popping tubes?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/27/2013 7:44 AM

Ok thick question im sure but I pumped my tyres up to around 75psi and i wasnt even jumping or anything and the tube let go - it had a big 3mm slit dead centre on the inside of the tube. what a pain so got a new tube, again i was just out riding no tricks and pop again......not the same place but inside again.

so iv check the rim tape and the rim for sign of something sharp but nothing, and it aint like im running high pressure - i am 13 stone mind but like i said i wasnt jumping or anything?

thing is the rim tape aint very wide and sometimes the rim holes show which i guess that may cause it?

any thoughts? as i cant afford to keep going through tubes like this and its stopping me riding right now.....

|

5/27/2013 7:51 AM

get some rim tape and go over it, or run your fingers over the tape and see if there is anything there. I had that problem, turned out to be a stone in there.

|

Bruh

5/27/2013 8:36 AM

Check the inside of the tire too, there may be a thorn in there you can't see, also be careful when installing your tires and tubes, you might have pinched the tube and while riding it was under more stress and gave out

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

5/27/2013 12:34 PM

take your tire off and your rim tape off. clean both good. throw away your rim tape and just wrap your rim with 2-3 layers of electrical tape. use a screwdriver to make the hole for the valve. make sure your tire is sitting right and that it doesnt have any holes where the tube might pop out. if you see a piece of tube coming out replace your tire.

keep riding

|

fack off

5/27/2013 2:58 PM

Rim is clean, tyre fin, tape seems ok? All abit strange really, maybe not running pressure high enough allowed it to pinch?

|

5/27/2013 8:17 PM

I keep reading "pooping tubes" instead of "popping tubes".

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

5/27/2013 8:20 PM

You're installing it wrong or you have something in your rimstrip / tire.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/28/2013 1:38 AM

if you have single wall rims, tape the cock out of it.

if you have only 1 rim strip, tape the shit out of it.

if you're trying to use normal regular tubes, get thorn proofs.

|

5/28/2013 1:45 AM

ok so the rims are Eclat Xodus double wall flush welded rims, I agree the second burst may have been me pinching it ( cant for sure say it wasnt ) but first time it came from the factory like that so would hope they would get it right ( guess i cant be sure on that either though )

well iv ordered new tubes and better rim tape and il see how I go - il pump her up to 85psi min too, and be bloody careful putting it in tyre.

and chuck - pooping tube would be funny but glad that I dont need help with that right now - lol

|

5/28/2013 11:36 AM

I had this problem a few weeks ago. I wrapped my rim in some duct tape and was extra careful putting in the next tube. Haven't had a problem sense.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling