profile mini rear hub conversion bolt question

Related:
Create New Tag

7/31/2017 6:37 PM

just got a new set of wheels for my sunday. rear hub is a profile mini 10mm with the button head 14mm conversion. since the sunday frame has wide drop outs is seems like not a lot of the conversion bolt goes through the drop out. i'm a fairly novice rider, i usually flow around skate parks and occasionally dirt jump.

|

7/31/2017 6:39 PM

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

7/31/2017 6:51 PM

It might be fine in the meantime, but I'd get one of the bolts with a longer shoulder. See option C

http://www.profileracing.com/product/chub-bolts-button-head-17mm-hex-chromoly/

It's got a longer shoulder meant for a peg, but Sunday dropouts are pretty thick so it should fit in there just fine

|

7/31/2017 6:57 PM

i was thinking about that. and if it ends up being to long inside the dropout i can just ad an extra washer on the outside.

|

8/1/2017 12:13 AM

Nah, that's absolutely fine. I've been using a wafty top hat washer for well over a year with no issues at all. The longer shoulder is designed for pegs, so chances are the shoulder will bottom out on the hub before the bolt is tight on the dropouts.

|

8/1/2017 6:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/1/2017 6:06 AM

Was there a question here? It's definitely a colorful bike. I wouldn't worry about it.

|

8/1/2017 8:38 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Nah, that's absolutely fine. I've been using a wafty top hat washer for well over a year with no issues at all. The longer ...more

Yeah I'm sure it's fine, but I'd personally feel safer with at least 3/4 of the shoulder in the dropouts. from the pics, it looks a little under half. But like you said though, there's a chance the shoulder could bottom out against the hub unless he adds a washer

|

8/2/2017 5:08 AM

I wouldn't worry, unless you start riding pegs, then I'd do something about it.

|

8/2/2017 5:26 AM

I did order the peg bolts just in case. ill see how they fit. I don't mind adding an extra washer. plus I rather have a socket drive bolt as oppose to the button head

|

9/19/2019 9:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/19/2019 9:05 AM

ct-corey wrote:

I did order the peg bolts just in case. ill see how they fit. I don't mind adding an extra washer. plus I rather have a socket ...more

Hey

Sorry to bump an old thread. Did the peg version of the 3/8 to 14mm bolts work on the thicker 8mm hollow dropouts?Does it require more spacers on the outside? I'm picking up the same hub for my Sunday Soundwave V3 frame, need to know if it worked!

Thanks

|