profiles

Related:
Create New Tag

1/17/2011 5:04 AM

what makes profile so special that it has to cost a extra 300 dollars for a hub lol

|

1/17/2011 5:06 AM

I have never thought of it like that..
I just like the look and the sounds they make.
Also the anodized finish they have is legit as fuck.

-CB

|

1/17/2011 5:07 AM

bmx_is_rad wrote:

I have never thought of it like that..
I just like the look and the sounds they make.
Also the anodized finish they have is legit as fuck.

-CB

haha yeah if you think about it, it does the same job as a stock hub that comes with a bike so i dont get why someone would wanna spend $400 on a hub when they could get a cheap complete

|

1/17/2011 5:10 AM

Made in America, so production costs + tax's + insurance makes the price go up.

|

1/17/2011 5:10 AM

bmx_is_rad wrote:

I have never thought of it like that..
I just like the look and the sounds they make.
Also the anodized finish they have is legit as fuck.

-CB

You bought hubs because of the look and sound, let alone really expensive hubs. I gotta say this, you are a total fucking idiot.

And to answer your question: I don't see what is so special about them either, I'll probably never buy them since I'm happy with my Shadow Raptor and Primo Mix.

|

-Let me tell you something about you that you don't know...
-I don't like Fit.
-BLRBMX thought I was 23. Silly kid.
-Facebook

1/17/2011 5:21 AM

i run a profile and dont regret spending the money one bit. It is an awesomely designed up, slim, light weight, functional and STRONG. The profiles use a much higher quality bearing and axle than a lot of hubs and the cassette design is a really good one and has pretty much instant engagement and rarely ever slips.

Honestly some of the price is just for the inovative design that they created that a lot of hubs copy now and another factor of the price is that they are infact made in america and that alone does drive the price up some

|

"The ratio of hours of building and maintaining trails is astronomically skewed in the wrong direction, but the pay off is indescribably worth it."

1/17/2011 5:24 AM

and honestly i dont know what hub u are comparing it to but its honestly onjly like $150 more than most any decent hub I wold consider running. the full price is about $300 and I woldnt ever wanna run a hub less than $150

|

"The ratio of hours of building and maintaining trails is astronomically skewed in the wrong direction, but the pay off is indescribably worth it."

1/17/2011 5:27 AM

abreezy111 wrote:

i run a profile and dont regret spending the money one bit. It is an awesomely designed up, slim, light weight, functional and STRONG. The profiles use a much higher quality bearing and axle than a lot of hubs and the cassette design is a really good one and has pretty much instant engagement and rarely ever slips.

Honestly some of the price is just for the inovative design that they created that a lot of hubs copy now and another factor of the price is that they are infact made in america and that alone does drive the price up some

exaxctly and they are also hand made/built,not machine built,as you can see on the profile site some where they are hand built.

|

FREE WI-FI FROM FIT?!?! BIKECHECK DUDES!
refs- TCbmx(x2), bmx4life121303, mohawk, iridebmx2122, louie101202, loco_for_riding, daniel21, BMX2LIV(x2), supremelylazzy, lirider187(x2).

1/17/2011 5:28 AM

abreezy111 wrote:

and honestly i dont know what hub u are comparing it to but its honestly onjly like $150 more than most any decent hub I wold consider running. the full price is about $300 and I woldnt ever wanna run a hub less than $150

If you buy front and back together.

|

-Let me tell you something about you that you don't know...
-I don't like Fit.
-BLRBMX thought I was 23. Silly kid.
-Facebook

1/17/2011 5:34 AM

abreezy111 wrote:

and honestly i dont know what hub u are comparing it to but its honestly onjly like $150 more than most any decent hub I wold consider running. the full price is about $300 and I woldnt ever wanna run a hub less than $150

well on strictly they sell they profile trail elite for $399.99 so pretty much 400 and they also sell a odyssey v3 cassette for $150 so my exaggeration $250 more but still thats alot more!

|

1/17/2011 6:38 AM

the elite is a brand new hub that was just released. Give it a year and the design will be older and the proce will go down just like any other new product. Also on a side note the 6 pawl design on the elite is so awesome!

|

"The ratio of hours of building and maintaining trails is astronomically skewed in the wrong direction, but the pay off is indescribably worth it."

1/17/2011 6:46 AM

abreezy111 wrote:

the elite is a brand new hub that was just released. Give it a year and the design will be older and the proce will go down just like any other new product. Also on a side note the 6 pawl design on the elite is so awesome!

im guessing it wont drop alot because when the gdh axles came in for the profile mini rear hub's the price went up $9,so from $199.99 to 209.99,but cant ever go wrong with profile stuff there good company,

|

FREE WI-FI FROM FIT?!?! BIKECHECK DUDES!
refs- TCbmx(x2), bmx4life121303, mohawk, iridebmx2122, louie101202, loco_for_riding, daniel21, BMX2LIV(x2), supremelylazzy, lirider187(x2).

1/17/2011 6:57 AM

abreezy111 wrote:

the elite is a brand new hub that was just released. Give it a year and the design will be older and the proce will go down just like any other new product. Also on a side note the 6 pawl design on the elite is so awesome!

HAROF2 wrote:

im guessing it wont drop alot because when the gdh axles came in for the profile mini rear hub's the price went up $9,so from $199.99 to 209.99,but cant ever go wrong with profile stuff there good company,

awesome company! i run profile cranks and a hub and love em! eventually something new will come along and outdate the new stuff and the price will drop. Its just the nature of the beast

|

"The ratio of hours of building and maintaining trails is astronomically skewed in the wrong direction, but the pay off is indescribably worth it."

1/17/2011 10:42 AM

abreezy111 wrote:

the elite is a brand new hub that was just released. Give it a year and the design will be older and the proce will go down just like any other new product. Also on a side note the 6 pawl design on the elite is so awesome!

HAROF2 wrote:

im guessing it wont drop alot because when the gdh axles came in for the profile mini rear hub's the price went up $9,so from $199.99 to 209.99,but cant ever go wrong with profile stuff there good company,

abreezy111 wrote:

awesome company! i run profile cranks and a hub and love em! eventually something new will come along and outdate the new stuff and the price will drop. Its just the nature of the beast

yea i love my profile rear hub.

|

FREE WI-FI FROM FIT?!?! BIKECHECK DUDES!
refs- TCbmx(x2), bmx4life121303, mohawk, iridebmx2122, louie101202, loco_for_riding, daniel21, BMX2LIV(x2), supremelylazzy, lirider187(x2).

1/17/2011 10:48 AM

They have all these extra springs and pawls for one thing, but they break more adding to your costs.

They are also made in america so like production costs are wayy higher.

Oh and the brand, a brand as established as profile will automatically have high prices.

|

1/17/2011 11:15 AM

i run shadow and the set is probly half what profiles would be. its not worth it unless racing where it acctually makes a difference.

|

don't put your finger anywhere you wouldn't put your dick
cell# 518 682. 718.0.(only for parts)
refs
i ride fly, devyn, hattrckhcky, spikez5, blackout2010, 3514eclat, mikelee, brecher, TCbmx

1/17/2011 11:24 AM

i dont think there that exspensive a rant over here is about 130£ and profile mini is 150£.
smooth design.
amazing detailed hub shell
sexy anodizing.

|

Follow on instagram will follow back.
brandonmorris_

1/17/2011 11:27 AM

They make you look cool and wealthy, only reason I can think of lol

|

"man that woman could buckle a train track just by looking at it" - Euan on Susan Boyle

1/17/2011 11:28 AM

profiles are over played expansive pay half the price for a ratchet and its probably better

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

1/17/2011 11:46 AM

peggiesmalls wrote:

i dont think there that exspensive a rant over here is about 130£ and profile mini is 150£.
smooth design.
amazing detailed hub shell
sexy anodizing.

More like 180 quid for a rear profile in the UK. I dont really see the point, everyone bums profiles now. Like, you'd pay 300 quid for the hubs, then at least another 100 for the rims, then spokes nipples etc about another 30. 430 quid for a wheelset? Your nuts. And anyway, i've heard from a lotta people that after a while if you look inside the axle you start to see shavings of metal, i dont get what thats about. Anyway, i reckon its alot better idea saving yourself about 150 quid and getting a set of shadows or something.

|

1/17/2011 11:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2011 11:56 AM

peggiesmalls wrote:

i dont think there that exspensive a rant over here is about 130£ and profile mini is 150£.
smooth design.
amazing detailed hub shell
sexy anodizing.

ScootersAreGay wrote:

More like 180 quid for a rear profile in the UK. I dont really see the point, everyone bums profiles now. Like, you'd pay 300 quid for the hubs, then at least another 100 for the rims, then spokes nipples etc about another 30. 430 quid for a wheelset? Your nuts. And anyway, i've heard from a lotta people that after a while if you look inside the axle you start to see shavings of metal, i dont get what thats about. Anyway, i reckon its alot better idea saving yourself about 150 quid and getting a set of shadows or something.

i payed 140 for the rear
payed 70 for the front

|

Follow on instagram will follow back.
brandonmorris_

1/17/2011 11:59 AM

peggiesmalls wrote:

i dont think there that exspensive a rant over here is about 130£ and profile mini is 150£.
smooth design.
amazing detailed hub shell
sexy anodizing.

