probably the most hated

Related:
Create New Tag

5/31/2008 6:53 AM

setup on a bike lol


but never mind that..i love eastern! lol so haters...... boooo on you


i just got some new parts...


eastern reaper 2 (no cutouts)
eastern 720 cranks (i like lightweight)
shadow conspiracy bars (big bars aint fo me)
new bb kit and new headset

still looking for a nice chainwheel about 42 teeth

|

5/31/2008 6:59 AM

Eastern makes me laugh. The slit pegs are just hilarious, a fucking joke if you ask me. Oh and why would you run a 42 tooth sprocket? That's pretty odd, 43 or 44 would be easier to find but those sizes are obsolete now days. I mean, you did say you like light weight... Didn't you? Why not run a more common 30-11, 28-10, 25-9? If you are still using a free wheel hub you could always grab a 14 tooth freewheel and run a 36-14 set up. I have a nice Kink 36 tooth I could sell you.

|

I awarded myself infinite cool points. Breaking the rules has never been this cool... EVER! Forever.

5/31/2008 7:07 AM

streetcrime wrote:

Eastern makes me laugh. The slit pegs are just hilarious, a fucking joke if you ask me. Oh and why would you run a 42 tooth sprocket? That's pretty odd, 43 or 44 would be easier to find but those sizes are obsolete now days. I mean, you did say you like light weight... Didn't you? Why not run a more common 30-11, 28-10, 25-9? If you are still using a free wheel hub you could always grab a 14 tooth freewheel and run a 36-14 set up. I have a nice Kink 36 tooth I could sell you.

because i think i have either a 14 or 15 tooth driver... and i don't want to be going mad like a walmart mountain bike stuck in first gear lol. and why does eastern make you laugh? they like to cut weight. i don't see you busting ass trying to design nice parts, all the while taking critisism from every kind of rider... you can't make everyone happy

|

5/31/2008 7:15 AM

With a 14 tooth driver you can run a 36 tooth sprocket and it will feel the same as a 43/44-16 set up. You must not know a lot about bikes. As long as you downsize the driver you can down size the sprocket 25-9 is the same thing as 43-16.

Eastern makes me laugh because they try too hard to make things light while compromising the strength of their parts. The thing about eastern is they just hack and drill on every part, desperately trying to make their parts lighter, and then a small independent company like Tree puts something on the market that is way stronger and lighter at the same time... What a concept.

|

I awarded myself infinite cool points. Breaking the rules has never been this cool... EVER! Forever.

5/31/2008 7:20 AM

what? and if that is so then it would be much moer expensive...


and i know exactly how a gear ratio works but for my back tire if i got a new driver i need a new wheel... so yea i'm spending enough already

|

5/31/2008 7:28 AM

I would never buy anything Eastern. I had a friend who snapped the head tube off his Jane just doing a manual. I'm talking completely snapped the fucking head tube off and landed on his ass with the bars, fork, and front wheel still in his hand while the rest of the bike did flips down the street.

That was a couple years ago. Who knows, maybe they make better frames and parts now. With all the stupid slits and holes in their products I highly doubt it.


|

I awarded myself infinite cool points. Breaking the rules has never been this cool... EVER! Forever.

5/31/2008 7:31 AM

They have improved their bikes, because a couple years ago they were crap

|

5/31/2008 7:31 AM

streetcrime wrote:

Eastern makes me laugh. The slit pegs are just hilarious, a fucking joke if you ask me. Oh and why would you run a 42 tooth sprocket? That's pretty odd, 43 or 44 would be easier to find but those sizes are obsolete now days. I mean, you did say you like light weight... Didn't you? Why not run a more common 30-11, 28-10, 25-9? If you are still using a free wheel hub you could always grab a 14 tooth freewheel and run a 36-14 set up. I have a nice Kink 36 tooth I could sell you.

bmxiscool wrote:

because i think i have either a 14 or 15 tooth driver... and i don't want to be going mad like a walmart mountain bike stuck in first gear lol. and why does eastern make you laugh? they like to cut weight. i don't see you busting ass trying to design nice parts, all the while taking critisism from every kind of rider... you can't make everyone happy

The part about going mad like a walmart mountain bike stuck in first gear is the part that makes me think you know nothing about gear ratios on a bike. Sorry, maybe I misunderstood what you were trying to say.

|

I awarded myself infinite cool points. Breaking the rules has never been this cool... EVER! Forever.

5/31/2008 7:33 AM

Eastern AOS wrote:

They have improved their bikes, because a couple years ago they were crap

Obviously. I kinda got the clue when my friend's head tube snapped off the frame during a manual.

|

I awarded myself infinite cool points. Breaking the rules has never been this cool... EVER! Forever.

5/31/2008 7:35 AM

Eastern AOS wrote:

They have improved their bikes, because a couple years ago they were crap

streetcrime wrote:

Obviously. I kinda got the clue when my friend's head tube snapped off the frame during a manual.

Well duhh dum azz but I am saying that there parts a very good now including the new Eastern Jane bike

|

5/31/2008 7:43 AM

The Slit Pegs still make me chuckle. What a horrible idea, you can't even rotate them when they start to wear through yet they have like 80 different positions for that very reason.

|

I awarded myself infinite cool points. Breaking the rules has never been this cool... EVER! Forever.

5/31/2008 7:59 AM

Eastern AOS wrote:

They have improved their bikes, because a couple years ago they were crap

streetcrime wrote:

Obviously. I kinda got the clue when my friend's head tube snapped off the frame during a manual.

lol
[] []
/..\
____

|

5/31/2008 8:05 AM

Those pegs are for light use, and park. they arent going to last on a heavy concrete street session. and all the holes in the frames? yea they found all the stress areas on a frame and removed metal from the places with the least amount of stress. they cant be all weaker, as thats what NASCAR does, and those cars hit shit at like 170 MPH. clearly it doesnt sacrifice any strength, since that shit handles nasty ass rollovers and and hitting walls fairly well. You can choose not to buy anything from them. Chances are your buddy's frame broke because of either a horrid defective weld, OR he was doing something WAY stressful BEFORE it broke, causing it to weaken, and maybe even crack, and then the stress of him yanking up on the bars just finished the job. I am sure if it broke from JUST a manual, had he contacted eastern, they would have sent him a new one.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/31/2008 8:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 4:18 PM

" target="_blank">



cool, here's a grim reaper getting snapped. The head tube snapped off, what a coincidence. The video title claims it snapped on the 1st run.
|

I awarded myself infinite cool points. Breaking the rules has never been this cool... EVER! Forever.

5/31/2008 8:45 AM

maybe the guy just fucking likes the company eastern
and likes bigger sprockets so stop telling him should to it just cause its cool and everyone else is doing it, and stop telling him eastern sucks, i know for a fact there quality parts because unlike half of you shit talkers, IVE actually ridden eastern parts, and have friends whove ridden them, and the only part theyve ever broken is 1 guy snapped his eastern pro front 3/8 axle, thats it, thats all, fuck you, fuck the haters, go with eastern, and big sprockets. fuck trends.

|

5/31/2008 8:59 AM

The head tube snapped off you said right? Well, since they didn't take metal from out of the welds, how can you say that the metal removed from the head tube affected it? It didn't break across the holes where they removed metal. The front of the headtube has little to do with the welds, aside from proximity. Clearly it has been a bad set of welds. (which will happen from time to time, it shouldn't, but it does.) I have yet to hear of the BB on that frame giving problems like cracking, or the chain stays, or even the seat tube. Until there is consistent proof that the headtubes and all other locations on that frame show issues like breaking THROUGH the holes, you really cannot argue that the holes cause the weakness. It is the WELDS. Granted that is bad, but you have no ground to stand on blaming the potentially innovative weight-saving holes.

Oh, and how long did your friend have that Eastern Jane? I bet it wasn't brand new. I bet he had ridden the hell out of it for quite a while.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/31/2008 9:01 AM

thanks sunday and


I'M NOT FUCKING GETTING ANYTHING WITH CUTOUTS OR SLITS GOSH DAMN

|

5/31/2008 9:04 AM

Get what you want, i have no issue with you. my issue is with streetcrime, as he is arguing that the holes cause the frames to break. yet the frames are not breaking through the holes, so thats crap.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/31/2008 9:05 AM

everyone just needs to shut the fuck up about eastern, there a good company.
there stock bikes arent the greatest, but no stock bike is, there aftermarket parts are great, and for those of you complaining about the cut outs.. ummm stop being such a fucking weight weenie and begging for the lightest stuff possible and maybe they wouldnt have to do that. as for the stuff cracking, kinks stock bike frames crack, and ive heard there rear wheels arent to great, and my friends even bent the fuck out of his front axle and hardly even uses it .. hmm sounds relevant to eastern, yet no one has shit to say about that except "oh its a manufacturing defect." which it is, and which is the same thing going on with eastern, its a manufacturing defect if somehow you somehow possibly manage to crack, break, snap, or whatever else to any of their products, so shut the fuck up already.

|

5/31/2008 9:08 AM

Well said. I also like the use of "weight weenie." I am waiting to hear about all the innertube companies coming under fire for flats...

