profile elite opinions

Related:
Create New Tag

5/19/2016 10:25 AM

i ride mainly park, some street, and id like to start building trails this summer. im due for some new hubs soon. i ride 2 pegs 25% of the time im pegless 75% of the time. i is this a good idea for me to buy profile elite front and back 3/8? id probably end up getting ti bolts. no ti driver tho i heard it wares out pretty quick...

|

5/19/2016 10:54 AM

Ti bolts are useless, you won't notice any difference. Elites are fun, you'll get the same performance with minis and save a lot more.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

5/19/2016 11:12 AM

If you're running pegs only 25% of the time I'd still get 14mm rear axle

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

5/19/2016 11:17 AM

They're far too loud. It'll give you a headache. And they're over priced. Mini's are really nice. I run the 3/8th axle in my rear one but never ride pegs. I've got a ti driver, but only because I got it cheap second hand. Haven't had any problems with it at all so far. If you're not heavy on your pegs at all it should be OK but the male 14mm would be better. There are quite a few female hubs that will put up with peg use though

|

5/19/2016 12:33 PM

I've ran aluminum, ti and steel profile female axles, all held up fine .If wanted female axle and are worried about pegs use, get the steel axles instead. A lot do suggested the male version but I've witness many of the hollow male steel axles snap. Could try the solid version but with your riding descriptions, you should be fine with what you're looking at.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

5/19/2016 1:13 PM

The Centre Axle in the 3/8" female Profile Elite hub is Aluminum. It is not suggested for peg use.

You'll definitely want the 14mm male Axle for any peg use as it is Chromoly if you go with the Elite hub.

With the Profile Mini hubs, you can get a Chromoly Centre axle for a female setup that will be fine with pegs. That's what I run with the 3/8" to 14mm Peg Bolts.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

5/19/2016 6:24 PM

Personally profile elites aren't all that amazing, me (and my mates) dont like the sound at all and as GrumpySteve said it will give you a headache. My friend got two profile elites and got it put together by the bike shop properly and he doesn't do any tricks or land hard at all. The biggest drop I have seen him do is like 1 foot... and the bearings/lock nut? came out of one side when he landed once. The profile website even say not intended for street riding or peg use. I would say if you want profiles go with minis, they sound better and are much more reliable. I dont want someone buying a set of elties for $500-600 (AUD) plus 50 dollars each wheel to get it re laced and then regret it.

|

5/19/2016 8:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2016 8:05 PM

Minis are amazing , I'd try 14mm axle elites but I think I might get annoyed with the loudness after a while

|

5/19/2016 8:28 PM

Elites sound fun but will probably fuck up and get you mad for how much you spent . Get minis

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/20/2016 7:15 AM

mrbmxerforlife112 wrote:

Personally profile elites aren't all that amazing, me (and my mates) dont like the sound at all and as GrumpySteve said it ...more

yes they are superr loud haha i met this guy and he had one with the old style pawls and it wasnt as loud but the new style pawls are crazy loud, idk what im going to do yet. they are really expencive to..... sad

|

5/20/2016 7:59 AM

mrbmxerforlife112 wrote:

Personally profile elites aren't all that amazing, me (and my mates) dont like the sound at all and as GrumpySteve said it ...more

Frazz456 wrote:

yes they are superr loud haha i met this guy and he had one with the old style pawls and it wasnt as loud but the new style ...more

Yeah they are loud and the noise is kinda annoying tbh xD I would go with a stronger more reliable hub dude. The BSD backstreet hub sounds amazing. and I've heard its pretty strong, hence why its called a street hub haha. But there are HEAPS of other hubs that are much cheaper and way stronger than the elite, they just wont have the exact same noise as the elite. Elites really hit the wallet as well. But its up to you at the end of the day.

|