primo hula hoop or gsport ribcage

Related:
Create New Tag

1/20/2012 7:36 PM

I am getting back into riding after a injury that is keeping me of my bike and I am building a new set up. I have a set of 36 hole hula hoop rims when everything started goin to 36 hole and a ratchet hub. I want to buil a new back wheel tho because I grinded the hell out of the flange and spokes. I was looking at the ribcage but my hula hoops are still in good shape. So please enlighten me on how they compare.

|

REFS: ChristianJames, Roqfan, Mike_1033

1/20/2012 8:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2012 8:04 PM

keep the hulas they're strong as hell. plus you already have em.

|

1/20/2012 8:28 PM

Yea I know they are. I just heard that the gsports are really good so thought I would ask. Thanks!

|

1/20/2012 8:31 PM

Ribcages are the strongest rim out there but carry a hefty price tag. Keep ur hulas till they die then get ribs.

|

Refs: Wade. Beastassdick. ScramHype Lee_Rager(x7) Spikez5 TCBmx Dolphin
With seller feedback and ref on Bmx-forum.com and PBNation.com. WhiteKinght

1/20/2012 8:32 PM

Droogskull wrote:

Ribcages are the strongest rim out there but carry a hefty price tag. Keep ur hulas till they die then get ribs.

that

or get rollcages, a bit cheaper, but from the sounds of it you don't really NEED new rims so keep em until/if they die

|

1/20/2012 8:33 PM

Droogskull wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

that

or get rollcages, a bit cheaper, but from the sounds of it you don't really NEED new rims so keep em until/if they die

I've also heard really good things about Eclat rims.

|

1/20/2012 8:39 PM

I dont realy need them but for the first time I have the money to build a new bike that is not a mix of my old shit, used and some new parts. So Im getting that kid in a candy store feeling. hahahaha

|

1/20/2012 8:44 PM

i heard the same thing about the eclat rims

and yeah if you wanna get new rims but don't wanna pay the hefty price of like $90 a rim for ribcages, just get rollcages, just about the same, but a bit cheaper.

|

1/20/2012 8:50 PM

Just got the ribcages I ordered from Albes today. If you get them, get them from Albes! Turbo does a great job!!!!

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

1/20/2012 8:53 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

Just got the ribcages I ordered from Albes today. If you get them, get them from Albes! Turbo does a great job!!!!

This! So glad I live about 45 min away from the shop :D

|