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/31/2008 9:10 AM

dude even i ride a few eastern parts like the back wheel sprocket cranks and frame and i think its stupid to cut holes in stuff like id probably never get the grim reaper or slit pegs but i dont mind eastern cuz go on dans and check out prices on some of theyre products its so cheap and sometimes they have some of the most lightest things

|

go ride a bike

5/31/2008 9:11 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

everyone just needs to shut the fuck up about eastern, there a good company.
there stock bikes arent the greatest, but no stock bike is, there aftermarket parts are great, and for those of you complaining about the cut outs.. ummm stop being such a fucking weight weenie and begging for the lightest stuff possible and maybe they wouldnt have to do that. as for the stuff cracking, kinks stock bike frames crack, and ive heard there rear wheels arent to great, and my friends even bent the fuck out of his front axle and hardly even uses it .. hmm sounds relevant to eastern, yet no one has shit to say about that except "oh its a manufacturing defect." which it is, and which is the same thing going on with eastern, its a manufacturing defect if somehow you somehow possibly manage to crack, break, snap, or whatever else to any of their products, so shut the fuck up already.

How is a cat delicous?

|

Refs on TCUB: Aetsh, i <3bike
Refs on Vital: abod, 605, Blake el gingero, BobPA
All refs are buying

5/31/2008 9:12 AM

I only run a 30-11. Not because it's cool or because it's trendy but because it's lighter. I used to break a chain every time I went riding, even with a 36-14 set up... Then I would have to walk my bike 5 miles back to my house. Smaller gearing is not a trend, it is functional. Riding brakeless with your seat slammed and your frame and wheels painted neon green is a trend, there is absolutely no function. If you think Eastern makes good parts just click on the link I posted above.

Peace out. I'm gonna go ride before I have to go to work. I'll be back later.

|

I awarded myself infinite cool points. Breaking the rules has never been this cool... EVER! Forever.

5/31/2008 9:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 4:18 PM

&feature=related

clearly, that guy is hard on his shit. Watch this video.
|

5/31/2008 9:13 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

everyone just needs to shut the fuck up about eastern, there a good company.
there stock bikes arent the greatest, but no stock bike is, there aftermarket parts are great, and for those of you complaining about the cut outs.. ummm stop being such a fucking weight weenie and begging for the lightest stuff possible and maybe they wouldnt have to do that. as for the stuff cracking, kinks stock bike frames crack, and ive heard there rear wheels arent to great, and my friends even bent the fuck out of his front axle and hardly even uses it .. hmm sounds relevant to eastern, yet no one has shit to say about that except "oh its a manufacturing defect." which it is, and which is the same thing going on with eastern, its a manufacturing defect if somehow you somehow possibly manage to crack, break, snap, or whatever else to any of their products, so shut the fuck up already.

xTheLivingShadow wrote:

How is a cat delicous?

hahahahaha insider

|

5/31/2008 9:16 AM

streetcrime wrote:

I only run a 30-11. Not because it's cool or because it's trendy but because it's lighter. I used to break a chain every time I went riding, even with a 36-14 set up... Then I would have to walk my bike 5 miles back to my house. Smaller gearing is not a trend, it is functional. Riding brakeless with your seat slammed and your frame and wheels painted neon green is a trend, there is absolutely no function. If you think Eastern makes good parts just click on the link I posted above.

Peace out. I'm gonna go ride before I have to go to work. I'll be back later.

some people like a beefier bike.
and small gearing is a trend, idk how many times ive heard "yeah dude im gettin the animal 22t sprocket" then ill ask why cause he has like a 16t in the back.. and doesnt know shit, and he answers "idk there small and i think that makes them better, so i want it"
i hear that so often.


and i clicked it.........

.... oh wait was that suppose to make me think different of eastern??
cause i still say there good

|

5/31/2008 9:18 AM

justridebikes wrote:

&feature=related

clearly, that guy is hard on his shit. Watch this video.

Jeez that hurt

|

5/31/2008 10:37 AM

i bet eastern parts and frames wouldnt brake so much if they wernt such cheap ass and stop hireing mexican border jumpers to do there weldin and shit

|

5/31/2008 10:39 AM

trickbiker169 wrote:

i bet eastern parts and frames wouldnt brake so much if they wernt such cheap ass and stop hireing mexican border jumpers to do there weldin and shit

Your a dum azz cunt muffin

|

5/31/2008 10:58 AM

Yea. I bet that video of the guy breaking his bike isn't the first run on that bike. I bet its his first run at that ledge, maybe even just the first run of the day. I also guarantee ANY bike with defective manufacturing would break on something like that.

Clearly all he can say is "click that link i posted." No legit response to my comment. Nothing about how long his friend had that Eastern Jane frame.

I would like to hear of an example of those frames breaking where the holes are, not on the welds. When that happens, feel free to claim it weakens things. But until there are cases of that happening, the argument of the weight saving holes weakening the frame are invalid. Obviously people that claim that know very little about metal stress, and structural integrity.

Don't let one persons bad experience sway your choice. Do your research, and just because it happened to ONE person, does not mean it will happen to everyone.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura