primo powerbites pedal insterts

Related:
Create New Tag

12/17/2013 1:35 PM

i've seen a lot of topics on this forum and bmx forum about the problems with primo powerbites pedal inserts, but couldn't find a clear one with a solution to fix the problem. i might get these cranks but i don't want to have problems with them, is it true that if you do a lot of drops and shit the pedal insterts will get loose?
someone who has expercience with these cranks, please, enlighten me.
also, do 48 spline 19mm spindle cranks get wobble after riding them hard?
all the options i have for new cranks are primo powerbites or wethepeople royal v2 (48 spline 19mm), can't go over that amount of money

|

12/17/2013 1:41 PM

Go for Powerbites. Just be sure to grease the threads on your pedals before installing them. And if they ever come loose, I'm pretty sure you can loc-tite them back into place. Don't know for sure, never had that problem with my Powerbites. But they're probably the strongest crank ever made. Don't think I've ever seen an actually broken Powerbite. Go for them. Much, much better than any 48 spline crank.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

12/17/2013 1:44 PM

how do they feel? i see they are a bit thin, but don't know if that makes a difference when riding them

|

12/17/2013 2:42 PM

ivancuestabmx wrote:

how do they feel? i see they are a bit thin, but don't know if that makes a difference when riding them

A bit THIN!!! No way! These cranks are beefy! I have them, they're way better than my profiles were.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/17/2013 2:44 PM

If you like powerbites look at shadow noctis cranks. Same style of cranks but better pedal bosses. Powerbites pedal bosses tend to fuck up from not greasing the pedal threads or excessive pedal removeAl.

48 spline cranks will wear slowly over time. You need to run those suckers tight so there is no play in the arm/spindle interface which will cause the wobble.

I loved the noctis cranks when I ran them. Only got rid of them cause I wanted shorted arms

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

12/17/2013 3:58 PM

I think primo fixed the pedal inserts with the V2 hollowbites.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

12/18/2013 2:32 AM

the thing is that i can't get the shadow noctis or hollowbites because those are more expensive, so it's either powerbites or wethepeople royals, i think that i will try powerbites, i like the look of these and i will take care of them haha

|