ScootersAreGay wrote:

More like 180 quid for a rear profile in the UK. I dont really see the point, everyone bums profiles now. Like, you'd pay 300 quid for the hubs, then at least another 100 for the rims, then spokes nipples etc about another 30. 430 quid for a wheelset? Your nuts. And anyway, i've heard from a lotta people that after a while if you look inside the axle you start to see shavings of metal, i dont get what thats about. Anyway, i reckon its alot better idea saving yourself about 150 quid and getting a set of shadows or something.

peggiesmalls wrote:

i payed 140 for the rear
payed 70 for the front

Well then you must be an expert bargain hunter wink from where?

|

1/17/2011 12:00 PM

ScootersAreGay wrote:

More like 180 quid for a rear profile in the UK. I dont really see the point, everyone bums profiles now. Like, you'd pay 300 quid for the hubs, then at least another 100 for the rims, then spokes nipples etc about another 30. 430 quid for a wheelset? Your nuts. And anyway, i've heard from a lotta people that after a while if you look inside the axle you start to see shavings of metal, i dont get what thats about. Anyway, i reckon its alot better idea saving yourself about 150 quid and getting a set of shadows or something.

peggiesmalls wrote:

i payed 140 for the rear
payed 70 for the front

ScootersAreGay wrote:

Well then you must be an expert bargain hunter wink from where?

source 10% off.

|

Follow on instagram will follow back.
brandonmorris_

1/17/2011 12:29 PM

peggiesmalls wrote:

i payed 140 for the rear
payed 70 for the front

ScootersAreGay wrote:

Well then you must be an expert bargain hunter wink from where?

peggiesmalls wrote:

source 10% off.

ahh yeah that is fair enough i guess. But that is in the sale, any other time their usually a lot more.

|

1/17/2011 12:32 PM

ScootersAreGay wrote:

Well then you must be an expert bargain hunter wink from where?

peggiesmalls wrote:

source 10% off.

ScootersAreGay wrote:

ahh yeah that is fair enough i guess. But that is in the sale, any other time their usually a lot more.

especially if you get all that ti shit

|

1/17/2011 12:41 PM

Fuck profile.

And I got a deal on my back wheel: 140ish for a profile lhd hub laced to a sun big city without. A driver and then I bought a driver for 30 bucks and got primo pawls and springs for 10 so about 200 for a really expensive wheel. And its loud. I like loud.

|

1/17/2011 12:45 PM

abreezy111 wrote:

and honestly i dont know what hub u are comparing it to but its honestly onjly like $150 more than most any decent hub I wold consider running. the full price is about $300 and I woldnt ever wanna run a hub less than $150

Trev wrote:

well on strictly they sell they profile trail elite for $399.99 so pretty much 400 and they also sell a odyssey v3 cassette for $150 so my exaggeration $250 more but still thats alot more!

youre an idiot
the price is so much more because profile is american based and american made. its not made in taiwan so there is more shipping cost associated with getting the product to the far reaches of the globe. its a little over 300 aussie dollars to ship just a set of hubs over. imagine how much it would be for a full shipment.
odyssey cassettes are cheaper because taiwan is close to australia, they dont go to america and then back to australia, they go straight to australia.
you are an idiot

|

ferthebirdz wrote: my pegs are called cranks..

1/17/2011 12:50 PM

porn sluts make them.
[LINK TO IMAGE]


you know whores gotta make that money. :-)

|

fear does not exist in this dojo, does it? NO SENSEI!! pain does not exist in this dojo, does it?? NO SENSEI!! defeat! does not exist in this dojo, does it? NO SENSEI!!

1/17/2011 12:57 PM

HenHouseSuprise wrote:

porn sluts make them.
[LINK TO IMAGE]


you know whores gotta make that money. :-)

LOLLLLLLLLL

|

1/17/2011 3:14 PM

abreezy111 wrote:

and honestly i dont know what hub u are comparing it to but its honestly onjly like $150 more than most any decent hub I wold consider running. the full price is about $300 and I woldnt ever wanna run a hub less than $150

Trev wrote:

well on strictly they sell they profile trail elite for $399.99 so pretty much 400 and they also sell a odyssey v3 cassette for $150 so my exaggeration $250 more but still thats alot more!

brentrides wrote:

youre an idiot
the price is so much more because profile is american based and american made. its not made in taiwan so there is more shipping cost associated with getting the product to the far reaches of the globe. its a little over 300 aussie dollars to ship just a set of hubs over. imagine how much it would be for a full shipment.
odyssey cassettes are cheaper because taiwan is close to australia, they dont go to america and then back to australia, they go straight to australia.
you are an idiot

...you do realize that on the profile website they still sell it for $350-$450 and shipping isn't a little over $300, its like less then $60, a frame costs around $300 to ship, beside i was just trying to say why they are so expensive compared to other.

|