profile gdh vs. eclat tibias

Related:
Create New Tag

2/28/2011 9:29 PM

i currently have been running the tibias but i just got profiles. what are yalls opinions on which is better

|

people who get up early in the morning cause war, death, and famine.

trading refs:live free live to ride, agfracing,ridebmx456,ryanxanimalbmx,wallywangois2hip, harry95, Josh08

2/28/2011 9:51 PM

well everyone knows profiles fuckin insane.they r both great cranks but i think the profiles r better/stronger

|

cocain is a hell of a drug
reppin the RATCHET!

2/28/2011 9:55 PM

yeah i know neither one is gonna break. the only difference is the 22 mm instead of 19 on the profiles

|

trading refs:live free live to ride, agfracing,ridebmx456,ryanxanimalbmx,wallywangois2hip, harry95, Josh08

2/28/2011 9:55 PM

Both are amazing. the 170 profile ones are awesome for whips.

|

2/28/2011 9:56 PM

another thing is i ride lhd and the profiles are rhd. can i just get a spline drive sprocket and put it on the left?

|

2/28/2011 9:58 PM

bryan d wrote:

another thing is i ride lhd and the profiles are rhd. can i just get a spline drive sprocket and put it on the left?

um ya that would probly work.

|

cocain is a hell of a drug
reppin the RATCHET!

2/28/2011 10:06 PM

i would go with the eclats just because there a good company and everyone has profiles.

|

"fuck chicks"
"get tricks"

2/28/2011 10:33 PM

why did you just get profiles if you have tibias already?

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

2/28/2011 10:45 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

because i got a deal on sunday night forks and the cranks for 70 and i couldnt pass it up

|

2/28/2011 10:48 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

bryan d wrote:

because i got a deal on sunday night forks and the cranks for 70 and i couldnt pass it up

hot, you should just stach the profiles until you either build up a freestyle fixie (lol) or break the tibias (also lol)

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

3/1/2011 7:46 AM

bryan d wrote:

that would 100% work because spline drive sprocket can go on either side.just switch the spacers and put the drive side on the left side and the big fat non drive side on the right,cuz maderas have bosses on both arms and they can use spline drive sprocket and they made a spline drive sprocket.

|

FREE WI-FI FROM FIT?!?! BIKECHECK DUDES!
refs- TCbmx(x2), bmx4life121303, mohawk, iridebmx2122, louie101202, loco_for_riding, daniel21, BMX2LIV(x2), supremelylazzy, lirider187(x2).

3/1/2011 8:55 AM

cupovjoe wrote:

bryan d wrote:

Insane deal bro but proflies the best

|

REFS: Drnwag irideafly sunday.bmx21 8=D xlilkillaluc15x Dennis916 Blake El Gingero mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com netty speghetti kr00253 bstick Dudeisdrumer109

pcoco ticaleb

3/1/2011 9:13 AM

cant go wrong with either man!...save your profiles for a new build, or sell them for some extra cash...

|

3/1/2011 9:56 AM

A.M.P UP! wrote:

well everyone knows profiles fuckin insane.they r both great cranks but i think the profiles r better/stronger

Your a fucking retard. Profiles are actually shitty race cranks. Talk to the people who actually ride in your town and I bet you will meet a lot of people who have bent profiles. I've snapped a set and got them replaced only to have bent the fuck out of them again. There's was a huge trend in state college when I went to school to have profiles.....which lasted about three months because everyone bent the shit out of them. Profiles are the most overrated crank ever

|

3/1/2011 11:30 AM

keep the profiles and sell the eclats.

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS

3/1/2011 11:34 AM

bobPA wrote:

Your a fucking retard. Profiles are actually shitty race cranks. Talk to the people who actually ride in your town and I bet you will meet a lot of people who have bent profiles. I've snapped a set and got them replaced only to have bent the fuck out of them again. There's was a huge trend in state college when I went to school to have profiles.....which lasted about three months because everyone bent the shit out of them. Profiles are the most overrated crank ever

lol idk anyone that has "bent" profiles...

|

3/1/2011 11:34 AM

A.M.P UP! wrote:

bobPA wrote:

damn lie,i know people who are better than u,josh shaw and tom villareal,josh is on kink flow and rides profile gdh cranks.a tom rides for madera and deco.so why dont you stop bitching because you probly had some old cranks and maybe they werent even profiles and just looked like profiles.and u can bend the shit out of them by throwing your bike like a dumbass and getting them hit which is what you maybe did and ride hard and not smooth.

|

refs- TCbmx(x2), bmx4life121303, mohawk, iridebmx2122, louie101202, loco_for_riding, daniel21, BMX2LIV(x2), supremelylazzy, lirider187(x2).

3/1/2011 11:35 AM

A.M.P UP! wrote:

bobPA wrote:

HAROF2 wrote:

damn lie,i know people who are better than u,josh shaw and tom villareal,josh is on kink flow and rides profile gdh cranks.a tom rides for madera and deco.so why dont you stop bitching because you probly had some old cranks and maybe they werent even profiles and just looked like profiles.and u can bend the shit out of them by throwing your bike like a dumbass and getting them hit which is what you maybe did and ride hard and not smooth.

ya ppl should definitely be taking that comment with a big ass grain of salt...

|

3/1/2011 12:08 PM

A.M.P UP! wrote:

You're a fucking retard and a half.

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

3/1/2011 5:06 PM

A.M.P UP! wrote:

bobPA wrote:

HAROF2 wrote:

Hahaha wow you know people better than me....impressive. I will post pics of my bent profiles later tonight, they are profiles trust me I bought them right from profile. I never throw my bike because that it was homo 16 year old park rats who can't get their foot jams to look right do.

|

3/1/2011 5:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/1/2011 5:26 PM

[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

i've gotta dig around on my hard drive and i will show you them off the bike because im sure you will just say i had them a spline off. They bent so bad that the metal crinkled on the bottom of both arms....thats not even mentioning the set which i broke 3 months priar to these bending. This set bent by launching like a 7 foot or so start ramp at a park backwards to flat. I will love to have the video posted to show you that the cranks bent right there because everyone at the park kept asking if they are real profiles. I even called profile because i thought it was the spindle and they said that the arms bending is pretty common for street riders.
|

3/1/2011 5:29 PM

eclats > profiles any day
/thread

|

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

3/1/2011 6:28 PM

A.M.P UP! wrote:

bobPA wrote:

HAROF2 wrote:

I know like three people who I watched personally break a pair of profiles, they are race cranks not street cranks, cry about it.

|

Bike check?

3/1/2011 6:51 PM

bobPA wrote: [LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

i've gotta dig around on my hard drive and i will show you them off the bike because im sure you will just say i had them a spline off. They bent so bad that the metal crinkled on the bottom of both arms....thats not even mentioning the set which i broke 3 months priar to these bending. This set bent by launching like a 7 foot or so start ramp at a park backwards to flat. I will love to have the video posted to show you that the cranks bent right there because everyone at the park kept asking if they are real profiles. I even called profile because i thought it was the spindle and they said that the arms bending is pretty common for street riders.

ive seen the spindle twist. i dont think the actually arms are bad i think they fucked up on the gdh spindle. every person thats insane did it.

|

3/1/2011 9:49 PM

Obama wrote:

ive seen the spindle twist. i dont think the actually arms are bad i think they fucked up on the gdh spindle. every person thats insane did it.

I wish I understood that haha.

|

3/2/2011 10:06 AM

still not sure which one to keep ha

|

3/2/2011 10:17 AM

bobPA wrote:

HAROF2 wrote:

bobPA wrote:

Hahaha wow you know people better than me....impressive. I will post pics of my bent profiles later tonight, they are profiles trust me I bought them right from profile. I never throw my bike because that it was homo 16 year old park rats who can't get their foot jams to look right do.

yea i see they're profiles. but if you dont like what happend once,get them warrantied and if it happens again,just get new cranks if you want.you dont have to come here bitching up about the company like that just cuz the cranks ok.

|

3/2/2011 10:22 AM

HAROF2 wrote:

yea i see they're profiles. but if you dont like what happend once,get them warrantied and if it happens again,just get new cranks if you want.you dont have to come here bitching up about the company like that just cuz the cranks ok.

The hubs are a little overrated too....

and for everyone else

The cranks are great. For what they were designed for- racing. Why do you think you can get them in so many different lengths?

Eclats are stronger and better for street/ park. Ask Sean Burns.

|

3/2/2011 10:30 AM

bobPA wrote:

HAROF2 wrote:

Booshy wrote:

and for everyone else

The cranks are great. For what they were designed for- racing. Why do you think you can get them in so many different lengths?

I agree. They design parts for racing, hence why the company is called "Profile Racing". You can't expect them to hold up to everything you throw at them. That's why I would chose Eclats.

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

3/2/2011 10:31 AM

Booshy wrote:

and for everyone else

they may have been designed for racing but they are and have been strong enough for street/trails/park usage...

|