primo mix hub question

Related:
Create New Tag

10/22/2015 9:33 PM

i got a primo mix hub wich i got from a friend and so fas so good until i started doing halfcabs i run 28/9 and started popping so i took it apart and cleaned it and when i put it back together i noticed it has quite some play so my question is, the driver has two bearings, a big bushing and two small bushings, is it suposed to have a bushing or neddle style bearing?

|

10/22/2015 9:54 PM

Only the 8t drivers use the needle rollers instead of bearings.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

10/22/2015 10:02 PM

Pics of the stuff would help cause I'm not sure if by "small bushings" you mean small spacers, or actual bushings. The 9t driver for that hub uses 2 small spacers, 2 bearings(Along with a clip that holds them in place), and a needle bearing (2 pieces for this, 1 has the rollers & the other is a sort of shim that it rolls on in between the axle)

The whole assembly should be like this when installed correctly. Sorry for the small pic, best I could find on Google

Photo

Left to right it should be small spacer, driver, small spacer, needle bearing/roller, then locknut.

|

10/22/2015 10:04 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Only the 8t drivers use the needle rollers instead of bearings.

8t drivers use the bushing he's describing

Photo

9t & up uses needle bearing/rollers
Photo

|

10/22/2015 10:14 PM

i think mine is missing the needle bearings cause it has everything but the needle bearings, not long ago i changed the spacers but since i never had that hub i fidnt know the internals

|