popping noise

Related:
Create New Tag

3/27/2011 5:41 PM

i have a popping noise coming from somwhere around my BB my sprocket is perfectly in line with my driver.the chain isnt to tight and im running 25/9 with the kmc rainbow chain plz help. and the cranks arent hitting the chainstays. THANKS

|

3/27/2011 5:46 PM

Do you ever grease your BB? do you have a stock or old rear hub? and do you grease your bearings in your hub?

|

instagram @strictlyart
Get a life, ride a bike.

3/27/2011 5:53 PM

Shawn Mcintosh of Fit riding his first real bike

Photo

|

Refs:
wade, ~stolen boy~, mattjmuldoon(x2), droogskul(x2), element4all, ron44ald, iridefly(x2), empath_, ajp62696, areanfsl, dontdeletemepleaseandthankyou, JakeSalbert, asilva23, bmx4life121303, TCbmx.

3/27/2011 5:58 PM

there's bubble wrap stuck in your BB...

JK, it's probably just dirt in the bb or a tiny rock or something.

|

3/28/2011 7:01 AM

i have a brand new nitrous wheel in. the back to and my bb is sealed so you cant grease it

|

3/28/2011 7:02 AM

I'm thinking worn or crushed bearings from overtightened cranks

|

"man that woman could buckle a train track just by looking at it" - Euan on Susan Boyle

3/28/2011 7:13 AM

take off seals of the bb and put in grease

|

i cracked my b-rad therefor i am a cool kitty cat!
facebook

my baby deliyla

3/28/2011 7:15 AM

collinbikesalot wrote:

Take off clothes and put in dick

|

"man that woman could buckle a train track just by looking at it" - Euan on Susan Boyle

3/28/2011 7:15 AM

Whatever wrote:

This, or lots of dirt in his chain. Could even be lack of chain lubrication.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/28/2011 7:16 AM

Whatever wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

This, or lots of dirt in his chain. Could even be lack of chain lubrication.

OP, you know what to do, LUBE IT UP!

|

3/28/2011 7:16 AM

collinbikesalot wrote:

Whatever wrote:

but make sure you can get it up

|

i cracked my b-rad therefor i am a cool kitty cat!
facebook

my baby deliyla

3/28/2011 7:17 AM

collinbikesalot wrote:

Whatever wrote:

collinbikesalot wrote:

but make sure you can get it up

Of course baby

|

3/28/2011 9:30 AM

it can really be your chain. i just got a new rear wheel, twombolts and bb and had my old chain on, it make my shit so loud. i put on a new chain and its silent as fuck now. or try lubing/ greasing the bb bearings.

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS

3/28/2011 11:28 AM

Check your pedal spindles for staightness. I've had a bike that popped with every pedal stroke because the pedals were binding.

|

Wait............what?

3/28/2011 2:31 PM

did you press the bearing sin yourself? if so, then perhaps you did not get the bearings in to the correct depth, i had this issue a few times and it was always the bearings not being pressed fully to work with the spindle spacer

|

Brennan Huff: "I'm so scared right now. I'm just gonna to do what's sensible, I'm gonna file for unemployment. Then I'm gonna try to get a job at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, because they got an excellent corporate structure and they... *they* give *you* the tools to be your own boss."