primo strand forks??

Related:
Create New Tag

4/6/2011 8:53 PM

anyone ran these...albes told me they are for flatland only idk...good for street?

|

4/6/2011 9:01 PM

i have them and i dont flatland, i think their fine

|

4/6/2011 9:03 PM

theyre really nice and strong.

|

Refs : ninjacat33

4/6/2011 9:05 PM

im stuck on either primo strands v1 or eastern hawkeye forks what one should i get??

|

4/6/2011 9:06 PM

make one thread for forks...

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

4/6/2011 9:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/6/2011 9:20 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

make one thread for forks...

That's because they have 13mm offset. The Hawkeye's are ate 32mm. If you don't know the difference, the Strands feel like the bars are gonna start spinning by themselves if you let go of the bars riding down the street. Gives the bike a more response feel... super sketchy. Like turning your look speed up all the way on your game controller. Fun forks if you have a purpose for them. Not the strongest, but have a good warrantee. If you ride flat and do a lot of front wheel tricks... Strands are awesome. If not, go with a fork with less offset.

|

4/6/2011 9:26 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

make one thread for forks...

COLORADO SPRINGS wrote:

That's because they have 13mm offset. The Hawkeye's are ate 32mm. If you don't know the difference, the Strands feel like the bars are gonna start spinning by themselves if you let go of the bars riding down the street. Gives the bike a more response feel... super sketchy. Like turning your look speed up all the way on your game controller. Fun forks if you have a purpose for them. Not the strongest, but have a good warrantee. If you ride flat and do a lot of front wheel tricks... Strands are awesome. If not, go with a fork with less offset.

thanks ima get easterns then

|

4/7/2011 12:41 AM

get strands, stable and super good for nose tricks. You wont regret it. I have a pair and i love them.

|

4/7/2011 8:34 AM

i love my strands. has any1 cut them down tho? way too long

|

4/7/2011 9:26 AM

i always wanted to try em, never have the money when i see em used though, but they should be fine, maybe help you spin a millimeter more!

|

Refs on TCUB: Aetsh, i <3bike
Refs on Vital: abod, 605, Blake el gingero, BobPA
All refs are buying

4/7/2011 10:04 AM

i like too bike wrote:

i love my strands. has any1 cut them down tho? way too long

i cut mine down,
theres like 2 inch at the top with no threads so you dont even have to cut the threads

|

4/7/2011 12:12 PM

i like too bike wrote:

i love my strands. has any1 cut them down tho? way too long

this^ ive cut mine to.

|

4/7/2011 2:04 PM

i like too bike wrote:

i love my strands. has any1 cut them down tho? way too long

CARL wrote:

this^ ive cut mine to.

how much did u cut them down. im scared of cutting them down too much and cutting all the treads out

|

4/7/2011 2:20 PM

i like too bike wrote:

i love my strands. has any1 cut them down tho? way too long

CARL wrote:

this^ ive cut mine to.

i like too bike wrote:

how much did u cut them down. im scared of cutting them down too much and cutting all the treads out

I have maybe 3-4 spacers, so i didnt cut them to much. Make sure to measure before you cut. I usually do this by putting the forks on my bike with a couple of spacers and the stem. I then mark the steerer tube right above the stem, take the forks of and cut a millimeter or two below the mark.

|

4/7/2011 4:52 PM

CARL wrote:

this^ ive cut mine to.

i like too bike wrote:

how much did u cut them down. im scared of cutting them down too much and cutting all the treads out

CARL wrote:

I have maybe 3-4 spacers, so i didnt cut them to much. Make sure to measure before you cut. I usually do this by putting the forks on my bike with a couple of spacers and the stem. I then mark the steerer tube right above the stem, take the forks of and cut a millimeter or two below the mark.

alright thanks man!

|

4/7/2011 5:01 PM

COLORADO SPRINGS wrote:

That's because they have 13mm offset. The Hawkeye's are ate 32mm. If you don't know the difference, the Strands feel like the bars are gonna start spinning by themselves if you let go of the bars riding down the street. Gives the bike a more response feel... super sketchy. Like turning your look speed up all the way on your game controller. Fun forks if you have a purpose for them. Not the strongest, but have a good warrantee. If you ride flat and do a lot of front wheel tricks... Strands are awesome. If not, go with a fork with less offset.

i went from pitches to sects and man i instantly noticed the improved twitchyness lol and thats only a 4mm difference...

|

4/7/2011 6:07 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

make one thread for forks...

COLORADO SPRINGS wrote:

That's because they have 13mm offset. The Hawkeye's are ate 32mm. If you don't know the difference, the Strands feel like the bars are gonna start spinning by themselves if you let go of the bars riding down the street. Gives the bike a more response feel... super sketchy. Like turning your look speed up all the way on your game controller. Fun forks if you have a purpose for them. Not the strongest, but have a good warrantee. If you ride flat and do a lot of front wheel tricks... Strands are awesome. If not, go with a fork with less offset.

I've only seen ones pair of broken Strands. I definitely seen more Hawkeyes broken.

|

4/7/2011 8:22 PM

Kenealy wrote:

I've only seen ones pair of broken Strands. I definitely seen more Hawkeyes broken.

Well, I have never seen any Hawkeye's out here broken. I actually own a few pairs. Not that they don't break, I know any part that gets pushed past their limits do. Strands on the other hand... I do like Strands, just not for anything other than flatland. I own a pair... needless to say they are my second pair. Understand? I rode Flat, Street, Park, Dirt and everything in between on them. The only benefit I would see someone buying a pair of Strands would be if you only do front wheel tricks or if you ride flatland. While it does make those type of tricks easier, I see no need to throw on a pair of forks specifically for front wheel tricks when I can do them just as easy with any fork. I've found the easiest way to learn anything is through practice. I find the whole "buy these to do nose wheelie" trend laughable. To buy these to ride street or box or ramp, I find to be silly and even dangerous. That's my experience. To hop around on the ground like 90% of you do... they're fun and you probably will never have any problems out of them. That's just what I think. One trick... not worth it to me.

|

4/8/2011 2:03 AM

I have them for flatland, and I also have odyssey classic freestyle for flatland and they are both fine. Theres the odd jump and drop now and again and they're fine for that.. But with the tapered legs like they have and 4mm dropouts then...

|

11/27/2011 11:08 AM

I love mine, I am a flatlander mostly but have a pair on my street bike now for 2 years, never a problem, I'm selling an extra pair with 990 mounts on Ebay right now

|

11/27/2011 11:32 AM

I love them and I ride street, no issues. Go get yourself a pair

|

refs- Brenden1207, thebalt

9/3/2013 12:38 PM

I've been riding for 14 years and I've never used a fork that feels nearly as good as the Strands.Get em

|

9/3/2013 2:10 PM

I do not like strands one bit other than for flatland. I mean, yes, it does make nose manuals easy, but riding down the road feeling like if you turn at all you will flip is not fun. I think for just regular street, keep away, if you are tech or something they could be good. I have actually seen a pair of these break tho.. this guy snapped the dropouts right off, and i hardly ever see parts break, and i see a lot of pics of the dropouts broken. So i would avoid them. If you want amazing forks get some Sunday Octaves or Odysseys.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.