premium refuse resist???

Related:
Create New Tag

8/17/2013 5:59 PM

im looking at buying these at my b-day and i want to know if they are any good i saw on other forums that the bead comes out super easy is that still the case or are they good for a intermediate street rider.

heres a link
https://www.danscomp.com/444065.php

|

8/17/2013 6:08 PM

Premium is shit. One of the worst companies imo. Go for a Demolition Machete.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

8/17/2013 6:12 PM

Don't buy them.

Buy these : Odyssey Aitken, Demolition Machete, Primo Dirt Monster

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

8/17/2013 6:16 PM

go for odyssey

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

8/17/2013 6:25 PM

If you NEED some tires, go with the Sunday Current tires

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

8/17/2013 6:35 PM

Ive been riding these tires for a very very long time..Id say 5+years and I dont take it easy on my bike and ride street daily. They are good tires but there is disadvantages. I ride the biggest version possible, folding as well. I have no experience with the wirebead kind.

For a tire weighing in at 20oz, Ive noticed its much thicker in tread and the side walls compares to a lot of other tires weighing the same or more. These have been my favorite tire for a long time. I ride these only in front because the specs on the smaller version are not to my liking and I dont know if they inflate to a bigger size like the 2.25.

Ive had one problem where the tire blew off the rim and was destroyed. While Ive rode the tire before Im sure it was my error. I probably thought it was seated evenly around the rim ..but mostly likely not due to what happen. As some will disagree but Im sure it was the same with them. One tire popping in over 5 years, Id say its reliable. Since then I check with detail ever time I put them or any tire on and inflate...no problems since. I do a lot of sliding front end tricks and the tread has held up amazingly. They last a long time, I have no problems with flats..etc

The issues you may have with the larger version are fitting in your frame and forks. While the wire bead is smaller when inflating it only handles 65psi where the folding is 100..may be 110 psi(I didnt check). In most forks you will probably have to lift the wheel out of the dropout so its fits without rubbing(depending on psi). I run mine at about 75- 80psi...sometimes slightly less from constant riding an not re-pumping.

These are good tires but can cause a headache with fitting issues.

The Demolition Machete was suggested, I couldnt agree more. The Machete is now replacing my Refuse Resist tires. These are the only tires that I can find comparable in size and Ive been through so many. They are just about as wide but not as high. From this its fits in most forks and frame with ease.

As someone who has probably ran the Premium tires longer then anyone, I would definitely suggest getting the Machete instead, 2.35 front, 2.25 back.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

8/18/2013 7:25 AM

The Horror Contact wrote:

Ive been riding these tires for a very very long time..Id say 5+years and I dont take it easy on my bike and ride street daily. They are good tires but there is disadvantages. I ride the biggest version possible, folding as well. I have no experience with the wirebead kind.

For a tire weighing in at 20oz, Ive noticed its much thicker in tread and the side walls compares to a lot of other tires weighing the same or more. These have been my favorite tire for a long time. I ride these only in front because the specs on the smaller version are not to my liking and I dont know if they inflate to a bigger size like the 2.25.

Ive had one problem where the tire blew off the rim and was destroyed. While Ive rode the tire before Im sure it was my error. I probably thought it was seated evenly around the rim ..but mostly likely not due to what happen. As some will disagree but Im sure it was the same with them. One tire popping in over 5 years, Id say its reliable. Since then I check with detail ever time I put them or any tire on and inflate...no problems since. I do a lot of sliding front end tricks and the tread has held up amazingly. They last a long time, I have no problems with flats..etc

The issues you may have with the larger version are fitting in your frame and forks. While the wire bead is smaller when inflating it only handles 65psi where the folding is 100..may be 110 psi(I didnt check). In most forks you will probably have to lift the wheel out of the dropout so its fits without rubbing(depending on psi). I run mine at about 75- 80psi...sometimes slightly less from constant riding an not re-pumping.

These are good tires but can cause a headache with fitting issues.

The Demolition Machete was suggested, I couldnt agree more. The Machete is now replacing my Refuse Resist tires. These are the only tires that I can find comparable in size and Ive been through so many. They are just about as wide but not as high. From this its fits in most forks and frame with ease.

As someone who has probably ran the Premium tires longer then anyone, I would definitely suggest getting the Machete instead, 2.35 front, 2.25 back.

okay thanks im just on a budget and they fit my price range, any ideas on the cult dehart tires? im curently runing a mike aitken in the front and some spare gt tire in the back and i would like an upgrade

|

8/18/2013 7:26 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

i ride a premium frame and seat and id say they are pretty good and my friend just got the new ck and its pretty good id say too, except i hate the geo

|

8/18/2013 7:51 AM

logan.daniels.98 wrote:

i ride a premium frame and seat and id say they are pretty good and my friend just got the new ck and its pretty good id say too, except i hate the geo

Well your friend is fucking retarded lol. You can get a frame as good or better than the CK for $150-200 less. In fact almost every frame cheaper than it are better haha. Premiums parts are generic overpriced shit.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

8/18/2013 8:42 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

logan.daniels.98 wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Well your friend is fucking retarded lol. You can get a frame as good or better than the CK for $150-200 less. In fact almost every frame cheaper than it are better haha. Premiums parts are generic overpriced shit.

to be completly honest, i agree that why im switching to an after market verde frame

|

8/18/2013 10:06 AM

Screw that! Get yourself some Odyssey tires and be happy. If you want lighter stuff, Demolitions are alright! They do slide out a lot on wet pavement so they arent grippy at all haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/18/2013 10:21 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

This, the CK is one of of premiums frames, 3 of which (including the CK) have EXACTLY the same geo. just branded with a different name to make kids wet

|

Bruh

8/18/2013 11:07 AM

Small ones sucks, big one are good if you have the tire clearance

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

8/18/2013 4:28 PM

Get glh's or tww's. or a Tom white wall in the Back and a glh in the front, that's what I wanna do. But both of the tires I said are good

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

8/18/2013 8:19 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

Get glh's or tww's. or a Tom white wall in the Back and a glh in the front, that's what I wanna do. But both of the tires I said are good

i actually agree i think i might get 2 tww's

|

8/18/2013 8:27 PM

Or two Chase Hawks.
Or a Aaron Ross in the back, and an Aitken in the front.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

8/18/2013 8:39 PM

Get tioga powerblocks or some maxxis grifters

|

8/18/2013 9:43 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Get tioga powerblocks or some maxxis grifters

i dont have that type of money nor do i ride dirt or park

|

8/18/2013 10:51 PM

I ride these tires 2.25 they are fat as fuck... never got a flat with these tires ever and they are grippy and good for sliders and they don't slip on you if you take a sharp turn.

|

Ride Or Die
PrimoPro Hub All Day
Tan Walls above all