pro's n con's on profile hubs n gsport

Related:
Create New Tag

8/12/2011 11:49 AM

for profiles i know threr bearings n axles are good n gsports there bodys n shell are good,what you guys think?

|

8/12/2011 12:15 PM

GSport because they're for freestyle and I think the profiles are really made for racing... But both probably work out fine. If you like to grind a lot, then I'd say GSport.

|

8/12/2011 12:28 PM

thats what im telling these lil gsport lovers,i know peple that are hard grinders and they had there profiles for over 2 years and no probledm,n i said gsports only good for if you love grinding and thats all you do...profiles are good for minimal grinding and park n trails,gsort shells are judt tougher

|

8/12/2011 1:05 PM

I'd go with the profiles. They have a legendary name backing them, and ever little kid out there gets their parents to buy them gports.... so yea. Fight the trend

|


It's an Eastern, and it's fucking awesome.

8/12/2011 1:28 PM

Eimanatox wrote:

I'd go with the profiles. They have a legendary name backing them, and ever little kid out there gets their parents to buy them gports.... so yea. Fight the trend

Gsport and profile are both a trend bud. Honestly I would ride an odyssey over a profile any day. They are good for any type of riding. Also just because it's says profile doesn't mean is good, it may be good "race" stuff, but I personally disagree with profiles use in freestyle. Also I have yet to hear a little kid say " I want gsports". They always want profile stuff here. Therefore your feeding a trend.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

8/12/2011 2:14 PM

Eimanatox wrote:

I'd go with the profiles. They have a legendary name backing them, and ever little kid out there gets their parents to buy them gports.... so yea. Fight the trend

future FBM wrote:

Gsport and profile are both a trend bud. Honestly I would ride an odyssey over a profile any day. They are good for any type of riding. Also just because it's says profile doesn't mean is good, it may be good "race" stuff, but I personally disagree with profiles use in freestyle. Also I have yet to hear a little kid say " I want gsports". They always want profile stuff here. Therefore your feeding a trend.

8-10 eople in dewtour park n trails run profile/madera hubs.15-25 run it in simple session.8-12 run iot in xgames.profile makes hub guards for a reason and some choose to not run them and fuck p there hubs.and yes,kids here to ask there parents to buy gsports.but for gsport i think you always need a warranty card or recipt,so sad for when bught second hand.

|

8/12/2011 2:47 PM

Erugh. Just get g-sport and forget profiles, they are a hassle.

|

8/12/2011 2:53 PM

profiles, gettin maself one soon !

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

8/12/2011 3:18 PM

Booshy wrote:

Erugh. Just get g-sport and forget profiles, they are a hassle.

already have a profile,only thing im having a problem with is my 2 week old eastern classic seald front hub,its making a rattleing noise,i tightend it all the way,still making noise,it shifts like a mmor less and clicked,and i loosedn one side locknut and the bearing was stuck to it,used a rebber mallet and peice of wood and took a tiny tiny slight tap on al 4 sides of the bearing and it wont come off,it came out the shell clean with no struggle,somethings up,if i have to warranty it they beter give me a venus or something,i dont want this hub again. once again,it is (SEALED)

|

8/12/2011 3:19 PM

this is my first timehave a problemwith eastern too,ive nevver ever had a problem with profile.

|

8/12/2011 4:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/12/2011 4:48 PM

Profile hubs aren't exactly race hubs anymore, especially if you throw a 9t driver and hub guards on them...

|

8/12/2011 4:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/12/2011 4:53 PM

fbmcustom wrote:

8-10 eople in dewtour park n trails run profile/madera hubs.15-25 run it in simple session.8-12 run iot in xgames.profile makes hub guards for a reason and some choose to not run them and fuck p there hubs.and yes,kids here to ask there parents to buy gsports.but for gsport i think you always need a warranty card or recipt,so sad for when bught second hand.

you dont need the warranty card if you just do it only in like 5 minutes. all you need is the code that came on the card after that you can throw it away

|

Cool story man!
Water Melon Check

Refs: Sire, 2283kdogg, Zerobig13, Ilovemybike22, BmxRida4lyfe

8/12/2011 5:37 PM

Kenealy wrote:

Profile hubs aren't exactly race hubs anymore, especially if you throw a 9t driver and hub guards on them...

yeah i know,they make them with 14mm axles and 9t drivers and hub guards that are better than most specificaly for profile,i think the kids by me just dont like profile becuase they cant buy it?

|

8/12/2011 8:43 PM

Eimanatox wrote:

I'd go with the profiles. They have a legendary name backing them, and ever little kid out there gets their parents to buy them gports.... so yea. Fight the trend

future FBM wrote:

Gsport and profile are both a trend bud. Honestly I would ride an odyssey over a profile any day. They are good for any type of riding. Also just because it's says profile doesn't mean is good, it may be good "race" stuff, but I personally disagree with profiles use in freestyle. Also I have yet to hear a little kid say " I want gsports". They always want profile stuff here. Therefore your feeding a trend.

Well honestly, I wouldn't get either one of em. For my own use, I would get either a shadow rant, primo mix, or eastern venus. and I could give a fuck less what my front hub even is.

|


It's an Eastern, and it's fucking awesome.

8/13/2011 4:57 AM

Eimanatox wrote:

I'd go with the profiles. They have a legendary name backing them, and ever little kid out there gets their parents to buy them gports.... so yea. Fight the trend

future FBM wrote:

Gsport and profile are both a trend bud. Honestly I would ride an odyssey over a profile any day. They are good for any type of riding. Also just because it's says profile doesn't mean is good, it may be good "race" stuff, but I personally disagree with profiles use in freestyle. Also I have yet to hear a little kid say " I want gsports". They always want profile stuff here. Therefore your feeding a trend.

Eimanatox wrote:

Well honestly, I wouldn't get either one of em. For my own use, I would get either a shadow rant, primo mix, or eastern venus. and I could give a fuck less what my front hub even is.

its rattleing tghough and ive had it for 2-3weeks,eastern seald classic...

|

8/13/2011 4:58 AM

I'd trade my marmoset for a profile.

|

8/13/2011 5:11 AM

I just recently had 3/8th profiles front and back, and no ratchet and vandero. they ratchet and vandero obviously feel sturdier!
The ratchet has really shit engagement like you'd be riding and it'd randomly skipped, i never had this problem on my profile.
So really if you run pegs, gsport if you don't FUCKING PROFILE.
I'm not spoilt but i find amazing ways of getting my parts cheap, so i bought these wheels and a spare profile hubset. so im giving pegs a really hard long test if i don't like them, im bringing the profiles back in! (Y)

|

jarrod

8/13/2011 5:20 AM

xXxbeans wrote:

I just recently had 3/8th profiles front and back, and no ratchet and vandero. they ratchet and vandero obviously feel sturdier!
The ratchet has really shit engagement like you'd be riding and it'd randomly skipped, i never had this problem on my profile.
So really if you run pegs, gsport if you don't FUCKING PROFILE.
I'm not spoilt but i find amazing ways of getting my parts cheap, so i bought these wheels and a spare profile hubset. so im giving pegs a really hard long test if i don't like them, im bringing the profiles back in! (Y)

exactly,gport starts making a cracking noise when they get shitty in the engage ment and once heard they turn in to free coasters.theres this guy thats rear good doing decades n stuff has had his profile for about 4-5 years no problem at all and runs 4 pegs and hard grinder still no problem....he's like so he rode longer than me,that aint got nothin to do with it dick,.

|