pro-tec helmet Riot vs Classic/bucky

Related:
Create New Tag

8/4/2013 5:48 PM

Hey all,
I am looking at getting a new helmet and can't decide between the pro-tec Riot or the classic.
Anybody got advice or thoughts on the 2??

Cheers

|

8/4/2013 7:23 PM

Get a certified helmet.

Try some on to see what you like. Personally I have a weird shaped head, so certain helmets sit funny on me.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/4/2013 7:30 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Get a certified helmet.

Try some on to see what you like. Personally I have a weird shaped head, so certain helmets sit funny ...more

this.
if ur not getting a certified helmet just save ur money and dont buy one at all.. because they provide about the same protection... seriously.. bell has a machine they use to test helmes on and they cant even test the uncertified ones because they break everytime....

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

8/4/2013 7:51 PM

Are they really that bad? ?
Id only go the single impact foam styles as thats how they are supposed to work..

See what other brands are around at my local shop I guess

|

8/4/2013 8:01 PM

I've held a Bucky helmet I don't get how people trust them who ride.....things even feel so damn thin

|

8/4/2013 8:11 PM

Wow. Oh well sounds Like people just wear them to be cool??

|

8/4/2013 8:25 PM

Skaters tend to slam Ankles knees and arms, bmx riders tend to smash their heads allot more I've seen then skateboarders

|

8/4/2013 8:38 PM

yeah for sure, I see over and over in the videos when they land on their butt, roll back and a big fat whip when the back of their melon hits the pavement is no good..

Cheers for the info guys smile

|