driver, and its STILL quiet, then call wethepeople
but im almost one hundred percent sure that its just the grease

|

11/21/2008 9:42 PM

thanks man

|

11/22/2008 2:19 AM

Fuck, thats alot of grease!

|

"Party like you don't work, and work like you don't party."

11/22/2008 7:54 AM

This is the stupidest post ever. Why would you want to degrease your hub just so it's loud??? The people that build the hubs put the grease in, and you take of out just so your hub is louder? Do you think that the 12 year olds on this board know more than the engineers? Leave the grease.

|

Yes, I really live in Wyoming.

11/22/2008 8:03 AM

montymitch wrote:

This is the stupidest post ever. Why would you want to degrease your hub just so it's loud??? The people that build the hubs put the grease in, and you take of out just so your hub is louder? Do you think that the 12 year olds on this board know more than the engineers? Leave the grease.

You haven't been here long have you? There have been several threads about this very subject, cause kids want loud cassettes. They are even willing to risk letting the hub wear out faster by taking out the grease, just to hear it better.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/22/2008 8:49 AM

montymitch wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

You haven't been here long have you? There have been several threads about this very subject, cause kids want loud cassettes. They are even willing to risk letting the hub wear out faster by taking out the grease, just to hear it better.

its not that i want a louder cassete thats just plain dumb im just saying the cassete is abnormaly quiet i just wanted to know if there was something wrong with it. this post isnt about how to make a cassete louder its about a problem with my cassete get it straight!

|

11/22/2008 8:54 AM

ITS DEFINITELY THE GREASE........I recently regreased my hub which was pretty damn loud before I greased it, and now its really quiet. I'm not interested in having a loud cassette, so I really don't care, not to mention the fact that the math goes kinda like this.........hub+grease=smooth rolling hub and cassette.
hub-grease=shitty rolling hub and cassette.

|

I'll beat the %@#kin brakes off you @%tch. Shut the %#!k up and ride your %*#kin bike @$$hole.

11/22/2008 8:58 AM

do you think it will get louder the more i ride it?

|

11/22/2008 9:00 AM

yeah, it'll take a while though. I wouldn't worry about removing the grease unless you're that impatient to make it loud. It'll probably take a month or so for the grease to work itself out.

|

I'll beat the %@#kin brakes off you @%tch. Shut the %#!k up and ride your %*#kin bike @$$hole.

11/22/2008 9:01 AM

alright thanks man, i just wanted to make sure it wasnt any thing else

|

11/22/2008 9:31 AM

Ive been annoyed at the idea of loud cassettes for a long time. I'm disturbed that people are willing to let parts wear out early for the sake of noise. It makes as much sense as letting the oil out of my car because I like that grinding sound.

|

Yes, I really live in Wyoming.

11/22/2008 12:52 PM

yea when i first got my bike the hub was so quiet then like a month later its was a lot louder then before

|

boo i bet you were scared