profile cassete, make it louder

Related:
Create New Tag

1/18/2011 12:20 PM

ok so hears the deal, i was messing with my profile mini and i took it apart, and i flipped the springs upside down and its 3 times louder, so if anybody wants to make there profile louder just flip the springs upside down!

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

1/18/2011 12:26 PM

oh yeah, cause who cares if it has any negative effect on the hub. as long as its louder, everythings great

|

1/18/2011 12:28 PM

JKbmx09 wrote:

oh yeah, cause who cares if it has any negative effect on the hub. as long as its louder, everythings great

i was being sarcastic when i said 3x louder its really 2x
and how would it ruin the hub? it has better engagement now

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

1/18/2011 12:30 PM

JKbmx09 wrote:

this

|

MOTW 10/18/10 - 10/24/10
MOTM- April 2011
youtube channel: *SUBSCRIBE PLEASE* http://www.youtube.com/user/MrEod1214?feature=mhum
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @eoin_666

1/18/2011 12:30 PM

whats the point of having a loud hub?

|

Refs:
wade, ~stolen boy~, mattjmuldoon(x2), droogskul(x2), element4all, ron44ald, iridefly(x2), empath_, ajp62696, areanfsl, dontdeletemepleaseandthankyou, JakeSalbert, asilva23, bmx4life121303, TCbmx.

1/18/2011 12:31 PM

JKbmx09 wrote:

swalowMY cockachino wrote:

well i dont know enough about pawls and shit, but usually when u take hubs apart and put the pawls on a different way, thts not doing anything good for the hub. maybe its just cause there was less grease on the other side of pawls, which wears them down faster. speaking of which, i need to grease mine very badlyy... and i dont care if it gets quieter, id rather have it last

|

1/18/2011 12:31 PM

JKbmx09 wrote:

and wears out faster andddd probably voided any warranty if prfile has one

|

MY NAME IS NOLAN, NOT JIM
MOTW 06/28/10 - 07/04/10
Refs: spikez5, dallybiker45

1/18/2011 12:32 PM

JKbmx09 wrote:

JKbmx09 wrote:

well i dont know enough about pawls and shit, but usually when u take hubs apart and put the pawls on a different way, thts not doing anything good for the hub. maybe its just cause there was less grease on the other side of pawls, which wears them down faster. speaking of which, i need to grease mine very badlyy... and i dont care if it gets quieter, id rather have it last

i said flipp the springs upside down not the pawls haha

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

1/18/2011 12:34 PM

JKbmx09 wrote:

ohhh lmao, but id assume that the spring is meant to be used in the hub in a specific way, and putting it in upside down isn't gonna do it any good

|

1/18/2011 12:41 PM

JKbmx09 wrote:

JKbmx09 wrote:

ohhh lmao, but id assume that the spring is meant to be used in the hub in a specific way, and putting it in upside down isn't gonna do it any good

ok, well this is for people who wanna make there hub louder, it might now be good for it but it cant be that bad it just makes it a little louder and better ingagement, as long as you put some kind of oil or grease in ur hub it wont wear down.

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

1/18/2011 12:45 PM

JKbmx09 wrote:

ok, well this is for people who wanna make there hub louder, it might now be good for it but it cant be that bad it just makes it a little louder and better ingagement, as long as you put some kind of oil or grease in ur hub it wont wear down.

ok. but i find it kind of funny that you would take the chance of fucking up a 200 dollar hub just to make it louder. and the engagement probably feels better because when u took it apart, u got some of the gunk out of it. i dont think the spring flipping did it

|

1/18/2011 12:46 PM

I don't find loud hubs pleasant, just annoying.

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

if you want to make it louder, by primo pawls and springs for it. they fit perfect, cost 15 bucks for all of them(profiles cot 60$) and your hub will sound like a primo mix

|

profiles dont need better engagemant broooooo

|

MY NAME IS NOLAN, NOT JIM
MOTW 06/28/10 - 07/04/10
Refs: spikez5, dallybiker45

1/18/2011 1:23 PM

austin carlile, or jerry roush?

|

im alex, and i like to ride my bike.
MOTW 5/24/2010 - 5/30/2010.
BOTM february 2011.

1/18/2011 1:29 PM

They break enough by themselves, without fucking with there organs and shit. If I turned your voice box upside down it might make you louder but it would probably fuck you up.

|

1/18/2011 1:44 PM

lol

|

kobe bryant ready

1/18/2011 1:49 PM

Booshy wrote:

They break enough by themselves, without fucking with there organs and shit. If I turned your voice box upside down it might make you louder but it would probably fuck you up.

Hahaha

|

MOTW 10/18/10 - 10/24/10
MOTM- April 2011
youtube channel: *SUBSCRIBE PLEASE* http://www.youtube.com/user/MrEod1214?feature=mhum
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @eoin_666

1/18/2011 3:01 PM

Up above primo pawls and springs^^^

|

you can call me Paulo...
Flickr
*Vital's official Filipino!*

1/18/2011 4:39 PM

Booshy wrote:

lol nicely done...

|

1/18/2011 5:20 PM

i personally want my hub to be quiet. better for street riding and not being obnoxiously loud and attracting the attention of security guards

|

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

1/18/2011 5:26 PM

Do you still have grease in there? Bet it wears out your pawls 3 times faster too.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/18/2011 5:45 PM

would you like it if the profile hub took your eyes and testes and switched them? i think not . they come the way they come for a reason. so you dont mess them up

|

dk.demolition.diaster.

1/18/2011 7:35 PM

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

1/18/2011 7:42 PM

Whatever you do DO NOT BEND THEM! They snap super easy.

|

you can call me Paulo...
Flickr
*Vital's official Filipino!*

1/18/2011 8:47 PM

why would you molest a profile hub like that???

|

1/18/2011 11:15 PM

|

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

1/18/2011 11:25 PM

the driver is still gonna break on you quicks so who cares
start saving up for a driver

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

1/19/2011 10:50 AM

oh well i dont even care about the hub really, but my friend did it to his and his been running strong for 2 years plus

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

1/19/2011 1:10 PM

i just opened my profile hub and put rocks in it. now its literally 5x louder and ive only gotten one citation for noise disturbance. its awesome.

|