Related:
Create New Tag
bmxandmx bmxandmx
5/16/2008 10:36 PM

im thinkin of getting the profile lite cranks with the titanium spindel ... are they really worth the money or should i just get the hollowbits .... im not a weight freak but i do like to have a light bike ....

bmxers vs. skaters... bro ill back u up anyday
bmxers vs. bmxers.. thats just fucked up

PipebagBMX PipebagBMX
5/16/2008 11:17 PM

i will prefer primos cuz they're ankle-friendly........ tubulars just kill ankles...that's my opinion

Both have some weak points... profiles are welded and may break on this areas, primos are made of aluminum... this material doesn't bend.. just break....

personally i've seen profiles with cracked welds on spindle and pedal bosses threads and ripped out splines..... and primos just fucked up threads on pedal bosses, but they're replaceable..... that's why it use primo cranks (beside, are made of 7075 aircraft grade aluminum, strong as hell)

and Ti spindles worth the money for sure!! half of the weight than regular cromoly spindles.... you'll notice the change as soon as you get on your bike

bmxandmx bmxandmx
5/16/2008 11:33 PM

thanks alot bro...

bmxers vs. skaters... bro ill back u up anyday
bmxers vs. bmxers.. thats just fucked up

sittingduck sittingduck
5/17/2008 12:53 AM

I've had both profiles and Primos and never really thought I'd like the primos because of the square ended spindles. (think cheapo road bike cranks) But after having a set, I really like the primos.... I think the titanium primo spindle is a little better, it is a bit larger, and less likely to break, and doesn't have the tiny splines to get screwed up, and is only an ounce heavier. The arms go on and off REALLY easily, no pullers or pounding on the arms. Installing or removing the primos is super easy.

dan556 dan556
5/17/2008 3:45 AM

yeah i think primos are awseome! they go on sooo easily, ive got the old powerbites and i dont notice the weight at all either!

joe rides bicycles joe rides bicycles
5/17/2008 8:36 AM

i would go with profile, they last good for people and you get good reviews on them... im not big on the big design of the cranks of primo and that sqaure spindle and all.... plus i know a few people with primos and they already shitted out on them

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP